Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old September 26th, 2020, 08:17 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Green Wyrmling discussion and playtesting

Geez... those do look perfect! Is their availability good?
Old September 26th, 2020, 08:44 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Geez... those do look perfect! Is their availability good?
Current Mini Availability
21 - eBay
14 - MiniatureMarket

So not really for a Common Hero (maybe especially a Wyrmling), but it's an old mini and it was already put through the SoV process previously. A recent conversation starting at the bottom of this page in the SoV thread might provide some hope to still using this mini for the unit regardless of current availability.

dok has also mentioned that he believes 3d printing supplies enough availability within the next year.
Old October 2nd, 2020, 08:00 PM

SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker

Here is the playtest for the Green Wyrmling team against an army specifically built to counter it.

Version tested:

Spoiler Alert!

Playtest:

Spoiler Alert!

As expected, Zelrig’s team easily won since it was built specifically to counter the GW team. After seeing this team and the Green Wyrmlings in four games against different army builds, I would say the Green Wyrmling with these stats is perfectly fine at 35 points. Yes, Green Wyrmlings are strong against slow moving, normal attack only, melee only armies, but even slow moving, normal attack only, melee only armies can win, and the Green Wyrmling's effectiveness drops as range, special attacks, and faster units are added to the mix against them.

Very nice work @dok and everyone who has contributed to this discussion. I really like how this version of the Green Wyrmling is turning out and am glad to see that it is not as overpowered as I initially thought.
Old June 2nd, 2022, 10:25 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would like to ask about nominating this unit to go through SoV. Just wanted to check in and see if that was ok with this group, if there were plans to. The unit is really fun and it looks like miniature source has really been the showstopper. Recently a good mini came out for this:

https://www.minisgallery.com/index.p...gon%20Wyrmling

The mini has a good stance and looks well built. Availability is good already as a recent release, Fizzban's treasury of dragons is the newest set so it wont be hard to get for a while. First look shows:

Miniature Market: 40
Troll and Toad: 16
Cool stuff Inc: 8
Ebay: 30+

Total: 94

It's not been out long as it released just this spring, printed at uncommon so this is a good sign.

Last edited by Shiftrex; June 15th, 2022 at 12:14 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2022, 12:30 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

An actual D&D green wyrmling. I wouldn't mind a D&D green dragon wyrmling to go along with the other wyrmlings, but it would have to have poison breath and fill a different niche than the existing wrymlings.
Old June 4th, 2022, 10:41 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This looks excellent as a candidate
Old June 4th, 2022, 10:47 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I'm on the opposite side as Scytale and don't really care about maintaining a literal translation of D&D lore. Would much rather see a mini-Charos.
Old June 4th, 2022, 10:58 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
it would have to have poison breath
I don't understand this requirement; why wouldn't it be a mini-Charos ("fledgling counterstrike")?

Vegie seemed to allude to some D&D reason (not sure what it is though?), but I for one am not very familiar with D&D and I would guess that the vast majority of Heroscape players would understand (and want) a reference to Charos over a reference to D&D, given that D&D is a different game and Charos is actually Heroscape.

I know the reason I liked Quahon so much was that she took the existing power from Blue Wyrmling and matched it so elegantly; I would want Green Wyrm to do the opposite of that for Charos.
Old June 4th, 2022, 11:02 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It should absolutely be fledgling counterstrike. Black wyrm should've been the one with poison breath
Old June 4th, 2022, 12:53 PM

All the current Wyrmlings are baby representations of scape dragons not dnd dragons. The red wyrmling isnt a small moltenclaw, the black wyrmling isnt a small othurik.
Old June 4th, 2022, 12:57 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
it would have to have poison breath
I don't understand this requirement; why wouldn't it be a mini-Charos ("fledgling counterstrike")?

Vegie seemed to allude to some D&D reason (not sure what it is though?), but I for one am not very familiar with D&D and I would guess that the vast majority of Heroscape players would understand (and want) a reference to Charos over a reference to D&D, given that D&D is a different game and Charos is actually Heroscape.

I know the reason I liked Quahon so much was that she took the existing power from Blue Wyrmling and matched it so elegantly; I would want Green Wyrm to do the opposite of that for Charos.
From my understanding, in D&D lore, the Green Wyrmling famously has a poison breath. My understanding is solely based on Heroscapers posts that are almost a decade old though.

There was an original Green Wyrmling that went decently far in SoV but was eventually voted down due to the D&D lore inconsistencies and synergy with 4th Mass.

Personally, I think it's decently likely that WotC had this exact debate when they were designing the original Wyrmlings, and decided to punt and make a Blue Wyrmling instead. I can definitely understand Scytale's D&D lore perspective, but from my Heroscape lore perspective, a Green Wyrmling without a Counter Strike is also a fail. I think it just may not be a doable figure for canon due to this lore clash.
Old June 4th, 2022, 01:14 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Why It Failed

This point of contention was one of a couple reasons a Green Wyrmling has yet to make it through the process. Green dragons in DND (which is where the other dragons originate from) have poison breath. They are not exceptional melee fighters as a figure like Charos would imply. Making a Green Wyrmling from the same planet as the other Wyrmlings would be something I would downvote as a theme break.

The simplest solution to me is to have the Green Wyrmling be from Icaria but that might rankle other people. The truth of the matter is that no matter what form this design takes someone will be unhappy. The question then is how to make that the smallest possible subset of people. I don't know the answer to that, but it's definitely worth exploring before a completed result is submitted.

~Dysole, with her 2 and a half cents

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards