Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 17th, 2020, 04:30 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Very nice! Thanks for sharing your thinking on the army construction.
Old February 17th, 2020, 01:35 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

160 Wolves of Badru x 2
140 Morgoloth
115 Ashi-Dhulu
80 Estivara
495, 9 spaces

130 Armocs x 2
130 Kozil
120 Venoc Warlord
120 Tandros Kreel
500, 9 spaces

"As it happens, each army is such that Order Markers need only be placed on four Cards." Except these, each needing only three.

Last edited by kolakoski; February 19th, 2020 at 12:50 PM.
Old February 20th, 2020, 08:18 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

We're now looking forward to playing K.'s game soon on Wed. March 4.

We're always happy to welcome new or visiting players, so PM me if you are interested in playing Scape or another board game with us here in NYC, then or at another time!

(Edit) The date is now changed to April 1. And who could choose a more fitting date for a game of Heroscape? Having been playing for about 13 years now (see OP), we've seen many different iterations, but perhaps the best is yet to come.

Last edited by chas; February 28th, 2020 at 02:46 AM.
Old March 19th, 2020, 06:32 AM

We'll have to see whether or not the Coronavirus outbreak will cancel our date or not. I'm currently 'polling the membership' to see what folks want to do. My other gaming events last week were cancelled, and I've been fighting off a stomach bug myself. But I'm feeling better, and I do have one pal coming over here to game, whose job has 'parolled' him, before we go on what may be a total lock down. Things are changing very quickly regarding the severity of the pandemic, and the steps being taken here in NYC to combat it!

So far I've seen nothing about it onsite here at all.
Old March 21st, 2020, 08:36 AM

April 1 is now cancelled by host K. Hopefully we'll reschedule at some point.
Old March 21st, 2020, 08:45 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Thinking about you guys. Stay safe!

Last edited by Dysole; March 28th, 2020 at 08:21 PM.
Old May 5th, 2020, 08:33 AM

There are now three more new C3V card designs up on the Home Page, for a total of six new ones since we last had a game here. I'm keeping up with printing them out, and looking forward to the day when we can try them out together. There are also new C3G designs there too.

I'm solitairing a lot of other games at home now, and have one person over at a time on occasion, since my place is large enough to do social distancing when only two of us are here!
Old May 5th, 2020, 08:36 AM

(Duplicate Post)
Old May 22nd, 2020, 09:59 AM

Although its too early for us to "Reopen" here in NYC for multiplayer gaming, I hope it will happen in the next few months. Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

So Stay Tuned... and watch this space.

Last edited by chas; May 27th, 2020 at 08:45 AM.
Old June 7th, 2020, 07:26 AM

C3V is posting some nice new cards for when we reconvene! Check out the Home Page for:

Wildwood Monarch
Wildwood Runner
Wildwood Sentinel

Clawfoot Interceptor
Red Mantis Blade Dancers
Honor Guard of the Blasted Lands

Millerson
Himmelskralle
Gen. Simon Fraser
M'toth, Mouth of the Abyss
Re-Tak-Shi

Acolytes of Vorganund
Tombstone Gunslinger
12th Caucasus Rifles

October 2020 Update:

Motley Max - Valkrill
Cal the Smuggler - Vydar
Kuthnak - Utgar
Breach - Vydar
Corvor the Tainted One - Valkrill

And as a NHSD special:

Louis "Mad Dog" Malone

Last edited by chas; October 22nd, 2020 at 09:12 AM.
Old September 22nd, 2020, 06:26 AM

I had to go into Manhattan for the dentist the other day, and took the opportunity to visit Kolakoski on his Secret Island Base in the East River for lunch. Not having seen him since the Pandemic struck, we had a long talk about many things, since the virus has affected life so much. Hopefully he will visit here for a one on one, as so many of his other activites have been curtailed. It was great to see him, although we only talked a little Scape.

I'm in touch with Taeblewalker by phone regularly, and upstate there they are back to playing games in small groups, as is a pal I have up and over in Calgary, Canada. I am only having the occasional single visitor over, myself, mostly to play games in the Commands & Colors series, such as the brand new Tricorne: Jacobite Rising.

Sherman Davies has fallen completely off the radar, as he is not on the site here anymore, or answering emails. He is in the restaurant business, so it may be tough times for him.

Well, if in some months a vaccine is developed and distributed, we may be able to group game again. Come to think of it this is the first time this thread has fallen off the first page in many, many a moon!

Newly equipped with Slack, Zoom, Discord, Steam, and Table Top Simulator, with a new pair of headphones, I am now also playing other board games on Steam/TTS regularly. Its the way to go. We've tried out a number of games I own physically, such as Mezo and Rurik: Dawn of Kiev. My go to two player online is Undaunted Normandy.

May God Bless everyone, and keep you safe until we have the range on this thing.

"We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day"
--WWII Song

Last edited by chas; September 24th, 2020 at 08:24 AM.
Old September 22nd, 2020, 08:37 AM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post

Sherman Davies has fallen completely off the radar, as he is not on the site here anymore, or answering emails. He is in the restaurant business, so it may be tough times for him.
The whole situation makes me sad but this hit hardest. He and I used to always have incredibly fun games of scape and he always had this fantastic energy about him. Grishnak brought me into the group, and I should probably shoot him a text, just to say "Hi", but everyone, with all their eclectic personalities kept me coming to game days.

I really just miss playing real people on a real board.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion