Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old July 30th, 2008, 02:06 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Week@Heroscapers team?

I really enjoyed the Week@Heroscapers articles on the front page the few times they have ran. Unfortunately, Truth has not been able to keep them running on a weekly schedule, so now they are a rare occurrence. Since wave 8 has been released, and there will not be much HS related news, the front page won't have much going on. I think it would be great if we could assemble a team of 'Scapers who would be willing to try and make the Week@Heroscapers a weekly front page update.

The team would need:

•Scouts to find potential candidates for inclusion as the image/thread/blog of the week, or some kind of submissin/nomination thread.
•Someone to write the captions and Week in Review paragraph.
•And someone to format all the hyperlinks, images, and text into the final product.

So, andybody else want to try and help me get the Week@Heroscapers running on a weekly schedule?
Old August 2nd, 2008, 05:18 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Week@Heroscapers team?

I wouldn't mind helping, but the formating hyperlinks mumbo-jumbo is not for me. The rest of it, yeah, I'd help with it.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 2nd, 2008, 10:04 PM

whipmaster is surprisingly tart

I would be glad to scout for stuff to put in week@scapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
YOU don't seem very good.
Old August 2nd, 2008, 10:10 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I have a blog (link in my sig) where I scout out and post cool stuff from the forums, so I'd be glad to help!
Old August 2nd, 2008, 11:52 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!

Sounds good to me.

Maybe we can all take a section.
-Thread of the Week
-Blog of the Week
-Images of the Week
-This week in Review
-Upcoming Events

I think it'd be neat to have a group collaboration to get week@heroscapers up and running again.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 12:12 AM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for offering to help guys. I think we should try to to a test run just to see if this can work.

We will need material posted between Mon July 27-Sunday Aug 3

Scouts can post links to potential candidates. I will try to write the captions and Week in Review, though I'm not the best at writing.

We need:

Image of the Week

This IotW is the latest from "The Adventures of Chedwick and Sven" by Gamjuven. This zany webcomic gives us Sven the clueless viking, and Chedwick the Marro Drone. It is currently in its first story arc "the finding of Steve." You can read the rest of the Comics in Gamjuven's thread or the Gallery.

Download of the Week

Blog of the Week

Thread of the Week

Event of the Week

The Week In Review

Last edited by Mooseman; August 4th, 2008 at 10:27 AM.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 08:38 AM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!

Today is August 3rd.

I think we should take our time to get organized, and aim to have a Week@Heroscapers accomplished for August 4th-10th.

Also, correction: Monday, July 28th - Sunday, August 3rd.

I will be at a soccer tournament today and I won't be home until 4:30-5:00pm EST. As soon as I get home, I'll get started, even though I have a few ideas for some of these.

Image of the week: Maybe we can update everyone on gamjuven's The Adventures of Chadwick and Sven. It's been a while since these comics made their way to the front page, and there have been several additions to these great comics, including a new character, Steve the Zombie of Moridan.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 11:25 AM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomolka View Post
Image of the week: Maybe we can update everyone on gamjuven's The Adventures of Chadwick and Sven. It's been a while since these comics made their way to the front page, and there have been several additions to these great comics, including a new character, Steve the Zombie of Moridan.
Indeed. I can't think of a more fitting example of an imageof the week.

I'll be digging around for threads of the week. Did anyone read Karkadinn's "Rest in Peace, Custom Community" thread? It was a good read.

EDIT: Just realized it would have to be a thread posted in the week of the 4th-10th.

Last edited by Pumpkin_King; August 3rd, 2008 at 11:40 AM.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 11:50 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I vote "Bistro the French Maid" for Image of the Week.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 12:24 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think Dr. Wierd Scapers newest creation, Group Photo , is very deservent of the image of the week spot. It's just nuts.

EDIT: I think the Guru's Pre-Gencon Musingscould be a good canidate for the blog of the week. Another good canidate is hextr1p's history of heroscape fansites
Old August 3rd, 2008, 12:25 PM

Also,I'll write the captions and such if no one else wants to. I love to write.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 12:29 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Actually, sometimes it seems like we could do with a thread revival for a good discussion thread. You could possibly have a segment for the "of the week" that is "revival". One of the battles we have here is making sure people see all the excellent content that may have slipped from the front page.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online