Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old February 27th, 2010, 01:01 PM

bgraves321 Woo who?
In my day job I ...

Hello Scapers.

I just did a quick search for "job" and "work" and found nothing like this ... so here it is.

I think it's cool how this game can appeal to so many different people all over the place. In my own first-hand experiences, those who have really enjoyed (and excelled) playing have been pretty unique--one compared to the next. At the same time, however, most of my consistent playing companions attended the same college, so we've all got a fair few traits in common.

So, I'm curious to hear from any of you. Beyond engaging in the Battle of all Time, what do you do? How distinct (or similar) are we?

Granted, this is completely open to your self-disclosure (aka- how you label what you do or even what you describe), but here's my example:

In my day job ... I coordinate volunteer services for the American Red Cross.

Last edited by bgraves321; February 27th, 2010 at 01:20 PM. Reason: fixed typo
Old February 27th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: In my day job I ...

In my day job, I supervise telerecruiters, track efficiencies of staff, donors, and Amicus machines for the American Red Cross (Biomedical side, not Disaster services).

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old February 27th, 2010, 01:27 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

I work a part-time job at a plant that melts down various kinds of plastics that will be formed into pellets and shipped out to other plastic companies.
Pretty much everything we work with comes on rolls of all sizes, ranging from packing tape rolls a foot in diameter, to rolls of diaper material several feet in diameter and up to about nine feet long.
My job is to help remove the cores on those rolls (which we do mainly with a giant sheer), put the plastic in the boxes, (and clean up the building in my spare time). The good thing about that job is that, time wise, it's very flexible. I can basically show up whenever I want, just as long as I'm doing something when I'm there.

And driving the forklifts are also super fun.

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old February 27th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I teach high school science.

Old February 27th, 2010, 02:19 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I tell people they are doing things wrong, and how wrong they are doing them, and how much of my time they are wasting by being wrong.

In some circles, this is known as tech support.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old February 27th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
I tell people they are doing things wrong, and how wrong they are doing them, and how much of my time they are wasting by being wrong.

One of my best friends does that - I offer my condolences. I hope hope you have too many ID10T errors.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old February 27th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post

Been there, done that.

Old February 27th, 2010, 02:34 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

id10t, PEBCAK, RTFM (just like RTFC here), GGIYAH, we get them all.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old February 27th, 2010, 02:41 PM

SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker

I am customer service at a grocery store whose policies don't allow customers to have service.

Whether to believe or disbelieve, it is a wicked thing to take away men’s hope.

Old February 27th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Dr Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanNinja View Post
I am customer service at a grocery store whose policies don't allow customers to have service.
Never been at a place like that, though a Wal-Mart i worked at would let people return merchandise that we never sold (nor did ANY Wal-mart). Governments aren't the only things that are run horribly.

Old February 27th, 2010, 03:20 PM

SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanNinja View Post
Never been at a place like that, though a Wal-Mart i worked at would let people return merchandise that we never sold (nor did ANY Wal-mart). Governments aren't the only things that are run horribly.
I've exaggerated it a little bit, but we can't reimburse anyone for a coupon after their order is through, we aren't allowed to return any perishable item if the customer's left the store, and we frequently restricted from handing out store coupons. Mix it all together and, well, let's just say that I've gotten good at saying no.

Whether to believe or disbelieve, it is a wicked thing to take away men’s hope.

Old February 27th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I teach high school science.
Okay class. If you take one atom of Q9, one atom of Laglor, and three atoms of Krav, you get a sweet range pod.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General