Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old July 10th, 2008, 11:16 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
The best movie endings - spoilers ahoy!

Every movie has to end. While some finish with a whimper, ultimately sullying your overall opinion of the film (you Hobbits pillow-fighting at the end of Return of the King - I'm looking at you ) other endings can transform a film, searing it's way into your mind to percolate over time.

So what then is the best ending to a film?

I watched 'The Departed' just the other day and was shocked by the ending; by the sudden demise of Leo's character as the elevator doors opened. It was so sudden and brutal. It may not be the best ending, but it was certainly surprising.

For me, the best ending would be... Edward Norton overcoming himself (Brad Pitt) in Fight Club by shooting himself through the cheek. I love the way his psychosis is handled. Followed by the destruction of the city - just wonderful.

Running closely behind, and in no order,

The Usual Suspects - as Kevin Spacey's character, Verbal Kint, walks away from the police station and straightens his body, walking normally, you realize it was all a lie and Keyser Söze is still free.

Dead Poet's Society - as the boy's all stand on their chairs, in defiance to the authorities and give their support, "Oh Captain My Captain!" Very moving indeed.

Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid - trapped in a barn, surrounded by the entire Bolivian army. I love the gag just before the end, “For a minute there, I thought we were in trouble". I love how you hear the gun-fire of the battle but the screen simply freeze-frames on the two main characters.

The Sixth Sense - the moment when Bruce Willis realizes that he too is dead, which explains why his wife won't speak to him. Great ending.

Se7en - "What's in the box? What's in the box!?!" Enough said

So what is your choice? What movie ending has made the biggest impression on you?
Old July 10th, 2008, 11:25 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: The best movie endings - spoilers ahoy!

I hate the Hollywood Ending that 99.9% of movies have so I always find it refreshing when a film doesn't have the typical ending....a classic example is Mrs Doubtfire...in the other 99% of movies like this Sally Field would take Robin Williams back and they would all live happily ever after.

The most "powerful" ending is the end of Godfather 2 where you see Michael sitting there on the bench thinking about how he became everything his father never wanted him to be.
Old July 10th, 2008, 11:34 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
The most "powerful" ending is the end of Godfather 2 where you see Michael sitting there on the bench thinking about how he became everything his father never wanted him to be.
I really need to see those films. I can't believe I've never watched them
Old July 11th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Great ending Wizards Avatar: "Mother always liked you best" *BLAM*

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old July 11th, 2008, 06:59 AM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker
Thumbs up Re: The best movie endings - spoilers ahoy!

My favorite ending is Harvey. You think the invisible rabbit is going to stay with Dr. Chumley but he ends up going home with Elwood P. Dowd. It makes you laugh and it makes you cry.

Old July 11th, 2008, 07:52 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

The best endings are the ones you donot see coming like the Usuall Suspects...really great ending.

Another that i saw just recently is called Layer Cake...the end was shocking to me.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old July 11th, 2008, 08:03 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

I thought the ending to Escape from New York was pretty funny when he gave the President the wrong tape and destroyed the right one.

Although that is far from my favorite. Hmmmmm... I'll have to think about this.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old July 11th, 2008, 11:25 AM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

Requiem for a Dream gets a vote for best/most disturbing ending. Lives shattered in multiple ways after they were doing so well for so long.

Not a movie, but the British version of the Office had a fantastic ending on the special. This truly proved that an hilarious show can have real true moments of drama equal to any film or strictly dramatic show, if you can create characters that people care about.
Old July 11th, 2008, 11:30 AM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdgrant View Post
Requiem for a Dream gets a vote for best/most disturbing ending. Lives shattered in multiple ways after they were doing so well for so long.
I was truly moved by this film. My heart went out to that poor old lady...
Old July 11th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

"It's people. Soylent Green is made out of people. They're making our
food out of people."

"Classic"

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old July 11th, 2008, 01:20 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

The ending to the original Planet of the Apes is another one of those great endings that you can't duplicate. (Although the one in the remake was sort of cool too)
Old July 11th, 2008, 02:02 PM

Tiny Timmy knows what's in an order marker Tiny Timmy knows what's in an order marker

I think one of the best movie endings was the ending to DOOM.

Who would have thought a big star like The Rock would die in the movie... Never thought that would happen...

Another ending was a new release, Wanted, I mean Shilo La'Buff and Angila Jolie were predicted to start being a couple at the end of the movie, buuuuuut, they didn't "Fox" killed herself, while saving Shilo.... Then the end of the movie was almost exactly the same as the beginning.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies