Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old June 19th, 2014, 07:32 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers (MARS) Event Thread

I will be there on the 28th. Really looking forward to seeing everyone! I plan on getting there around noon and playing until late in the evening.
Old June 20th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm around... I'm just in my huge VBS mode. I'll be back into play after June is over.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old June 20th, 2014, 03:24 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

I'll be there at noon as well.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old June 21st, 2014, 12:15 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

June 28th, 2014 . . . sounds good to me. I will also plan to be there by 12:00 pm (noon-ish) even though the new location is further from my house.

@ Spidy & Pete ~ I'm sorry for taunting you with the "vanished" remark. I was only trying to elicit a response since this thread was so quiet for quite a while. Hope to see you guys soon.

@ M_W ~ I first located the gnu location around 10:15 am and was surprised that I could not find a parking space in such a large lot; there is obviously something going on early on Saturday mornings at one of the other shops. Then on the return trip, we got there about 7:30 pm and only stayed about 15 min's.

So with only one week to put maps and armies together, etc., what's the format going to be? Are we 'Scaping, Lev'ing, X-Win-ing, Kermit'ing, Zombiecide'ing, Cosmic'ing, Carcassonne'ing, Battlestargalactica'ing or all or none of the above???

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old June 22nd, 2014, 07:54 AM

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Don't think there is going to be a format. Seems like we will just bring some games along and play something.

I'd love to play Kemet as that is something I haven't been able to do yet.

I recently picked up Mage Knight which is great, but I'm not sure how it will play with 4.

I'd be up for just about anything.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old June 25th, 2014, 03:05 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

I was hoping to make it down early in the afternoon, but it looks like the earliest I can come will be around 5pm. I'll bring Kemet.
Old June 28th, 2014, 08:51 AM

I am still planning to arrive at the new GK at noon. I'm bringing with me Star Wars X-Wings, Levitahans, and several others. I'll be leaving the Joyzee shore in 5 min. C'ya
; - )

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; June 28th, 2014 at 08:52 AM. Reason: correction
Old July 11th, 2014, 10:18 AM

For anyone following this Thread that is also into the Fantasy Flights "Star Wars X-Wing" miniatures game (especially those in the Philadelphia and Cherry Hill areas), there will be a tournament this Sunday JULY 13th at All The Kings Men in Pitman, New Jersey ( 5 minutes north of Glassboro. Here are the details that I just pulled from the FaceBook page . . .

Quote:
WHAT:
Epic Star Wars TEAM Event at ATKM!
Hosted by Brian Alan and coordinated through Meetup.COM/Gotcha

WHEN:
Sunday July 13, 2014 at 12:00pm (2 days from now · 89°F / 73°F Chance of a Thunderstorm).

WHERE:
All the King's Men Chess & Games
62 S Broadway, Pitman, New Jersey 08071

DETAILS:
Come on out for the first ever Team Epic event at ATKM!

Four teams (8 total players) will face off against each other in straight elimination games. The winners of the first round will play for 1st/2nd place, while the losers will play for 3rd/4th.

Each player makes a 200 point list and must play as the same faction as their teammate. You can find more information on the Team Epic format here (p. 3):
http://fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_co...ment-Rules.pdf

Please note that each round of games will go for three hours! If all games go until time is called, it will get done at about 6:00.

If you need a teammate, you can arrange it here.

Due to the format of this event, PLEASE only RSVP yes if you're sure you can make it. If for some reason we are unable to get four teams, this will be an ESCALATION tournament instead.

Entry: $10 per player (gets you $7 in store credit)
Prize support will come from the Summer 2014 Tournament kit

1st place team:
-Biggs alternate art card (1 for each player)
-Proximity mine and proton bomb acrylic tokens (one of each token is included in the kit, winning players decide who gets which one)
-Card boxes (one B-Wing, one TIE Bomber, winning players decide who gets which one)
-Academy TIE Fighter pilot alt art card (1 per player)

2nd place team:
-Acrylic target lock tokens (1 pair of matching green/red tokens per player)
-Choice of Ten Numb or Black Squadron TIE Fighter pilot alternate art card

3rd place team:
-Choice of Ten Numb or Black Squadron TIE Fighter pilot alternate art card

4th place team:

Old July 19th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

GenCon. Who is going? I was thinking of jumping back into the tournament game and running one again. I'm looking at potentially dates around the same time as GenCon. I'm trying to see whom from our collective group is going to see what impact on attendance that might have. Thanks guys!

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old July 19th, 2014, 06:32 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

No Gencon for me; I'm out of town the first weekend in August but otherwise would try to make the trip if I can work out schedules. Fall soccer just started today, so I have to account for that - but if I can be there, I will.
Old July 19th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I don't have any plans for August. It's been so long since I've been down your way for a tournament. If you plan something I'll try to make it.

Old July 19th, 2014, 09:30 PM

Going to depend on the date for me.

I'll be out of state the first weekend of the month and will be busy getting ready for school the end of the month.

So I guess what I'm saying is the best chance for me to make it would be around the 9th or 16th.

I know that you would want to do one in your neck of the woods, but Games Keep has a new store and has a huge gaming space. Something to keep in mind.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events