Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old June 27th, 2008, 02:14 AM

DEATHWALKER has disabled reputation
Exclamation Piano INSANITY!!!!!

Whoever is capable of playing this song in its entirety on a real piano using the sheet music shown here:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WwvrQd20KQQ&feature=related
...has the right to call themselves nothing less than a piano playing GOD and the greatest pianist the world has EVER SEEN!!!!!
And nothing less!!!!!
Old June 27th, 2008, 02:17 AM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Piano INSANITY!!!!!

This should be in the Off-Topic forum.

Elf_Archer is the Sacred Band...
in the GARNET CAVE...
Old June 27th, 2008, 02:37 AM

oni is surprisingly tart

You should know better.

Feed the newbs! Link to a common HS topic in your signature.
Storage ideas
What Should I get next?
Old June 27th, 2008, 02:45 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm marking this one as spam.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old June 27th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
I'm marking this one as spam.
Nah. Kinda nifty, actually.

~Aldin, musically

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 27th, 2008, 03:17 AM

OOPS!
Sorry guys

I'm blind or something

can this get moved?

dumb moment on my part

sorry sorry sorry

mistook where I posted this

sorry

can this get moved?
Old June 27th, 2008, 04:11 AM

Thanks for moving this....

Now then....
Old June 27th, 2008, 09:56 AM

Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER View Post
Whoever is capable of playing this song in its entirety on a real piano using the sheet music shown here:
...has the right to call themselves nothing less than a piano playing GOD and the greatest pianist the world has EVER SEEN!!!!!
And nothing less!!!!!
I'm not sure it's possible to play this... At one point, there's a span of 16 keys with the right hand, and I'm not even sure that's the largest span.

Does anyone know what the most one has ever spanned? I always thought the "max" was around 12.

Never trust kids when they ask "Hey dad, can I borrow the car???"
Old June 27th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaethon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER View Post
And nothing less!!!!!
I'm not sure it's possible to play this... At one point, there's a span of 16 keys with the right hand, and I'm not even sure that's the largest span.

Does anyone know what the most one has ever spanned? I always thought the "max" was around 12.
It's playable, though it would take a true professional to pull it off. Like a top of the line concert pianist, the kind that tours from country to country all over the world and is a featured guest artist in the best symphonies.

As to the max span, 12 half-steps, or keys is an octave, which is the most common of large spans. It's used so much that most piano players can position their hands to play an octave without a piano. Personally I can reach an octave and a minor third which is 15 keys, which I've actually had to use in an arrangement of Tocatta and Fugue in D minor I used to play. Two of my friends can reach a key or two higher, but they don't play the piano. And then there are piano players out there who can comfortably play an octave and a fifth which is 19 keys.

Franz Liszt was famous for having exceptional large hands and exploited his advantage in his music. It's one of the reasons his pieces can be so hard to play.

But for people with smaller hands there are techniques to overcome physical limitations. Rolled hand movement, the middle pedal on the piano, using your other hand to help out. There really is quite a lot of ways to deal with the problem.
Old June 27th, 2008, 01:01 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I'd be cool as a duet. I don't know if I'd be able to play it. I'd have to actually see the notes, and I can't.

I'd like to know who wrote it. It sounds cool!

But when I started playing the video, I knew I recognized it from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q16KpquGsIc

(Warning, you may have nightmares)

EDIT: Okay, okay, I convinced myself. If anyone can find the music for this, I'll convert it to a duet (To save my hands... ) and play it with someone.
Old June 27th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
But when I started playing the video, I knew I recognized it from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q16KpquGsIc
That's just plain old nuts.

I...I love it.

p.s. Anybody else think the internet and technology have provided ways for people to waste vast amounts of time in ways never before even imagined? And you can take that both ways. The person(s) who made the vid and the people who watch it. ALL ARE GUILTY!!!
Old June 27th, 2008, 04:01 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post

(Warning, you may have nightmares)
And turn your volume down before clicking this, especially if you just watched the piano vid!

Though, if you're reading down this far, you probably already clicked.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General