Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Notices

Old February 3rd, 2017, 11:47 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Diplomacy

I'm interested.
Old February 4th, 2017, 09:42 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

The rules are not hard at all. It's an area control game played on a map of Europe. Armies move and fight on land; fleets move and fight in the water and on the coasts. Fleets may also convoy armies. There are seven players and the winner is the one who controls most of the supply centers - specially marked zones on the map - first.

The challenge is the negotiation. From the beginning to the end you will be (hopefully) communicating with other players to achieve your own goals.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 4th, 2017, 10:02 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

And a successful player communicates constantly with both friends and enemies so that no one really knows who is a friend and who is an enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 4th, 2017, 10:07 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yup. We could write pages and pages about how to play *well*, but the rules themselves are simple.

Diplomacy invites more than the usual amount of scholarship like that.

= =
Old February 4th, 2017, 03:23 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Thanks @quozl !
Old February 5th, 2017, 01:13 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just heard of this game tonight. Some friends had a housewarming party/board game party and this game was talked about. One guy is a teacher and he runs a trimester long game in a class. Class is every other day so they get the full time to discuss before returning to class and taking the next turn.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 5th, 2017, 03:08 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

PBP or PBEM sounds like a much more sane way to play than in real time.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 5th, 2017, 10:15 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

For me, PBEM is (by a wide margin) the best way to play, and miles ahead of in-person. I know others would reverse the two and perhaps would reject anything other than face-to-face, but I think PBEM is fantastic.

The "Ken Lowe judges," which I mentioned before, are, essentially, programs that run games. You send in your orders and the judge processes them when the deadline comes; you send in your press and the judge forwards it to the intended recipient(s). You would be surprised how complex those commands can get, given the simplicity of the rules, but the judges could handle it all. I *think* the KL judges have been overshadowed by a newer generation of judges, but I'm not sure.

= =
Old February 6th, 2017, 08:56 AM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Oh, you know I'm in.

I agree, that the true game comes out in the PBEM format. Yet I have many fond memories of playing real time games with my high school friends. We probably played 30-40 times in real life over those years. We often tried to organize weekend game days to play. Although we usually only played for like four hours and had a general consensus about the winning player(s). We didn't find it fun to try to truly play things all the way out to 18 supply centers, especially since there are so many stalemate lines where sides can stay tied at 17-17 and it just takes hours to truly finish. We were more than happy to play and just decide the two players who were at 12 and 11 were the winners and either one of them actually would have gone on to win or stalemated probably. To this day I still really do enjoy real time Diplomacy games, but not really the late game.

So I'd agree PBEM is ultimately better. I do somewhat miss the mad dashing around the room trying to talk to all the other countries that a real time game provides, the PBEM environment is much better--not to mention it's easier to pull off those famous blindsides. Real life certainly had some issues when your ally noticed you having lengthy talks with a mutual enemy....

Anyhow I'm super interested in playing. I'm good with whatever site others want to play on. I haven't been in the PBEM community for Diplomacy in years, so I have no clue really what people use anymore. My friends and I used to use the Diplomacy app/game on Facebook that worked alright, but I had always heard there were better sites and communities. Whatever people pick I'm happy to register there.

Finally, as for others who are new--welcome! It's a fantastic game. The rules aren't that tough to grasp either, the complexity arises from the tense negotiations and the board positions that can happen. But that's part of what makes it so great--there's no luck, there's relatively few units, but the game gets deliciously cutthroat and quite deep strategically without having tons of mechanics or rules.

And actually speaking of this...no clue if they'd want to try learning or joining, but @Dysole , @scorpiusx might want to check this out.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old February 6th, 2017, 10:19 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

If you need another player, then I'll definitely give it a go, but I have never played. So if you get 7, maybe I could just observe for the first go around.
Old February 6th, 2017, 10:22 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Someone wanna start tallying a List in here?

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old February 6th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Umm.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games