Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old July 4th, 2016, 12:26 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Blanka (VOTE for Initial Playtest)

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it - getting Guile wrapped up is probably the priority.

This passes, by the way!
Old July 4th, 2016, 10:52 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Blanka (VOTE for Initial Playtest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it - getting Guile wrapped up is probably the priority.
Cool, I'll stick to the plan.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old July 7th, 2016, 02:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Blanka (Initial Playtest Phase)

When moving with the SA, can he pass over water tiles without stopping?
Old July 7th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

In theory he should be able to, but I'm not sure it's worth the complication... thoughts?
Old July 7th, 2016, 03:53 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think based on theme he should be able to, but it is not currently spelled out that way on the card. I have a map set up right now with trees and water where being able to cross the water with his SA would be useful, while not being able to could be a bit of a hindrance. I guess for me it depends on how much room is available on the card. If we can fit in a line about being able to cross water without stopping then I think we should do so. It shouldn't take up as much room as the normal flying clarifications since the power already states that the tiles have to be the same level or lower, so he won't be able to 'fly/leap' over ruins and the like. Other small obstacles like Caltrops should get passed over though.
Old July 7th, 2016, 04:13 PM
C3G Landlord

Perhaps we should just state in the SA that he can use his Jungle Leap power even if not trees are present. I know it wouldn't be an exact recreation of what he does, but it might be simpler and close enough to live with it. It would give him the same move of 3 ending in a cannonball attack. So move normally, end adj. to a tree, leap 3 spaces, att. normally or leap 3 spaces even without a tree adj. and att. w/SA.
Old July 8th, 2016, 10:17 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Blanka (Design Phase)

One way we could word it would be to make it a placement power instead of a movement power:

Quote:
LIGHTNING CANNONBALL SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 5.
Instead of moving and attacking normally, you may place Blanka on any empty same-level space within 3 straight line spaces from his current position. After placing, roll 5 attack dice once for all figures adjacent to Blanka. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.
However, this would allow him to blast through obstacles, so if that's a no-go, maybe:

Quote:
LIGHTNING CANNONBALL SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 5.
Instead of moving and attacking normally, Blanka may move up to 3 spaces in a straight line. During this move, Blanka may move over water without stopping but cannot move up any levels of terrain. After moving, roll 5 attack dice once for all figures adjacent to Blanka. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old July 8th, 2016, 10:33 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm good with either of those options, but the latter has fewer theme weirdness.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old July 8th, 2016, 10:44 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

The theme is that he literally fires himself horizontally like a cannonball. I'd say Viegon's second is the most sensible adaptation of that.
Old July 8th, 2016, 11:50 AM
C3G Landlord

Second one looks good.
Old July 10th, 2016, 03:33 PM
C3G Landlord

Just started on the initial for Blanka and on my very first hero test I realized their is not going to be much reason to ever use his normal att. of 4 when his SA rolls 5 dice. The SA does not say you can't use it on an adj. figure and just choose not to move as part of the att. Do we want to change that such that he can only use the SA on a non-adj. figure? Or change his normal att. so that it too is an att. of 5, then HG and other boost would make it the better option. I'm having him face off vs. Batroc right now and Batroc is rolling 5 att. (& def. dice, although Batroc only has 4 life compared to Blanka's 5) at 130 points.

TEST 1
Units: Blanka vs. Batroc the Leaper (130)
Batroc won intitiative and decided not to worry about Electric skin and just moved in for the first att. Electric Skin roll was a 6 and Batroc landed a 1W att. on Blanka. Blanka wanted to avoid the Savate Defense power, and wanted to roll 5 att. dice instead of 4, so he used his SA even though he was already adj. to Batroc and just chose not to use the move portion of the power. He scored 1W when Batroc only rolled 1 shield on 5 dice. They continue to trade att. with blocks, Batroc win initiative again during this exchange. Batroc didn’t roll very well on def. but he did finally manage to roll 3 shields on def. once, but since Blanka was just using his SA the whole time he was not allowed to leap away and then leap back in for an auto skull attack.

Who won and how many wounds did they have? Blanka w/4Ws won.

*edit* I'm going to put my test on hold since changing the SA to only work on non-adj. figures would have a big impact on the results.
Old July 10th, 2016, 04:23 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Blanka

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Tests
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Tests
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Seaside Ruins (Custom Map)
Units: Blanka, Frankenstein's Monster, Werewolf (590 Points) vs. Luke Cage, Spider-Man: Peter Parker, Jewel (590 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Badlands (Custom Map)
Units: Blanka, Frankenstein's Monster, Abomination, Lizard (960 Points) vs. Super-Skrull: Kl'rt, Super-Skrull: Rl'nnd, Skrull Warriors x3 (950 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: He's pretty much purely an anti-melee unit; he'll blast around, and don't you dare get close. He's definitely draftable with other Creatures and possible in general as a counterdraft, but goes down easily enough to range that he's not really problematic. My map had no trees, so Jungle Leap wasn't exactly relevant... I'd put him forward at 140-150, knowing he'll have added mobility on a lot of other maps.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: He's pretty fun. Electric Skin is always cool and blasting around in tight quarters was fun. A good addition to the Creature archetype.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library