Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 1st, 2020, 06:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Slingshot - Public Playtesting

Seems inefficient repeating all that text, could we just do something like this instead? I don't think anyone else is going to get the Snapback power are they?

SNAPBACK SUPERSPEED
When moving Slingshot normally, you may add 5 to her movement value. If you do, or when using Swift Bionic Punch, Slingshot may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop her movement when entering a water space. After her turn, if Slingshot used Snapback Superspeed, you must immediately place her on the space she occupied at the start of the turn.
Old December 1st, 2020, 06:59 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

On the name of the move : Slingshot Punch/Snapback Punch?
Old December 1st, 2020, 07:40 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I know it's a pain to bring up this late in the cycle, but honestly the whole Bionic Punch thing being an entirely separate system from everything else just seems a bit odd to begin with. If we're having problems, could we just make it something like "After taking a turn with Slingshot, if she used her Snapback Superspeed special power but did not attack or use her Slingshot Extraction special power..."

Looks like YK's wording works pretty well, but it does create a strange quirk where you're placing her once with Bionic Punch, then placing her on the exact same spot again with Snapback Superspeed. Don't know if that gets weird somehow.
Old December 1st, 2020, 10:21 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Bionic Punch is a lot better than her normal attack but also takes a lot more to set up, which is why it's separate, I think.

She is odd in that you basically have to choose a lane with her. Are you going to play risky with her and go for the auto wounds or are you going to kite a bit more and do the run in, snap back thing? I went different directions in each of my tests.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: SLINGSHOT
VERSION TESTED
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Diner
Units: Slingshot (155), Quake (165), Phil Coulson (190), Human Robot (190) (700) vs TMNT (700)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Diner
Units: Slingshot (155), Doctor Fate (II) (370), Star-Lord (250), Hawkgirl (I) (225) (1,000) vs (JLA Trinity) Superman (III) (440), Batman (III) (250), Wonder Woman (III) (310) (1,000)
Spoiler Alert!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 6th, 2020, 10:01 PM

Zakizzryn rolls all skulls baby! Zakizzryn rolls all skulls baby! Zakizzryn rolls all skulls baby! Zakizzryn rolls all skulls baby!

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: SLINGSHOT

ARMY TEST I
Map: Country Road
Units:
Slingshot(155) Quake(165) Nick Fury(220) Abigail Brand(170) DumDum Dugan(90) Sharon Carter(90) SHIELD Agents(110) (1000)
Super Skrull(340) Skrull Warriors x4(440) Captain America-Hasbro(220 (1000)

Damage Done:
4 wounds dealt with normal attacks.
Snapback Superspeed:
Used Twice during movement to close in on friendly figures for extraction.
Slingshot Extraction:
Used twice.
Removed Quake from engagement with Captain America
Removed Abigail Brand from engagement with Skrull Warrior
Swift Bionic Punch:
Used twice dealing 2 wounds total. Once on a Skrull Warrior, another time on Captain America.

My main goal with this team up was to utilize her Swift Bionic Punch as much as possible. I thought using Nick Fury's Drop Ship would help with that. Once Slingshot and her team were dropped on the ground I tried to use her as much as possible, rescueing Agents that were caught in a bind and getting them to safety while attempting to utilize normal movements and Quake's Aftershock Protection to line up a punch. It had worked successfully twice during the match but in the end the Agent team was unsuccessful in stopping a Skrull Invasion.

Spoiler Alert!

Who Won? List Figures remaining in the winning army (Include life remaining for heroes):
Super Skrull 6/6 Health Remaining
Captain America 2/5 Health Remaining.

----------

ARMY TEST II
Map: Country Road
Units:
Slingshot(155) Quake(165) Phil Coulson(190) Karnak(190) Captain America(240) Bucky(60) (1000)
Baron Von Strucker(210) Viper(180) Madame HYDRA(140) Crossbones(160) Deadshot(150) HYDRA Agents x2(160) (1000)

With this match up I wanted to see how much damage Slingshot could do while being buffed by her allies while utilizing Height as much as possible and attempting to throw Karnak in the middle of a fight to benefit from Inhuman Tactician. It worked rather well dealing some heavy hits to Madame HYDRA and Viper but if left unguarded against a range character, she is sweet pickings. All in all the Hydra fight was a really close fight, I thought I was a goner but when Viper dropped I started to gain the upper hand by going first with initiative.

Damage Done:
Slingshot dealt 11 wounds with normal attacks throughout the fight.
Snapback Superspeed:
Was utilized 6 times throughout the match
Slingshot Extraction:
Used once to remove Karnak from Engagement with crossbones.
Swift Bionic Punch:
Was Never Used

Spoiler Alert!

Who Won? List Figures remaining in the winning army (Include life remaining for heroes):
Karnak 3/5 Health Remaining.

It was really enjoyable having her zoom and snap back around the battlefield picking off squad units. I feel she thrives a lot being teamed up with groups that grant her extra movement to possibly line up her Bionic Punch or additional attack die giving hard hits to any semi threats.
The Punch i find is indeed difficult to line up, Definitely need to throw her into the fire while attempting to line it up.
Old December 6th, 2020, 10:10 PM
Tickles Pickles

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
SNAPBACK SUPERSPEED
When moving Slingshot normally, you may add 5 to her movement value. If you do, or when using her Swift Bionic Punch special power, Slingshot may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop her movement when entering a water space. After her turn, if Slingshot used Snapback Superspeed, you must immediately place her on the space she occupied at the start of the turn.

SLINGSHOT EXTRACTION
If Slingshot used Snapback Superspeed this turn, and ends her movement adjacent to a engaged small or medium figure you control, you may place that figure on an empty space adjacent to Slingshot when placed back on her original space. Figures moved this way will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SWFIT BIONIC PUNCH
Instead of moving and attacking, choose an adjacent figure, then move Slingshot up to 6 spaces in a straight line from the chosen figure. After moving, count the minimum number of spaces between Slingshot and the chosen figure, then place Slingshot back on her original space. Roll the 20-sided die, adding 1 to the roll for each space counted. If you roll 11-18, the chosen figure receives one wound. If you roll 19 or higher, the chosen figure receives two wounds.
Kinda dropped the ball on the wording here. But I think this works to give Bionic Punch the Superspeed text you want it to have. @johnny139 or @Karat can tell me how to improve it maybe.

I'll dig into the testing results later but it seems like she did a lot of losing. Maybe 135 points to make her a nice 300 point block with Quake?

C3G Books of Index | C3G Sortable Index

Welcome to C3G | How to Lead a C3G Design | C3G Playtesting Sign Up | C3G Discord Server

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
At least you're pretty, though.
Old December 7th, 2020, 10:04 PM
His sweat is highly explosive

Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun

Would it make more sense to split it out the addition to her movement and the snap back part are seperate from the superspeed?
Old December 8th, 2020, 12:15 AM
Tickles Pickles

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Slingshot - Breathing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakizzryn View Post
SNAPBACK SUPERSPEED
When moving Slingshot normally, she may add 5 to her Move number. If you do, or if she uses her Swift Bionic Punch special power, Slingshot may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop her movement when entering a water space. After her turn, if Slingshot used Snapback Superspeed, you must immediately place her on the space she occupied at the start of the turn, if possible. Otherwise, Slingshot receives one wound.

SLINGSHOT EXTRACTION
If Slingshot used Snapback Superspeed this turn, and ends her movement adjacent to a engaged small or medium figure you control, you may place that figure on an empty space adjacent to Slingshot when placed back on her original space. Figures moved this way will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SWIFT BIONIC PUNCH
Instead of moving normally and attacking, choose an adjacent figure, then move Slingshot up to 6 spaces in a straight line from the chosen figure. Count the minimum number of spaces between Slingshot and the chosen figure, then place Slingshot back on her original space. Roll the 20-sided die, adding 1 to the roll for each space counted. If you roll 11-18, the chosen figure receives one wound. If you roll 19 or higher, the chosen figure receives two wounds.
This reads well to me and should work.

While looking at this wording I noticed it's not clear what happens if she can't occupy her original space. Say she attacks someone who moves after defending and they are on her original space now, so I added a drawback for her. She always snaps back so she just runs right into them and they are prepared to take advantage of the drawback of her power. It could be an unblockable, but this is already tight on the card and I doubt it will come up often enough to really matter.

@johnny139 @Ronin @Sporx any thoughts here?

Welcome to C3G | How to Lead a C3G Design | C3G Playtesting Sign Up | C3G Discord Server

Quote:
Old December 8th, 2020, 12:19 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Sorry, missed that first tag. In general it's a little funky but mechanically that should work.

Based on how her power works, getting a wound if she can't move back feel a bit light - like it shouldn't be physically possible for her to move that speed and not return back. If we had to, I'd just destroy her. Or maybe "on or as close as possible to the space she occupied" - or is that too vague?
Old December 8th, 2020, 12:23 AM
Tickles Pickles

I just kinda envisioned it at her running into a wall or person and falling back on the ground. Like I said it's not the perfect fix but it covers that corner case where she can't go back.

Quote:
Old December 8th, 2020, 12:37 AM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I'm pretty sure there was a time in Agents of SHIELD where she got grabbed and couldn't physically return, and it just hurt her. A wound seems right on for that though the idea of placing her back as close as possible works too - I'm not sure how the power works. Wording looks solid to me.
Old December 8th, 2020, 12:42 AM
Tickles Pickles

Well placing her back as closely as possible is probably quite a few more words and we don't really have room here.

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library