Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Strategy Articles
AotP Strategy Articles AotP Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Units, Spell Cards, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old September 7th, 2015, 12:09 PM

luckyboym is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
advantage for high ground

So I played my first game last night, Gideon(me) vs Lilliana(J) and got wrecked. Lilliana moved to the sand hexes in the middle of the scenario 1 setup and rained death on the board. She summoned troops to wall her in and protect her so poor Range 1 Gideon never even got a hit on her.

I'm just wondering is the 2 player game just about getting high ground? Did I just have a bad match up? What strategies would you use to counter the high ground advantage?
Old September 7th, 2015, 03:25 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: advantage for high ground

Height Advantage (high ground) is fairly important, especially since there are not that many hexes to add elevation to the AoPW boards.

Liliana is pretty good at attacking but she is only going to get one shot per round. At least Gideon's spells are mostly defense boosting, so hopefully his troops close the gap and survive a few shots.

But yes - Ranged Attack + Height Advantage is pretty awesome ; )
Old October 11th, 2015, 08:11 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: advantage for high ground

I have found, playing this game on a heroscape board, BOV maps are way more fun than the flat, barely deviated board that comes with the figures.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Strategy Articles