Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Old October 6th, 2012, 01:34 AM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What is your favorite fantasy book?

Many books have been mentioned that I greatly enjoy. Redwall, Belgariad, Sword of Truth, the list goes on...

But at the top of the list is and always will be...

The Lord of the Rings and the Chronicles of Narnia. These were among the very first fantasy series I ever got really into (with Narnia starting around seven) and will always remain at the top of my list.
Old October 6th, 2012, 12:32 PM

Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby!

three favorites
Rangers apprentice,
the Inheritance cycle,
and the Heroes of Olympus.

My Youtube Channel

Eraguy816 is

in the Epic Fairyland Cave
Old October 6th, 2012, 12:33 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraguy816 View Post
three favorites
Rangers apprentice,
Well that's one.....

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old November 19th, 2012, 09:48 PM

Utger man is surprisingly tart

Redwall is contesting with Adventurer's Wanted by M.L. Forman and Michel Scott's Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel for my favorite. I also enjoy Children of the Lamp by P.B. Kerr (What with all the initials?) along with Gregor chronicles and Artemis Fowl (which is almost Sci-fi but yet somehow not)
and the Stone Heart trilogy was really good.
I'm also big into a couple other series but they're more Sci-fi than fantasy.

I did NOT spell "Utgar" incorrectly. Check the link below.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...4&postcount=85
Old November 19th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd say the Dragons of Winter Twilight. I've loved that whole series since the first book came out. I still buy them when the money is there

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old March 12th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

The Lord of the Rings, obviously. I also love, love, LOVE the Song of Ice and Fire series, though I daresay that's a result of Stockholm Syndrome brought on by how GRRM manages to get you attached to characters and then kills them in shocking, gruesome manner. Brienne of Tarth, next to Tyrion Lannister, are my two favorites, which means they'll probably be getting killed sooner or later...

~Bravey

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old October 7th, 2013, 12:42 AM

Bonesaw knows what's in an order marker Bonesaw knows what's in an order marker

The original Robert E. Howard Conan stories will always reside at the very top of my list of favorites.

Old October 7th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
My favorite book of his is Swordwoman which contains the only three stories about a character known as Dark Agnes. It also has a tale about my favorite character of his Black Turlough. Conan, Solomon Kane, Bran Mac Morn, Kull, Cormac Mac Art, the real Red Sonja and the list goes on and on. He also wrote amazing westerns, boxing tales (Steve Costigan And Dennis Durgan are hilarious), oriental and middle eastern adventures. He even wrote Cthullu stories (which I prefer to H.P. Lovecraft). If you want to know more about the man check out the movie The Whole Wide World.
He has another character that can 'see' his previous lives. He re-cants his tales of high adventure and you never know if that incarnation will live or not. Greatest yarn spinner ever.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 22nd, 2013, 10:02 AM

Mars1912 knows what's in an order marker Mars1912 knows what's in an order marker

I absolutely love R.A.Salvatore's Drizz't novels. I have read all 20 or however many their are.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books