Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old February 18th, 2018, 10:04 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
DFW Draft Tournament 2018

Hey everyone.

For this year's spring event, we are going to hold a draft tournament.

DETAILS

When: March 24th; Noon start time
Where: Plaid Hat Games - 15928 Midway Rd. Addison, TX 75001
Entry Fee: None
Prizes: Bring an item for the prize table if you like, not required.
It can be anything you think the group might like. Most people will be bringing stuff in the range of $10-$20. This can include games, comics, books, DVDs, etc.....even pineapples. Used items are certainly acceptable, but please not used pineapples.
Food: You will need to bring your own refreshments. There will be a pizza order placed as we kick things off. If you want to join in the pizza, bring some cash. There is very little within walking distance. This is right outside Addison airport at Keller Springs and Midway.

Format

Each Player needs to bring the following to the event:
  • Six Hero Figures and cards
  • Six squad figures and cards
  • A maximum of two common squads may be brought

Before each match, players will do the following:
1. Both players roll the 20-sided die. Re-roll any ties. The higher roller drafts first, by choosing one Army Card.
2. The other player then chooses two Army Cards.
3. Each player, in turn, then chooses one Army Card, until both players’ Armies have been completely chosen and placed.
4.When you select an Army Card, take the figure or figures shown on the card and place them in a starting zone immediately, before the next player selects an Army Card. You must place your entire Army in the same starting zone. You cannot place any figures in an enemy-occupied starting zone. If there are more Army figures than spaces in the starting zone, you can’t use the extra figures.
Draft Limit: 400 points

Additional Details:

1. Each map will include terrain specific commons that stay with the map through out the day and will be in the draft pool for each match. (I.E. If Highways & Dieways is used, it would include TWO Dumutef Guards since 2 Road sets are used on that map.)
2. Marvel is not allowed.
3. CUC/SOV/C3V units are allowed (if deathreavers are brought, the CUC card must be brought)

MAPS

TBD

Attendees

1. Dignan
2. R˙chean
3. Astroking
4. Astroking +1
5. Tmac
6. Rym?

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Last edited by Dignan; February 23rd, 2018 at 10:04 AM.
Old February 18th, 2018, 03:29 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: DFW Draft Tournament 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Each Player needs to bring the following to the event:
  • Six Hero Figures and cards
  • Six squad figures and cards
  • A maximum of two common squads may be brought
This is really interesting. Just to make sure that I understood it correctly, each player brings a total of twelve Army cards to the event, with the caveat that any Common Squads can only be selected up to twice.

Say that I bring two Unique Squads and two of a single Common Squad. Can I use my two remaining squad slots to bring another Common Squad, or do I have to use Unique Squads at that point, since I have brought two Common Squads already? Could I bring three different sets of two Common Squads to fill in my six slots?

Also, are there any limitations on Common Heroes?

And for the drafting process, is each player limited specifically to the 12 Army Cards that they brought (plus any terrain specific commons), or do they draft from a combined pool of both theirs and their opponent's cards?

Quote:
Additional Details:
1. Each map will include terrain specific commons that stay with the map through out the day and will be in the draft pool for each match. (I.E. If Highways & Dieways is used, it would include TWO Dumutef Guards since 2 Road sets are used on that map.)
This is just determined by the expansion sets used in a map, right? So if a map used one Volcarren Wasteland and one Thaelenk Tundra, only one of each Common Squad will be available to draft.

If a map doesn't use any expansion sets, will it still have some unique commons (such as Marro Drudges for SotM maps), or will every map just use at least one expansion set?

Quote:
2. Marvel is not allowed.
3. CUC/SOV/C3G units are allowed (if deathreavers are brought, the CUC card must be brought)
My life is complete!

In all honesty, I'm really happy that we'll have a larger pool to choose from. Do all C3V/SoV units need to be rebased on official HeroScape bases (for the purposes of ladders and whatnot), or is it fine if only the double-based figures are rebased?

Also, I assume that by C3G, you meant C3V, since Marvel isn't allowed?

Anyway, I'm definitely in for the tournament. I'll let the others know the details and make sure that they can come. I'm anticipating at least six more people to accompany me, including @Leo Ultra and @Angi .

EDIT: I already got confirmation from one guest that they'll be able to make it, so we're up to two so far.

Last edited by Astroking112; February 18th, 2018 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Got confirmation from a friend that they'll be coming.
Old February 18th, 2018, 04:35 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Say that I bring two Unique Squads and two of a single Common Squad. Can I use my two remaining squad slots to bring another Common Squad, or do I have to use Unique Squads at that point, since I have brought two Common Squads already?
Yes, you can use the last two slots to bring two of another common squad, two different common squads, two unique squads, a common squad and one unique, etc.

Quote:
Could I bring three different sets of two Common Squads to fill in my six slots?
Yep

Quote:
Also, are there any limitations on Common Heroes?
No, same for uncommon heroes

Quote:
And for the drafting process, is each player limited specifically to the 12 Army Cards that they brought (plus any terrain specific commons), or do they draft from a combined pool of both theirs and their opponent's cards?
You draft from the combined draft pool of 24 cards brought by you and your opponent plus any cards for the map.

Quote:
This is just determined by the expansion sets used in a map, right? So if a map used one Volcarren Wasteland and one Thaelenk Tundra, only one of each Common Squad will be available to draft.
Correct

Quote:
If a map doesn't use any expansion sets, will it still have some unique commons (such as Marro Drudges for SotM maps), or will every map just use at least one expansion set?
If a map has no terrain that has a specific unit associated with it, it won't have any map specific units (extremely rare). A unit will be available per the number of expansions included in the build.

Quote:
In all honesty, I'm really happy that we'll have a larger pool to choose from. Do all C3V/SoV units need to be rebased on official HeroScape bases (for the purposes of ladders and whatnot), or is it fine if only the double-based figures are rebased?
You can leave C3V/SoV units on their original bases if you want.

Quote:
Also, I assume that by C3G, you meant C3V, since Marvel isn't allowed?
Correct, thanks for the catch. Changed in the OP.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old February 18th, 2018, 04:58 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for clearing up all of my questions, @Dignan . It'll be interesting to experiment with different drafting pools and figuring out what works best for us.

The use of CUC/C3V/SoV units will do wonders in maximizing the use of my collection (and some of the other people are planning on bringing some of their own units), but will people be able to borrow extra units if need be? I have some holes in my units that other people might want filled.

Also, for some of the rarer C3V/SoV sculpts, are we allowed to use proxies if they get approved beforehand? Stuff like the Ebon Armor is nigh impossible to find today, but I've been using these figures as stand-ins. Would something along these lines be acceptable?

The last question that comes to mind right now is if there are any restrictions on combining CUC and C3V/SoV units. Are we allowed to take the revised Sudema that can keep using her Stare of Stone until it misses with the Crypt Guardians, for example?

Last edited by Astroking112; February 18th, 2018 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Fixed the link.
Old February 19th, 2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
... but will people be able to borrow extra units if need be?
I'm sure that R˙chean and myself will be able to lend out figures from out collections.

Quote:
Also, for some of the rarer C3V/SoV sculpts, are we allowed to use proxies if they get approved beforehand?
Sorry, no proxies please. It will help reduce any confusion at the event.

Quote:
The last question that comes to mind right now is if there are any restrictions on combining CUC and C3V/SoV units. Are we allowed to take the revised Sudema that can keep using her Stare of Stone until it misses with the Crypt Guardians, for example?
There is no restriction on combining CUC and C3V/SoV.

Old February 19th, 2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
... but will people be able to borrow extra units if need be?
I'm sure that R˙chean and myself will be able to lend out figures from out collections.
Alright, I'm sure that this would have been a question later. Thanks for the offer; I'll see how far I can stretch what we own first, of course.

Quote:
Quote:
Also, for some of the rarer C3V/SoV sculpts, are we allowed to use proxies if they get approved beforehand?
Sorry, no proxies please. It will help reduce any confusion at the event.
I figured that this would be the case, but thanks for the confirmation. I'll let my group know that anything from the Ram Army Box for C3V is likely a no-go.

Quote:
Quote:
There is no restriction on combining CUC and C3V/SoV.
This will be interesting to see. I'll have to take a look through the CUC again and see if there are any combinations that might convince me to change my armies.
Old February 20th, 2018, 01:14 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Count me in. I may have something come up, I'm the president of the honor society at my college so I get dragged into events a lot. Hopefully I can make this one since I missed out on NHSD last year.

Heroscape is back! WOOOOO!
Old February 21st, 2018, 11:18 PM

Leo Ultra is surprisingly tart

Count me in for this one! It'll be interesting to try out this drafting pool format.

I wish you high rolls, fair winds, and following seas.
I am a proud member of Platyfly!, a sketch comedy YouTube channel dedicated to giving Platypi the Flying Special Power!
Old February 22nd, 2018, 06:03 PM

In addition to Leo, @Angi confirmed that she'll be able to make it to the tournament.
Old February 22nd, 2018, 07:31 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm a maybe. Have a track meet that morning/afternoon.

By the way, there is not an official time on the original post. I'm assuming noonish?

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old February 23rd, 2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
I'm a maybe. Have a track meet that morning/afternoon.

By the way, there is not an official time on the original post. I'm assuming noonish?
Cool, hopefully you can make it.

Thanks for the catch on the time. You are correct, we will start around noon.

Old March 2nd, 2018, 06:12 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

BIG FAT BUMP!!!

Where are all the D/FW peeps?!?!?!?!

3 weeks to go on this event.

@Piherculis , @dragon , @Rexmax2 , @nathan athonius , @Valcor , @CheddarLimbo , @LightBringer , @Puffy , @Velenne , @Boodog , @Crazybarks123 , @BroInLaw , @lipman , @StacySensei , @wisinger , @capsocrates , @Scott , @jaramillohector , @Revdyer , @Fencerjared , @Sweetcurse , @Panopticon , @wolfman1968 , @GladDragon , @podwest , @labrhat , @truth , @Camb0t , @wbdhoc , @Eiyuu , @Rodriquez , @markwars , @Annerios , @DFlynSqrl , @ninthdoc , @InfinityMax , @Grungebob , @UranusPChicago , @geddy lifeson , @DrinkMoreGuinness , @hextr1p , @D-Dyzzle , @Double Oak , @Finrod , @saintBYgrace , @Jonathan , @LongHeroscaper , @aahzmandius , @kurisenshi , @Dr. Weirdscaper , @Dicemaster , @jwsanders , @Lord Trask , @Dissolutio , @killergoat72 , @vertigosmooth , @Ratnic , @Armageddon , @sonlenmaster , @Pear-Headed Man , @Plordigian , @donkeroo ,

You can't blame a guy for trying, right?

I know some of you have moved or never lived here in the first place, but you had attended in the past, shown interest, or live here now. Don't worry if you no longer have a heroscape collection as mine is open to any who need to borrow anything. I am sure others can help too.

Please join us!

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; March 2nd, 2018 at 07:30 PM. Reason: yep gonna keep recycling that one

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events