Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News
AotP News Sightings, official news, etc.

Old June 28th, 2016, 06:25 PM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Shadows Over Innistrad Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
That is very good news. I cannot find the source of all this released info though, which is odd. August 1st is very close. Anyone find preorders anywhere? Amazon was really good with the previous releases. I'd love to get the new stuff a couple of days before Gencon
It is available for pre-order at Miniature Marketplace at about $27 if I remember correctly.
Old June 28th, 2016, 06:50 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targanth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
That is very good news. I cannot find the source of all this released info though, which is odd. August 1st is very close. Anyone find preorders anywhere? Amazon was really good with the previous releases. I'd love to get the new stuff a couple of days before Gencon
It is available for pre-order at Miniature Marketplace at about $27 if I remember correctly.
Thanks! I might wait a couple of days/weeks to see if amazon sells it again. But it's nice to actually see it for sale for preorder somewhere. I just want to make sure I would get it before Gencon
Old June 28th, 2016, 07:35 PM

Owen1234 Woo who?

If it's for sale somewhere I hope it's Amazon. I've been a long time scaper, and I plan to buy all of the sets for AOTP since it seems they come out slowly enough for me to keep up. When I see these new products I feel like I'm back in the days of when I played heroscape with my friends. Something about the game just makes me feel happy. I've moved on to playing MTG and I still check these forums frequently.
Old June 29th, 2016, 08:47 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So a minor observation. The box says "Assembly Required" at the bottom. The first large set did not have this but the expansion did. So it seems reasonable that this was not referring to putting together the terrain but rather the figure.

Second observation is the cross and "twisted" looking terrain on the cover. Makes me want to speculate that the box includes terrain you assemble. This sparks hope that we will get some sort of cool new LOS blockers. Probably just optimistic thinking, but it is fun to speculate.

As someone else said, it feels like the old days of waiting to see what is in a new release for Heroscape, and for that I am thankful regardless of what we get.
Old June 29th, 2016, 10:00 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Completely.

I do want to see what comes next.
The Werewolf sounds like my new Planeswalker. I have been playing the Undead builds, just tried the Demon. He is tough but so expensive that you are light on squad figures and he has to destroy them to use his best spells.
He is all out kamikaze though. Very fun to play and a beast on high ground.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 29th, 2016, 11:22 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Even though this game does not hit my table enough to be justified. I will most definitely buy this next expansion in hopes that it will make more options when building an army to make the game more fun to play. Where this game falls short in my opinion is that besides the colorless, you have to have like color figures play together. That would be like playing heroscape saying you can only play utgar figures with utgar figures. The cards and the heroscape style gameplay is all good with me though.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 29th, 2016, 11:58 AM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Even though this game does not hit my table enough to be justified. I will most definitely buy this next expansion in hopes that it will make more options when building an army to make the game more fun to play. Where this game falls short in my opinion is that besides the colorless, you have to have like color figures play together. That would be like playing heroscape saying you can only play utgar figures with utgar figures. The cards and the heroscape style gameplay is all good with me though.
Well, maybe that's an option for customs. I haven't seen an Utgar or Jandar unit yet.......

On topic, I think with this new expansion doubling available armies, it should see more play. MTG is much easier for me to sell than the tub of Heroscape sometimes.
Old June 29th, 2016, 12:01 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Not sure what the cost of making a planes walker multi-colored (30 points maybe?). But that is a good way to keep the game fresh.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old June 29th, 2016, 02:41 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targanth View Post
I just pre-oredered it along with the Zendikar expansion at Miniature Market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 29th, 2016, 07:28 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Anyone else wishing we had a new Blurry Shelf™ picture?

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Last edited by Jim; June 29th, 2016 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Bonus awesome points if you already know the reference...
Old June 29th, 2016, 08:01 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Anyone else wishing we had a new Blurry Shelf picture?
Not just willing, anxious to find out more!
Old June 30th, 2016, 11:26 AM

jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby!

Here you go

https://www.inverse.com/article/1773...-planeswalkers

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News