Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 1st, 2021, 09:55 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Yondu - Initial Playtesting

Yeah, the power right now is lacking in some basic safety wording that makes it super nutty. Fortunately wasn't tested with any abuses of that.

But even with that stuff added in, the core 'activations equal to wounds inflicted' bit is way too big a jump in power compared to the other 'wound things to activate someone' guys IMO.

Especially poor Corsair, who's in the same faction as this dude.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old August 1st, 2021, 09:58 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
I know I did not suggest this in my initial, but this may be a better route for Pirate Code. As is, he can just decimate an army and take continuous turns. This would dull that down a bit.

Quote:
PIRATE CODE
At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Hero you control without the Super Strength special power. For the remainder of the game, that figure has the class of Pirate instead of what is listed on its card, and if Yondu attacks and fails to inflict a wound during his turn, you must move an Order Marker from this card to the chosen figure's Army card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Yondu, If he inflicted one or more wounds this turn, you may take an immediate turn with a Unique Pirate Hero or Common Pirate squad you control and you may not take any additional turns with figures you control.

Yeah I think that drops it down way too much. It's definitely a d20 power, that should be able to continue on, it's the point of the whole design. We had initially had it only being able to target a figure one time, but being able to target a figure more than once is also thematic. It's definitely one of the most powerful weapons in the current MCU.

Old August 1st, 2021, 10:07 PM

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Maybe a better video, I can see a case being made for limiting to not attacking the same target and limiting the bonding power somehow.

Old August 2nd, 2021, 10:51 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I agree the bonding power is probably too strong. You definitely need an OM requirement for it, and you probably want to limit it to one turn no matter how many wounds are inflicted. He's not that impressive of a leader honestly and making him better than Corsair seems like a bummer. Since it's already recruiting for you and letting you take a turn with Squads it's different enough, but we don't want to make it way better.

Wording for Yakka Arrow Frenzy should limit it to once per figure (still great against squads, which is the goal) and needs wording to allow it to chain from destroyed figures.

I think I would do this (wording for Pirate Code from Dr. J's post):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post

PIRATE CODE
At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Hero you control without the Super Strength special power. For the remainder of the game, that figure has the class of Pirate instead of what is listed on its card, and if Yondu attacks and fails to inflict a wound during his turn, you must move an Order Marker from this card to the chosen figure's Army card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Yondu, If he inflicted one or more wounds this turn, you may take an immediate turn with a Unique Pirate Hero or Common Pirate squad you control and you may not take any additional turns with figures you control.

YAKA ARROW FRENZY
Once per round, instead of attacking with Yondu, you may choose a figure within 4 spaces and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or higher, inflict a wound on the chosen figure then choose a figure within 4 spaces of the space occupied by that figure that has not been chosen yet and roll again.
You actually don't need the last line of that power as you have it in the SP anyways because the 10+ option lets you choose another figure, so either you roll 10+ and get to continue rolling (assuming enough figures) or you get a 9 or lower and the power stops doing anything.
Old August 2nd, 2021, 11:23 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I was going to pop in here as well and give some comments/concerns, but looks like Tickle nailed it! (I haven't played the pirates/Corsair, so as long as he's still not completely obsolete)

Keep in mind while logically the arrow is like the most powerful thing ever, it's never used that way. He kills a bunch of useless mooks with it and that's it. Same way Flash/Quicksilver with a knife would be nigh unstoppable. But it doesn't make for an interesting story/game. With the rework he still can wipe out an army of mooks, which is thematic, but now he can't just keep hitting the same two big heroes until they're dead. It's definitely not useless, as it still triggers his bonding and can deal an autowound. He's still really good, but not completely overshadowing every other figure with leadership and autowound powers.
Old August 2nd, 2021, 12:53 PM

I'm good with these changes, will update the SP soon once I'm at a computer.

What is the next move here @tcglkn ? A second initial? Or a vote to move forward to playtesting? Also content to wait a little longer for more feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I agree the bonding power is probably too strong. You definitely need an OM requirement for it, and you probably want to limit it to one turn no matter how many wounds are inflicted. He's not that impressive of a leader honestly and making him better than Corsair seems like a bummer. Since it's already recruiting for you and letting you take a turn with Squads it's different enough, but we don't want to make it way better.

Wording for Yakka Arrow Frenzy should limit it to once per figure (still great against squads, which is the goal) and needs wording to allow it to chain from destroyed figures.

I think I would do this (wording for Pirate Code from Dr. J's post):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post

PIRATE CODE

YAKA ARROW FRENZY
Once per round, instead of attacking with Yondu, you may choose a figure within 4 spaces and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or higher, inflict a wound on the chosen figure then choose a figure within 4 spaces of the space occupied by that figure that has not been chosen yet and roll again.
You actually don't need the last line of that power as you have it in the SP anyways because the 10+ option lets you choose another figure, so either you roll 10+ and get to continue rolling (assuming enough figures) or you get a 9 or lower and the power stops doing anything.
Old August 2nd, 2021, 01:09 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Looks like he only did the bouncing the Arrow between two heroes a couple of times and the bonding never went too crazy (we were worried more about the chains that could happen if you took a turn with him via Ms. Marvel or the likes), so I’d probably send him to public testing and just shoot for 3 tests to make sure the points are accurate. Initial testing is more for making sure the design plays well and public testing is for honing in the cost. Seems like that’s working here
Old August 2nd, 2021, 01:16 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Personally I'd be fine with doing a vote for public pt since it's not like we did a total rebuild of the design here, just tweaked down the power level. It wasn't tested with anything super nutty in the initial, so they're still a valid enough point to build from IMO.

But I'm the chill 'just do you brah' hero, so like, don't take that as gospel.

My Etsy Store
Old August 2nd, 2021, 01:17 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Pre-yea
Old August 2nd, 2021, 02:23 PM

I propose that we move to public playtesting
Old August 2nd, 2021, 02:27 PM
Tickle Pickle

Re: The Book of Yondu - Vote for Playtesting

Yea
Old August 2nd, 2021, 02:30 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Re: The Book of Yondu - Vote for Playtesting

ja.

My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library