Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old December 29th, 2018, 12:39 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Death Knights of Valkrill armies with C3V/SoV

With the release of so many Relentless Heroes for VC, there are a lot of options for Death Knights of Valkrill. What are some good competitive armies, at 450, 500, 550, and 600?
Other good units:
  • Gothlok = 130 - Helps DK and and other Valkrill figures
  • Emperor Andask = 130 - Helps Azazel Resurrect and is cheaper Taelord that really helps Death Knights and their weak attack.
  • Vulcanmech Incendiborgs = 180 - Good range B&B to add in, also Khosumet can add to their attack and be kept close with bonding.
  • Other Valkrill figures
@killercactus 's Unit Strategy Review - How to Use Death Knights of Valkrill says that they are Bishop class units and therefore need some first wave attackers (such as range or high movement) to help make armies better, but that was written without VC units so some of the newer bonding heroes may make Death Knights closer to Bread and Butter units. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, see What's in an Order Marker?

Last edited by lefton4ya; January 17th, 2019 at 11:03 AM.
Old December 29th, 2018, 12:39 AM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Death Knights of Valkrill armies with C3V/SoV

Reserved for Army Lists
Old December 31st, 2018, 02:25 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I think Skull Demon's are the way to go with them, they bumped them from a Tier-4 to a Tier-5 in my personal ranking list. Kon-Tar-Na is a good hero but pretty expensive, I'd definitely prefer Nagrubs but he's an option. I wouldn't run Darkprowl Thrall with them (nor Khosumet, VW, or Taelord) as they're just not good. Azezel and Boreos are new I haven't really looked at them....Azezel is pretty good and wants the rest of your army to have survivability so Death Knights are decent with their 5 defense, I don't think Boreos does much for them.

Some 500pt. armies:

Skull Demon x3 - 195
Death Knights x3 - 180
Dumutef x1 - 25
Krav - 100

Azezel - 140
Death Knights x2 - 120
Rats x3 - 120
Phatom Knights x1 - 70
Air Elemental x1 - 30
(or for the last 100 - MW+Dumutefx2, or Ratsx1+Airx2)

Kon-Tar-Na - 150
Death Knights x2 - 120
Skull Demon x1 - 65
Nagrubs x2 - 60
Syvarris - 100

The common squad killer:
Skull Demon x3 - 195
Death Knights x2 - 120
Q9 - 180
Old December 31st, 2018, 10:51 AM

I do like the idea of the combo of Azazel the Kyrie Warrior and Emperor Andask with them - Azazel bonds and can come back to life, while Andask not only helps Azazel come back but is a cheaper Taelord (albeit does not bond). However I do think Andask is better than Gothlok with Death Knights, as @killercactus 's Unit Strategy Review points out reducing defense is not as good as boosting attack in most all situations for DKs.

Another idea is with Khosumet the Darklord & Vulcanmech Incendiborgs. Normally Skull Demons are better than Khosumet, but Khosumet can add attack to ranged relentless figures!

For a 550 army, here are a couple options:

DK * 3 = 180
Azazel +140 = 320
Emperor Andask +130 = 450
Skull Demon +65 = 515
Air Elemental/Darkprowl Thrall +30 = 545

DK*3 = 180
Vulcanmech Incendiborgs +180 = 360
Khosumet the Darklord +75 = 435
Dumutef Guard x 2 +50 = 485
Skull Demon +65 = 550

DK*4 = 240
Skull Demon x 2 +130 = 370
Air Elemental/Darkprowl Thrall +30 = 400
Azazel the Kyrie Warrior/Kon-Tar-Na +140/150 = 540/550

DK*4 = 240
Skull Demon x 2 +130 = 370
Nakita Agents +120 = 490
Dumatef Guard/Air Elemental/Darkprowl Thrall x2 +50-60 = 540-550

DK*5 = 300
Skull Demon x3 + 195 = 495
Dumutef Guard +25 = 520
Air Elemental/Darkprowl Thrall +30 = 550

Last edited by lefton4ya; December 31st, 2018 at 11:24 AM.
Old December 31st, 2018, 11:16 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I didn't realize Khosumet worked with the Incendiborgs. Damn, I shouldn't have moved him down in my rankings then haha.

That's a cool idea.

VI - 180
Khosumet - 75
DKs x2 - 120
Skull Demon x1 - 65
MW - 50

That's a nice little army
Old January 1st, 2019, 02:17 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I find Boreos (and to a lesser extent the Air Elementals) to be interesting bonding options (at least in theory) to help the Death Knights with board control. Boreos' vortex pull can be used to bring an extra Death Knight with him, or to sling shot a Death Knight onto a helpful glyph (especially those that boost the Death Knight's attack). He can also screen a bit against melee armies.

One army idea would be

4x Death Knights 240
Boreos 115
Skull Demon 65

for 420 points as a solid base to which you can add another skull demon or squad of Death Knights or whatever else fits.
Old January 2nd, 2019, 12:24 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm inclined to think "Death Knights of Valkrill" and "competitive" don't really belong in the same sentence.

But there are a lot of fun combos here certainly.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 2nd, 2019, 01:06 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I'm inclined to think "Death Knights of Valkrill" and "competitive" don't really belong in the same sentence.
Yeah I sort of agree with this, but I will say the Skull Demons make them better for sure.

They need a 10pt. Relentless common figure to bond with imo. VC ideas
Old January 14th, 2019, 12:33 PM

At Louisville tournament this weekend (510 points, only 5 players), @NecroBlade played Death Knights x 4, Skull Demon x 2, and Azazel (510 pionts, 11 figures). The army went 3-2 but 4 of the 5 games (one game was unofficial against Death Knights) were down to one life, and one he lost by (I think) about 1/3 army of opponent left, so all and all we both though the army was fairly balanced, as most of the armies played were in the "Tier 3" or B+/A- range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
...Azazel resurrected once my game, and 1-3 times each other game he played. He is a lot better than I initially though as I did not realize Azazel can roll for rejected by Death both for Death Knights AND whoever they bond with - 2 times an order marker (~20% chance to return). 4 of his five games came down to one life and he lost the other by a decent amount, so I guess Azazel just bumps up Death Knights (with Skull Demons) to decent tourney playable level...

Last edited by lefton4ya; January 15th, 2019 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Sorry forgot you only played 4 official games.
Old January 14th, 2019, 07:33 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

It was 2-2 (the other game was for fun, and I was using the Monks against Death Knights, though the Knights did win, with the last Knight on Wannok!).

The first two games I won with 1 Life, Azazel coming back once the first, twice the second. I lost once without Azazel coming back to a 4-Life Cyprien (5 counting Drain at the end). My other loss was much bigger, despite Azazel coming back three times. In part I forgot the Whetstone the Skull Demon had picked up (which possibly would've killed Varan, but probably not have won the game on its own); in part because I just. couldn't. kill. the one stupid Pathfinder! (And, to be fair, I decided not to run Azazel in, get him killed, Reject, and repeat against the turtled range).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 26th, 2019, 04:04 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Here's the first ever all Valkril army I used here at home (for details see my signature line):

Valkrill's Vengeance

Brimstone 150
Azazel the Kyrie Warrior 140
Emperor Andask 130
Death Knights of Valkrill x3 180
Total: 600

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs