Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 13th, 2018, 03:24 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Leaf_It's customs. [UPDATED: OCT. 1, 2018]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I like DS suggestion, ditch the one level higher concept. Making it too complicated.
Thanks to superfrog's suggestion, the 1 level higher or lower is not longer applicable.
Quote:
DRAG:
If a Hound of Perdition starts its turn engaged to a Small Medium, or Large figure, you may choose to Drag that figure. When a Hound of Perdition uses Drag, it subtracts 2 from it's move. After moving, place the chosen figure on an empty adjacent space that that Hound of Perdition moved through this turn. The chosen figure cannot make any leaving engagement attacks, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Old October 13th, 2018, 10:30 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Are these guys you plan to submit to SOV? If so, are you painting them?

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old October 13th, 2018, 03:36 PM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Are these guys you plan to submit to SOV? If so, are you painting them?
I was not planning on painting them. I was under the impression that unpainted figures were only allowed if they didn't need to be painted. The Veil of Moribund ability is the reason I felt that this would be acceptable. They are invisible unless you are dying etc. They were recently changed so that engagement gives them a hit zone, because they felt unfair against ranged squads, which were just never able to shoot them unless they were engaged with the Hound they were shooting. Now as long as something is engaged to them, they have a hit zone.
Old October 14th, 2018, 11:56 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Ooooh. I like these guys. To me they seem like they’d work for Vydar - the clear plastic says spectral hound, but not hellhound, if you get what I mean.
Old October 15th, 2018, 11:16 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
And that way you don't have to worry about "within 1 level" or some arbitrary restriction. They just need to have the move to get there.
Good point, I think I'll go with that.
Quote:
DRAG:
If a Hound of Perdition starts its turn engaged to a Small Medium, or Large figure, you may choose to Drag that figure. When a Hound of Perdition uses Drag, it subtracts 2 from it's move. After moving, place the chosen figure on an empty adjacent space that that Hound of Perdition moved through this turn. The chosen figure cannot make any leaving engagement attacks, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
I lowered the movement debuff to -2 since you can't place the figure on the other side of the hound now.
First of all, my suggestion, above, was intended to be as simple as possible, since it is going on a card that's already busy. I do not recommend you use a power with all these bells and whistles. It's exhausting.

Second of all, perhaps you did not read this when I wrote it above, or perhaps you do not care, but please do not persist in confusing "it's" and "its." "It's" is a contraction for "it is." Only and always. Show your readers you care about what you've written.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 15th, 2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
And that way you don't have to worry about "within 1 level" or some arbitrary restriction. They just need to have the move to get there.
Good point, I think I'll go with that.
Quote:
DRAG:
I lowered the movement debuff to -2 since you can't place the figure on the other side of the hound now.
First of all, my suggestion, above, was intended to be as simple as possible, since it is going on a card that's already busy. I do not recommend you use a power with all these bells and whistles. It's exhausting.

Second of all, perhaps you did not read this when I wrote it above, or perhaps you do not care, but please do not persist in confusing "it's" and "its." "It's" is a contraction for "it is." Only and always. Show your readers you care about what you've written.
First of all you're right, the card is very busy, and I should think about simplifying. However my vision for the Drag ability was to move a figure multiple spaces, and your doesn't do that. I like the version of Drag that I'm at right now, and I'm more inclined to remove Bound than to use your version. No offense, your version is good, but it feels like tactical switch to me, and I'm not seeing the theme of a dragging ability when I read it.

Second, if you look at the OP I have used all of the correct forms of its, and it's,(at least in the wording of card abilities) but when I was replying to superfrog, I didn't think about it. "It" can be used as a noun, so it is confusing that it can't be possessive.
Old October 15th, 2018, 04:23 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I haven't really seen your answer(maybe I missed it) are you planning on submitting these hounds to SOV. If so, I will be more vocal on my suggestions, otherwise, if it is just a fun custom... then carry on.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old October 15th, 2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
I haven't really seen your answer(maybe I missed it) are you planning on submitting these hounds to SOV. If so, I will be more vocal on my suggestions, otherwise, if it is just a fun custom... then carry on.
At some point, I would like to, but their current design is relatively new, so I wasn't expecting to submit it very soon.

All of the designs I post here are designs that I have an interest in potentially submitting, though I don't think I will submit all of them. The ones that I like the most, and that I think are ready, will be submitted, but some of them, either due to lost interest, or some other issue, will never reach a point where I feel that they are ready.
Old October 15th, 2018, 04:44 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Removing Bound to make room for a more complex Drag power is a perfectly reasonable design choice. I didn't feel like you needed to use mine, I just wanted to point out the importance of simplicity in this context, and you more than adequately persuaded me that you have it in mind.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 14th, 2018, 06:39 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Do you know the name of the miniature for the Vulcanmech Striker? I’d like to pick a couple up.
Old November 15th, 2018, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Do you know the name of the miniature for the Vulcanmech Striker? I’d like to pick a couple up.
It is a Mechwarrior figure, called Jackalope. There's about 8 color variants. I'm using variant #133, but #81 #82 and #84 also look sufficiantly Valkrill-ish.
Old November 19th, 2018, 05:27 PM

Each night when I get in bad to sleep I try to come up with something interesting for a custom. I type the ideas that I come up with into my phone for reference later. The vast majority are never used, but it's nice to have a backlog of design ideas when I see a neat looking figure. I've been toying with a few ideas for squads over the last couple months, and I wanted to get some feedback on two ideas I had. I haven't attempted to price them, because when I'm tired I try to just focus on creating something interesting, and worry about pricing once the idea is more solidified.

In many turn based strategy video games such as X-COM, ranged units will have an ability that allows them to choose not to attack during their turn, and in exchange they are allowed to attack if an enemy moves within range on the enemy's turn. I have wanted to figure out how to implement this into Heroscape for a while, and this is the result of that.
Quote:
Common squad
Move 4
Range 6
Attack 2
Defense 2

Anticipation:
If none of [] attacked this turn, you may roll an attack die. If you roll a skull, you may place an Anticipation counter on this card. You cannot have more than 3 Anticipation counters on this card.

Reactionary Fire:
If an opponents figure that was not in clear sight of [] at the beginning of its turn moves within 6 spaces of a [] that is not engaged, remove 1 Anticipation counter, and roll the d20. If you roll a 12 or higher, and that figure receives 1 wound.
I like the choice that the player would need to make between choosing your target and going for the attack, or hoping for an auto wound on the whim of a d20. The d20 roll is lower because you have to give up an attack on your turn with multiple figures, and your opponent gets to choose when to risk the auto wound, and who to risk it with.

------------

I like the idea of Frenzy, and taking multiple turns, but it's inconsistency makes it frustrating at times. I wanted to create a more consistent Frenzy that wouldn't be over powered, but one that wasn't always the obvious choice. I wanted the player to really think about whether they wanted to use it, and when.
Quote:
Common squad
Move: 4
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 1

Furious Assault:
After revealing an order marker on [], you may choose to subtract 1 from the attack value of this card. If you do, at the end of this turn, you may take 1 additional turn. During this additional turn, subtract 1 from the attack value of this card. You cannot use focused assault if the X order marker has been revealed on this card.

Defensive stance:
After taking a turn with [], if none of [] moved this turn, you may reveal the X order marker on this card. If the X order marker has been revealed on this card, add 1 automatic defense die to all defense rolls made by any [] that you control.
I'm sure the wording could be improved, but the idea is there. Choose between taking two turns with 2 attack, or 1 turn with 3 attack, and getting an Automatic Shield. The low defense makes the auto shield very enticing, but the mobility options and the increased number of attacks makes Furious Assault enticing as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards