Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 5th, 2010, 02:17 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Is CUC (Competitive Unit Congress) the Future???

The idea of the CUC becoming more active in the immediate future of 'scape is an attractive [stopgap] [alternative] [adjunct] to the various customs projects for new 'scape, and is certainly easier to implement in the short term.
Old November 5th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Is CUC (Competitive Unit Congress) the Future???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
The idea of the CUC becoming more active in the immediate future of 'scape is an attractive [stopgap] [alternative] [adjunct] to the various customs projects for new 'scape, and is certainly easier to implement in the short term.
Simply said-no.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old November 5th, 2010, 03:32 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I dunno, I understand what they're doing, but I really don't like editing old official figures. They've been tested, and there's definitely no power creep. If every single unit was competitive, power creep is almost inevitable.

I only houserule that cavalry always have 1 extra defense, but that's about it.
Old November 5th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

CUC isn't my cup of tea...wait, I don't even like tea...
CUC isn't my refresing glass of Diet Mountain Dew, but it certainly has a place here along side the developing C3V and SoV projects as well as the other group projects like Star Wars, Pokemon, Heroes of Fiction, Mythology, and all the individual custom threads.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old November 5th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There needs to be master list of all threads with acronyms in the title...but I guess that would be seemingly all of them.

Old November 5th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

NO.
Old November 5th, 2010, 06:48 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

Hopefully yes, too many crappy units exist in regards to competitive play
Old November 5th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I understand the purpose of the CUC, but I prefer to keep things the way they are. This is why I have been pushing the Draft, special rules and scenarios in competitive play. I believe these types of formats make more figures viable and shows the work of the designers more.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old November 5th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
I understand the purpose of the CUC, but I prefer to keep things the way they are. This is why I have been pushing the Draft, special rules and scenarios in competitive play. I believe these types of formats make more figures viable and shows the work of the designers more.
/sign

There aren't really that many changes to the official cards that I would want or agree with. Maybe make Tough work on all attacks and that's about it.
Old November 5th, 2010, 07:26 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

People keep talking about using Scenarios to make units playable but in many cases would take some crazy scenario to make some units good. For example, what scenarios would make Groks and Templars A+:

Scenario A: A map with tons of single spaced water hexes, a no flight restriction, and no range restriction that also doubles the base stats of all double based squads that cost 120 or more
Old November 5th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
People keep talking about using Scenarios to make units playable but in many cases would take some crazy scenario to make some units good. For example, what scenarios would make Groks and Templars A+:

Scenario A: A map with tons of single spaced water hexes, a no flight restriction, and no range restriction that also doubles the base stats of all double based squads that cost 120 or more
Would you bring a pool of A+ units to a draft? Heroscape is a game of high variance. The original tourney formats stripped the game to it's bare essentials and remove alot of the variance. (Nothing against Ry or the others, we all understood the need) So, in my opinion, there are no crappy units. Dund, Morsbane and others can win the game for you if you roll well. Heroscape was designed for fun and luck, no competitive play. The figures were designed for fun not competitive play.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old November 5th, 2010, 07:57 PM
has been BANNED

I am not talking about units like Morsbane, Sudema, and Dund, those units are fundamentally different than Templars and Groks. Morsbane, Sudema, and Dund have game breaking potential special abilities that can work even when tied down by opponent's figures. Morsbane for example has been in multiple winning tournament armies due ot his game breaking potential.

The groks and templars by contrast are high priced melee figures with low survivability that can easily be tied down and take up valuable start zone spaces.

The entire purpose of a figure's cost should be a reflection of how it does in most situations and the groks and templars are so bad you almost need to design unique scenarios specifically for them to encorage anyone to pick them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion