Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old August 30th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Dragonlance: Dragons of Autumn Twighlight

I don't know if anyone here is interested, but I just found out that there is a movie scheduled to come out in 2007 called Dragonlance: Dragons of Autumn Twighlight.

Here's a link:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0825245/

I was doing a search on Keifer Sutherland for my oldest daughter and in his bio it had this Dragonlance movie as something that he's working on now, his voice anyway.

I read the Dragonlance books a very long time ago and enjoyed them. Hopefully this animated movie is done well.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 30th, 2006, 06:08 PM

Wilkerson74 has disabled reputation
I use to love the dragonlance books......and always thought that they would make a great movie....at least up too test of the twins.

But....the dungeons and dragons movie that came out a while back was probably the worst movie of all time, and anything that comes out now in the fantasy setting will be held to the standards that Peter Jackson set with the LOTR trilogy.

Would still like to see em made though.
Old August 30th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Lucy Lawless is also helping out with the voice acting. Though on her blog, she says she pulled off the voice by sounding like Xena.

But hey, whatever works, right? Heh...

.:: .H3X. | Click here to check out bloggy goodness! :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old August 30th, 2006, 06:10 PM

Wilkerson74 has disabled reputation
after checking out the link it looks like its going to be animated?? thats too bad...
Old August 30th, 2006, 10:43 PM

DemoDougie has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkerson74
I use to love the dragonlance books......and always thought that they would make a great movie....at least up too test of the twins.

But....the dungeons and dragons movie that came out a while back was probably the worst movie of all time, and anything that comes out now in the fantasy setting will be held to the standards that Peter Jackson set with the LOTR trilogy.

LOL The sequel made the original look like an Academy Award Nominee!!

Dragon's Dungeon Games...Where everyday is gameday!
Old August 31st, 2006, 02:40 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkerson74

I talked to a few old D&D veterans that watched the D&D movie and loved it. They all said something to the effect of, "But I played D&D, so I understood it". I was sitting there thinking, "I played D&D, and the movie still sucked". I was watching it thinking that they slapped a ton of CGI test stuff of D&D favorite critters together and a horrible excuse for a story. The story didn't even fit with the D&D setting IIRC.

Drangonlance will hopefully be good. I can't say it will blow as bad as the D&D movie because it actually has a good story it is based on. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Funny I've been thinking for a while that I need to reread the series.
Old August 31st, 2006, 10:38 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
It says its being directed by the guy who directed Ultimate Avengers 2. Has anyone seen that yet? Once upon a time I was a crazy Dragonlance fan. Stopped paying attention when the age of mortals came along though.

Interestingly Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman just released another chronicle. Part of a new trilogy: the lost chronicles. Stuff about the companions that wasn't in the original Chronicles.
Old August 31st, 2006, 07:38 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann
I talked to a few old D&D veterans that watched the D&D movie and loved it.
Sorry, but you need to find yourself a new gaming group. Absolutely no one that has played D&D with any real interest would even consider that movie anything other than the waste of celluloid it is!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old August 31st, 2006, 09:36 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Quote:
Sorry, but you need to find yourself a new gaming group. Absolutely no one that has played D&D with any real interest would even consider that movie anything other than the waste of celluloid it is!
Well said

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 1st, 2006, 06:18 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Quote:
I never gamed with these guys. I would have a hard time in any group with that kind of thinking. Actually, I haven't gamed since I graduated from high school (91). I was really spoiled with my group back then. We had a load of fun, but I made appearances in other groups that SUCKED (they never saw me again). If I ever could find a good gaming group, I might join, but I haven't talked to anyone in the area that even piqued my interest in gaming again.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 01:50 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
I heard about this project a long time ago.
Has anybody seen any design sketches?
I really hope they stay true to Elmore's cover work.

Old September 2nd, 2006, 02:20 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joah
I heard about this project a long time ago.
Has anybody seen any design sketches?
I really hope they stay true to Elmore's cover work.

Joah, I saw this one. There's something about it that's just not right somehow ...

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media