Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old August 6th, 2018, 07:42 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Gen Con Gaming 2018

Maximum Apocalypse x 2
LotR LCG x 4
Bang the Dice game x 2
Death Angel
Too Many Bones x 3
Pathfinder ACG x 3
Heroscape x 10
Dragon Dice x 5

The big hit for me from the con is Too Many Bones. I've been on the fence for about a year. The poker chip vs mini thing was just bugging me for the longest time. The superb game play and mechanics won out. It's got excellent components, but it's also pricey.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 6th, 2018, 09:13 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

How did Dragon Dice go?
Old August 7th, 2018, 01:48 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@japes
7 wonders is amazing just because there's so many options.
There are basically three major choices for victory points (Military might, science, or blue victory point cards), plus the Guild on the last turn, which tends to be based on what your adjacent opponents chose.
Strategy varies vastly based on player count, and if your wonder has a persistent bonus effect of some kind it is often worth upgrading asap.

There's a great article over on BGG about it:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/691...gies-7-wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old August 7th, 2018, 08:33 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
@japes
There are basically three major choices for victory points (Military might, science, or blue victory point cards), plus the Guild on the last turn, which tends to be based on what your adjacent opponents chose.
Strategy varies vastly based on player count, and if your wonder has a persistent bonus effect of some kind it is often worth upgrading asap.

7 Wonders is phenomenal and my #4 game. I highly recommend the Leaders expansion. I opens the game way up and allows winning strategies with every color and more. One of my proudest 7 Wonders achievements is winning a game with almost entirely yellow cards and money.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 7th, 2018, 08:36 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Last night I played:

Blueprints
The Mind
Gizmos

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 7th, 2018, 09:33 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
@japes

7 Wonders is phenomenal and my #4 game. I highly recommend the Leaders expansion. I opens the game way up and allows winning strategies with every color and more. One of my proudest 7 Wonders achievements is winning a game with almost entirely yellow cards and money.

Yeah I lost since I thought Yellow cards would be good so I built up my markets and such. Turns out I was wrong. I did pretty good with Military though. I don't think the family enjoyed it much. I proposed we play it again this weekend but the chose Caracassone instead. That one is a hit.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 7th, 2018, 10:50 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here’s my Gen Con summary of games played:

Shadespire X 10 - my favorite game at the moment, a great combination of miniatures and card play

Villainous - decently fun asymmetric game, particularly for a mass market release. I’ll probably buy this one for the theme alone.

The Reckoners - impressively produced co-op. Gonna have to buy the books now

Kashgar - very straightforward engine-building card game. Really liked this.

Root - A completely assymetric game from the makers of Vast. Came away unsure, but thought about it constantly for the next few days after. Will probably have to pick it up.

Jurassic Park: Danger - another fun mass market game

Most Wanted - a very light, quick fun game with a poker mechanic

Rise of Tribes X 3 - a well-produced, medium-light civilization-building game with some elements of area control, resource management, and a very cool dice-based action selection mechanic.

Multiuniversum - a filler + card game with some fun art and a neat theme

Paper Tales X 2 - an fairly light engine-building, card-drafting game with a neat aging mechanic

Spirit Island - a very heavy assymetric co-op with the unique theme of island spirits helping the natives repel invading colonists.

Century: Golem Edition - the prettier version of Spice Road

Warhammer: Age of Sigmar Champions TCG X 3 - a ridiculously fun new CCG set in the Warhammer Age of Sigmar universe

The Mind X 4 - a deceptively simple but addictive card game.

Also demoed half a dozen or so games, including Remnants (pretty good), Dire Wild (liked a lot), Talisman Legendary Tales (very meh)

Had a great time and managed to limit my purchases to some degree this year (although I’ll probably be picking up a few of them later).
Old August 9th, 2018, 08:16 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
@japes

Yeah I lost since I thought Yellow cards would be good so I built up my markets and such. Turns out I was wrong. I did pretty good with Military though. I don't think the family enjoyed it much. I proposed we play it again this weekend but the chose Caracassone instead. That one is a hit.
I second Scapey's comment on Leaders and would throw in the Wonder Pack and Cities. I also have Babel, but it hasn't done much for us yet.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old August 9th, 2018, 08:21 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

So birthday weekend was last weekend and Sentinels of the Multiverse:Oblivaeon arrived just in time! All in all it was a long weekend and I got in the following:
2 long DnD sessions
1 play each of Mario Party 4, 5, and 7
2 plays of Mario Party 6
X-Men Legends and X-Men Legends 2 gaming sessions
3 plays of Sentinels of the Multiverse.

All in all a long and fun weekend. I'm also having a game day this Saturday, so will update after we play.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old August 10th, 2018, 08:26 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Glad you had a happy birthday weekend, Spidey!

How was the final Sentinels expansion? I preordered relatively soon after the Kickstarter ended, so I've been waiting a while and will still have a while to wait.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old August 12th, 2018, 05:28 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

THE FIVE DAYS OF GAMING!

Yesterday I started The Five Days of Gaming which began at my place and will continue here and then upstate in Taeblewalker's area (house and local game store), and then finally end back here for our monthly New York City Gang of Four Heroscape Day, without Kolakoski but with a new Scaper bud (see signature below for the adventures of our group, which has been playing for about 11 years now). I'll be adding to this post as we go along, so if you see this before its complete, check back here for developments! Its good to be retired. This start day was part of my regular monthly Saturday Game Schedule. If you are in or near NYC, PM me for a copy.

On The First Day of Gaming My Buddies Played With Me:

*Quartermaster General with the first play of the new Prelude Expansion (5 Player). The Allies did well and finally kicked our butt about 3/4 of the way through. The Prelude is fun, and 2 people learned the Core Game for their first play. QMG is a great design that plays differently every time (the designer play tested the First Expansion here a while ago). We're playing this series monthly now, although now always with the same faces, so one of them had played QMG 1918 recently, and the other had looked at the rules online, as we build up the QMG Cadre.

*Alien Frontiers (first 3 Player). A pal took the win just ahead of what would have been my win in a very tight game, only my third play including an initial solitaire. This is a very well known game now in its 5th Edition. This was a second hand 4th Edition (almost no difference) I picked up at the recent local Islandscape 2018 (see Event Section).

*Root (3 Player) We went with my neighbor's brand new Kickstarter copy of one of the most talked about games unveiled at the recent GenCon 2018. The rules book seems a mess to us (we were all learning as we started), but we had lots of fun anyhow. I played the Woodland Alliance, and came in third. Like Vast by the same designer, each faction plays a totally different game!

On The Second Day of Gaming My Buddies Played With Me:

Two Player Action with Taeblewalker!

*Big Trouble In Little China

For my 10th play if this new game, we came off a previous bad loss with a game I now tinkered with, adjusting the difficulty level a bit, which is easy to do with this design. At the finale, I was killed just before my next die roll which would have won us the game! Good teamwork! Getting closer... Soon I'll be trying out the Expansion One campaign, currently only available to those of us who Preordered.

*878 Vikings For our first play together, T. was the Vikings. Now he played the English for the first time. It was hard for me to pull away, but eventually I managed the win.

On The Third Day of Gaming My Buddies Played With Me:

Now upstate at T's house we played two oldies:

*Wabbi'ts Wampage As Thugs Bunny, we scampered about the farm, and had lots of fun getting VPs and womping the farm staff! Didn't win, but enjoyed it!

*Wabbit's Wevenge In this urban sequel, I was Wambo Wabbit, and along with my colorful allies! Colorful fun, and loved ordering items from Acme.

*Tales of the Arabian Knights At T's niece's house, we did a four player, and once again as Ali Baba I had exotic adventures in the Fantasy Medieval Moslem world. Didn't come close to a win, but enjoyed the ride.

On The Fourth Day of Gaming My Buddies Played With Me:

At a local game store, I played with T.'s regular weekly gang:

*Inis I brought my copy and we did a 4 Player, where everyone took their shot at some point. Didn't win, but pulled some cool moves! A First Expansion will be coming out at the Essen show in the Fall.

*Tales of the Arabian Knights Once again Ali Baba sallied forth! The woman of the group declared her intention to "sleep her way to the top," and that's just what she did for the win!

On the Fifth Day of Gaming My Buddies Played With Me:

*Heroscape I Back home in Brooklyn and time for Heroscape! See my signature line site for details of my newly designed custom scenario "Super Squadscape March." Its a simple game you can try at your venue! This was our regular monthly game with The New York City Gang of Four.

Kolakoski was on vacation, but called up to say 'Hi' and remind everyone to check out the rules for Silent Death, a second game of tactical space fighters we'll be trying out next month after Scaping! Did an exciting 5 Player with Sherman Davies, T., IshMel and our recent pal who is also here on the site on his third visit. It proved a good scenario that worked on our usual large 30 x 20 hex map. After a tough free for all, IshMel won, but it was very much in doubt for most of the game. There was a wide variety of units used, with only one duplicate (10th Regiment of Foot), and it really felt like Classic Scape on a big scale!

*Heroscape II Same map but without the "March Spaces;" one player left and we did a 4 Player team version, just "Kill 'Em All." IshMel and I won a game called a bit early. Hooray for Heroscape!

Whew. Just woke up after a lot of sleep last night, following my five day/12 game binge. This was more or less my summer vacation. Next Saturday I'll be hosting Big Trouble, possibly our first try at The Legacy of Lo Pan Campaign as noted above. Another try is scheduled for Wednesday. Looking forward to The Great War: Expansion Two/The French Army, hopefully coming at the end of this month.

Have a good second half of summer, everyone!

Last edited by chas; August 16th, 2018 at 09:29 AM.
Old August 12th, 2018, 10:51 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

After a few rounds of Heroscape yesterday, the guys were willing to help me playtest my game There Goes Tokyo (working title). They seemed to like it and thought most of the theme/mechanics made sense, but we came up with a few changes. Now I need to get a good rulebook/document put together to facilitate changes going forward. But it was nice to sit back and watch other people play a 3-player game and just make sure things were working correctly and explain the rules.

On Friday, I'll be having friends over for some Last Night on Earth. My nephew is into zombies, so I picked up a few more scenarios at GenCon and invited people over.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games