Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 25th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Judge Mortis - Brainstorming

Interesting suggestions.
I would be surprised if the pseudo-bonding/attacking was allowed, considering the potential to attack with Mortis, take a turn with JD, and (if he destroys a figure) take another turn with an Undead figure.
I do like that it gives the DJs a little more ooompf but I am not a fan of the power name.

I could see using that power instead of Shield Trap if need be.

Decaying Touch is the most iconic power for Mortis so not having it on his card feels like a complete theme fail.

Would the powers that include unblockable dice/wounds actually work with Death Never Dies since it is not the attack destroying the figure? I would be awful bitter if I found out down the road I was led astray once again and his main power does not mesh with Death.

If I can get some sort of absolute insurance that those powers will work with DND then I would be willing to entertain those options.

Thanks V.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 25th, 2015, 11:35 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

You could always go something like this.

DECAYING TOUCH
When attacking an adjacent figure with a normal attack, the defending figure rolls 1 fewer defense die for each blank rolled.

DECAYING TOUCH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack special.
When attacking an adjacent figure with this special attack roll X combat dice where X is equal to the defending figure's remaining life number up to a maximum of ?? combat dice rolled. Destructible Objects roll 2 fewer defense dice when attacked by this special Attack.

DECAYING TOUCH
After targeting and before attacking an adjacent figure with a normal attack, you may roll a combat die. If you roll a skull the targeted figure may not roll defense dice against Judge Mortis this turn.

DECAYING TOUCH
After targeting and before attacking an adjacent figure with a normal attack, you may roll a combat die. If you roll a skull, the targeted figure receives a wound, or two wounds if the targeted figure was a destructible object.
Old March 25th, 2015, 12:09 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
If I can get some sort of absolute insurance that those powers will work with DND then I would be willing to entertain those options.
This is humanity. If you want absolute insurance, you're crazy.

What's your intent? State your intent. FAQ your intent. Then your intent will most likely (but not absolutely guaranteed) be carried out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 25th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
I would be surprised if the pseudo-bonding/attacking was allowed, considering the potential to attack with Mortis, take a turn with JD, and (if he destroys a figure) take another turn with an Undead figure.
Eh, there are a lot of ways to get stuff like this already:
- Reveal an OM on Wonder Girl and move, then move with Kid Flash, then attack with Red Arrow/Speedy, then Wonder Girl gets to finish her turn, then Aqualad gets to take a bonding turn.
- Reveal an OM on Hawkeye (II) and move, Red Arrow/Speedy gets an attack, then use Hawkeye's Orders to activate whichever figure he carried (such as Red Skull, who could potentially get you another activation).

Or, you know, just use Xavier and get a consistent 6 turns a round with powerful mutants.

Quote:
I do like that it gives the DJs a little more ooompf but I am not a fan of the power name.
The name was just a placeholder, I figured you could switch it to something more thematic.

Quote:
I could see using that power instead of Shield Trap if need be.

Decaying Touch is the most iconic power for Mortis so not having it on his card feels like a complete theme fail.
I do like the Shield, but I think the design might be more fun and useful to the faction with the Decaying Touch and Team-up combo.

Quote:
Would the powers that include unblockable dice/wounds actually work with Death Never Dies since it is not the attack destroying the figure? I would be awful bitter if I found out down the road I was led astray once again and his main power does not mesh with Death.

All the powers I suggested would trigger Death Never Dies. Death's power specifies that when the vessel "attacks and destroys an opponent's figure" he comes back, which just means they need to be attacking when the figure is destroyed. It doesn't say "destroys an opponent's figure with an attack" which would be much more of a messy grey area in relation to the powers we're brainstorming.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old March 25th, 2015, 01:33 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
This is humanity. If you want absolute insurance, you're crazy.

What's your intent? State your intent. FAQ your intent. Then your intent will most likely (but not absolutely guaranteed) be carried out.
Yeah, that was a foolish post.
I expected/deserved a harsher response.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 25th, 2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
I do like the Shield, but I think the design might be more fun and useful to the faction with the Decaying Touch and Team-up combo.
You are really selling me on this Viegon. Shield would actually make him better in a Magneto build then a DJ build.
I would be willing to explore this further.

If we did go this route I like this:

DECAYING TOUCH
After targeting and before attacking an adjacent figure with a normal attack, you may roll a combat die. If you roll a skull, the targeted figure receives a wound, or two wounds if the targeted figure was a destructible object.

Thanks Karat. Between that and Viegon's power, you get pretty much the same result as the original power, plus a bonus vs. DOs and an attack(2 dice but still) at the cost of The Shield.

Sorry for having you put up with my frustration.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 25th, 2015, 02:00 PM

NAME = JUDGE MORTIS
SECRET IDENTITY = (INSERT)

SPECIES = UNDEAD
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE
CLASS = DARK JUDGE
PERSONALITY = MORBID

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 155?

DARK JUDGEMENT(?) (Final Judgement, S-S-Sentenc-c-cing)
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of another Undead Unique Hero you control and moving that Unique Hero, before attacking with that Unique Hero, if Judge Mortis is engaged, he may immediately attack an opponent's figure with his normal attack.

DECAYING TOUCH

DIMENSIONAL TELEPORT
At the end of each round, if Judge Mortis is on the battlefield and there are two or fewer Wound Markers on this card, you may place Judge Mortis on any empty space on the battlefield. When Judge Mortis is moved by Dimensional Teleport, he may not be placed adjacent to an opponent's figure and will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 25th, 2015, 02:04 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The only question I have is if Decaying Touch is supposed to work with Dark Judgment.

Quote:
Old March 25th, 2015, 02:08 PM

Yes, it should.
Does it need to be worded differently?

- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 25th, 2015, 02:16 PM

I would word it this way then:

Quote:
DARK JUDGMENT
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of another Undead Unique Hero you control and moving that Unique Hero, before attacking with that Unique Hero, if Judge Mortis is engaged, you may take a turn with Judge Mortis during which he cannot move.

Quote:
Old March 25th, 2015, 02:22 PM

So, something like this.
Quote:
NAME = JUDGE MORTIS

SPECIES = UNDEAD
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE
CLASS = DARK JUDGE
PERSONALITY = MORBID

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 155?

DARK JUDGEMENT
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of another Undead Unique Hero you control and moving that Unique Hero, before attacking with that Unique Hero, if Judge Mortis is engaged, you may take a turn with Judge Mortis during which he cannot move.

DECAYING TOUCH

DIMENSIONAL TELEPORT
At the end of each round, if Judge Mortis is on the battlefield and there are two or fewer Wound Markers on this card, you may place Judge Mortis on any empty space on the battlefield. When Judge Mortis is moved by Dimensional Teleport, he may not be placed adjacent to an opponent's figure and will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
A few roadblocks resulted in a better design.
Thanks.
Spoiler Alert!

- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; March 25th, 2015 at 03:10 PM.
Old March 25th, 2015, 03:19 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
NAME = JUDGE MORTIS

SPECIES = UNDEAD
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE
CLASS = DARK JUDGE
PERSONALITY = MORBID

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 155?

DARK JUDGEMENT

DECAYING TOUCH

DIMENSIONAL TELEPORT
This write-up looks like a great direction, though I think its a little weird for Decaying Touch to be separate from his attack; why not just make it his attack like this:

DECAYING TOUCH
When Judge Mortis attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack, if you roll at least 1 skull, the defending figure immediately receives one unblockable wound before rolling defense dice, or two unblockable wounds if it is a destructible object.

For the most part this is the same effect, except it dodges any messy-ness with having an autowound in-between targeting and rolling dice.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library