Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old March 26th, 2013, 10:08 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Hollingsworth v. Perry and US v. Windsor - Thoughts?

I'm curious as to what everyone has to say about these two cases. So far, Hollingsworth v. Perry has had it's oral arguments heard - US v. Windsor will be occurring tomorrow, March 27th.

So - thoughts?
Old March 27th, 2013, 03:54 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Hollingsworth v. Perry and US v. Windsor - Thoughts?

When the pro-Prop8 side of Hollingsworth v. Perry boils down to "Gay Marriage doesn't actually improve heterosexual marriage... oh and y'all shouldn't bother since the voters will strike this down soon anyway", I'd say that the civil rights end of things appears to be winning the day.

My favorite exchange:
Spoiler Alert!

If past rulings and his commentary yesterday are any indication, Kennedy will be writing a ruling along with the liberal justices. The only question is how big he goes. I suspect it will be relatively narrow, but who knows. Kennedy's getting old and he might want one more big decision on his legacy (so people remember him for something other than writing the Citizens United ruling, perhaps).

I've always felt that the government attaches too many civil benefits to marriage, but given that we do, I think the way we're headed is pretty clear.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General