Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old August 9th, 2010, 03:04 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Computer Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
facebook.
If my parents ever saw Facebook as anything other than a website full of identity thieves and viruses, the world would explode. I tell them there's nothing wrong with it, and that 82% of people I know have Facebook accounts (I did the math) but, once paranoid, always paranoid.

Thanks for trying Chardar.
Old August 9th, 2010, 03:25 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
facebook.
If my parents ever saw Facebook as anything other than a website full of identity thieves and viruses, the world would explode. I tell them there's nothing wrong with it, and that 82% of people I know have Facebook accounts (I did the math) but, once paranoid, always paranoid.

Thanks for trying Chardar.
No offense, but I strongly dislike/hate people who are overly-paranoid about the internet. Yes, you should be careful, but I'm sure 99% of online users are on to have a good time, not to steal identities or stalk people.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 9th, 2010, 03:36 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Try telling my parents that.
Old August 9th, 2010, 03:46 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Yeah, my friend's dad is about the exact same way. My friend can't even play online on the Wii.

Old August 9th, 2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
Yeah, my friend's dad is about the exact same way. My friend can't even play online on the Wii.
Neither can I!!!
Old August 9th, 2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
Neither can I!!!
I'm not 100%, but I don't think stalkers/ID thieves try to get victims on the Wii Wi-Fi connection. You never hear about people being targeted through Wii/PS3/PSP/Xbox.

Old August 14th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Does anyone know how to make tutorial videos? I've got a computer with a webcam. I also have Skype, which I know can broadcast your desktop.

I'm working on a tutorial video for a secret Heroscape project. I just need to be able to record my computer screen and talk into a microphone. And then do basic editing, of course.

Anyone got any tips?

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old August 14th, 2010, 01:13 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This should give you all the available options considered reliable:
ScreenCast programs for windows

I've heard good things about CamStudio, plus it's free.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old August 14th, 2010, 01:17 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
Does anyone know how to make tutorial videos? I've got a computer with a webcam. I also have Skype, which I know can broadcast your desktop.

I'm working on a tutorial video for a secret Heroscape project. I just need to be able to record my computer screen and talk into a microphone. And then do basic editing, of course.

Anyone got any tips?
I just googled. It looks like you'll need a special program to do it. This one looks decent (top result). I haven't tried it out yet, but it seems promising. And it's free .

EDIT: Ninja'd, and with the same program even.

Old August 14th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If you are willing to pay, Camtasia is one of the best you can buy.

Otherwise, Camstudio is fine. Just make sure to download the lossless codec as well or it will look bad.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General