Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old October 30th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: A New Threat

*eagerly awaiting*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old October 30th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: A New Threat

Chapter 7

Ulgrath’s team slowly made their way through the vast swamp, constantly plagued by the mosquitoes and gnats. As daylight filtered through the canopy of leaves overhead, Ulgrath motioned the group to halt. “Time for a break,” he said wearily. The men stopped gratefully for a break, unpacking their food while doing so. One of the minutemen took a swig at a flask of water before asking, “So, are we still on those animals trail?” Drake grunted. “That’s what I’d like to know too.” Ulgrath looked down at the two pairs of cyborg footprints that lay ahead. “I’m pretty sure,” he mumbled. Half an hour passed, and Ulgrath signaled for his men to continue. Hours passed, with no sign of the raptors or of any other life form. Morale was waning as night began to fall. During the night, Ulgrath woke up to a strange sound. It was a harsh growl that was only ten feet from him. Slowly turning his head, Ulgrath saw the two raptors, sniffing around the camp. The leader still had the canister. “Yaaaaaahhhhh!!!” Ulgrath leapt for the raptors, snuffing out one of them with an electro-sword. The last cyborg jumped for the alien’s throat, aiming for the jugular. Just as he reached Ulgrath, the animal vanished! Ulgrath blinked in surprise and peered over into the chasm the raptor had disappeared into. The camp came alive as the alien went around, shouting for everyone to get up. Drake came out of his tent, sleepily rubbing his eyes and grumbling. “What’s the matter this time, eh?” he asked sourly. Ulgrath walked up to him and informed him. Now Drake was awake. Alright, if that device is so important than we have to follow the raptor in the chasm. An outburst of protests from the men came forth. “Go into that stinking hole, not me!” “What’s so great about that canister anyway, huh?” Ulgrath silenced them with a glare and said, ”Listen, that device could win the war for your army, or the others. Either we go after that beast and try to get it back, or we let it get away back to Arnot. It’s your choice.”

The tunnel was the blackest black, and death was there. Drake could smell it in the rotten air. All of the men had gone down; no one wanted to be alone in the marsh or underground. Sonlen silently created a ball of fire and started down the tunnel, the rest followed cautiously. The raptor tracks plainly showed on the ground, as well as numerous bones of men and marro.

The being took short, ragged breaths as he watched the intruders continue down the tunnel. What idiotic things would come here, he thought. Well, no matter, there would be another meal awaiting them very soon.

Sonlen stopped, sniffing the air. Cursing the darkness as he stumbled over to the elf, Drake asked, “Why have we stopped?” No answer. The elf signaled his dragon toward an opening to the right of them. With alacrity, the dragon flew off. The group waited. And waited. Finally Sonlen’s pet returned, chirping and hissing excitedly. Sonlen nodded and clicked his tongue as if asking the dragon a question. The dragon chirped one more time, then fell silent. Sonlen looked around, his eyes filled with concern. “We must leave this place now.” Boom. Everyone looked into the inky blackness at the sound. Boom. From the tunnel’s beginning came spine-chilling screaming. Boom. Boom. The thumping began in earnest as the screams became louder from every direction. “We must go, now.” Sonlen repeated. “How can we get out of this nightmare, a good many screams are coming from where we just came.” Drake asked. “The only way we can go, deeper,” replied Ulgrath. The troops ran deeper into the tunnels. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom.
Old October 30th, 2008, 10:24 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: A New Threat-Chapter 7

! This is getting even more exciting!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old November 2nd, 2008, 11:34 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks gorthan and the next part will be here soon!
Old November 2nd, 2008, 12:33 PM

Akralon has disabled reputation

I just read the first three story sections. Nice work. It's good to see some sci-fi for a change. Not enough of that out there. Keep it up.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 12:57 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Thanks, Akralon, I've always been interested in Sci-fi and other beings coming to heroscape.
Old November 4th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Chapter 8

Down, down the men fled, pursued by…by something. The ghastly screams began to get louder as the troop ran willy-nilly through one tunnel and then the next. “Quick, in here!” yelled Sarge as he ran into a small room off the main tunnel. The rest followed without a word and saw that the room was littered with bones and weapons. Boom Boom Boom. The tunnel outside the door became silent, except for the occasional screech or scuffling of feet. A dull thrumming commenced as the beings work themselves into a frenzy. Finally the group saw what was after them. The beasts were only two feet high, but they looked plenty dangerous. With black scaly skin, hooked teeth and razor-sharp claws, everyone knew this would be one tough fight. Drool hung from the beast’s jaws as they continued to frenzy themselves. The minutemen raised their rifles and the elves drew their bows. Drake drew is katana with a flourish and snarled, “These animals are the Korac!” A huge, hulking animal forced his way to the front of the Korac that crowded the tunnel. The being sneered, unsheathed a jagged, cruel sword, and charged. The other Korac followed with the bloodlust in their eyes. “Fire!” shouted a minuteman. The room filled with smoke as the muskets ripped their way through the tangle of enemies. Many of the beasts fell, but all in all the gunfire had no effect on the masses. With a howl, the forces clashed. Almost immediately the leader of the Korac smashed his way to the minutemen, sword to the ready. With a bellow, it arced it’s blade in a curve, cleaving the majority of the soldiers in two. The Aubrien were faithfully and fearlessly pouring volley upon volley into the Korac, sending many to the netherworld. However, the enemy was too many. With their claws they callously tore at moving thing, even their allies. Once an elf or man went down, he was covered in a sea of black as the Korac pushed forward. Drake was giving as good as he got; he’d grappled to a small rock shelf about five feet from the floor and used his pistol to fire into the Korac. Despite the best efforts of the group, they knew they were fighting a losing battle. Sonlen stood at the doorway to yet another passage, using up the last reserves of his magic to try and send a mighty shock wave at the Korac. The huge Korac outstretched its hand and muttered, “Hiaglay.” Sonlen was immediately thrown to his feet by the magic word. Once on the ground, he was surrounded by the Korac. The leader in turn used its magic on the rest of Ulgrath’s force. Forcing their captives to their feet, the Korac led them off. For hours they traveled, and Ulgrath’s eyes grew heavy from fatigue and lack of rest.

When he awoke, the alien saw that he was in a dimly lit cell, with the rest of his comrades. To the right of them was another cell block, this one containing the raptor, who still clutched the canister in its arms.
Old November 11th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Chilly Fangirl

Re: A New Threat-Chapter 8

Part 9 will be here soon, sorry for the delay. And thanks to all the 'scapers who commented!
Old November 13th, 2008, 11:21 PM

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Oh Wow! I'm sorry that I haven't been getting back to commenting on your story! That last section was awesome!(And no, I'm not trying to be overly amazed at the quality of your story because of your latest post in my thread.) +rep!

Old November 13th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Thanks, but now that I reviewed the latest story segment, I realized the fight was way to short. I'm my own worst critic!
Old November 13th, 2008, 11:35 PM

Hey! I could work on my fight scenes for a month, and not get as good results as you had in that last section! Maybe I should stop my own writing for a while, and just keep myself updated on this story......

Old November 14th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Chilly Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Hey! I could work on my fight scenes for a month, and not get as good results as you had in that last section! Maybe I should stop my own writing for a while, and just keep myself updated on this story......
No, you're a great writer, keep at it!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction