Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old February 5th, 2008, 09:26 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteRaider
I thought that escape/catch was superb. Although I rooted for NY, I have 1 question:

What on this world was Belichek thinking going for it on 4TH & ******* 13!?!? For Lombardi's sake, kick the dam FG.
Well it would have been a 52 yard attempt, but in today's NFL it's a makable kick. He either had too much confidence in his offense (though how could you blame that) or not enough in his kicker.
Old February 5th, 2008, 09:32 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys
Quote:
I thought that escape/catch was superb. Although I rooted for NY, I have 1 question:

What on this world was Belichek thinking going for it on 4TH & ******* 13!?!? For Lombardi's sake, kick the dam FG.
Well it would have been a 52 yard attempt, but in today's NFL it's a makable kick. He either had too much confidence in his offense (though how could you blame that) or not enough in his kicker.
Actually it was a 49 yard kick and the kid was hitting them at 52 during warm-ups.
Old February 5th, 2008, 12:16 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
Quote:
Quote:

Actually it was a 49 yard kick and the kid was hitting them at 52 during warm-ups.
Yeah, so I have no idea what the thinking was there... the Pats just picked the worst time to have their worst game of the year (although that was helped along by probably the best defensive effort NY put forth on their season).

I'm a Pats fan, but not to the lengths where if they win I get too high or if they lose I get too low (I reserve those extremes for my Red Sox), but the biggest thing that kept me awake that night wasn't that they lost, but that the thought of a loss was illogical to me. It didn't make sense (I wonder if that statement made any sense either), couldn't wrap my head around it.

That's the beauty of sports, you may have a team licked on paper, but they play the game between the lines.

Go Sox!
Old February 5th, 2008, 12:34 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!
Sports Talk radio was having a hard time on Monday deciding what to do with the Patriots.

They had all already annointed them the best team in history. So you can understand their confusion as to where to rate the 07 Patriots in the "all-time best teams" list. IF the Patriots before Sunday were the best NFL team ever assembled. And AFTER Sunday the Giants are the champs who beat the best team ever assembled, doesn't that make the '07 Giants the best team ever assembled?

Well, the sports talk radio heads, especially the Boston-loving ESPN guys, were making all kinds of excuses about why the Patriots were still in the top 5 of all time greatest teams and the Giants didn't even rank. They completely dismissed the results of the Super Bowl.

IDIOTS! WHY even play a Super Bowl if the results don't mean anything? Sorry, but the sports pundits can't have their cake and eat it too. If the Patriots of 07 were the best team ever before Super Bowl Sunday, which many, many, many, many commentators said they were. Then by that logic, the G-Men of 07 must be the best team of all time.

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old February 5th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggler
Sports Talk radio was having a hard time on Monday deciding what to do with the Patriots.

They had all already annointed them the best team in history. So you can understand their confusion as to where to rate the 07 Patriots in the "all-time best teams" list. IF the Patriots before Sunday were the best NFL team ever assembled. And AFTER Sunday the Giants are the champs who beat the best team ever assembled, doesn't that make the '07 Giants the best team ever assembled?

Well, the sports talk radio heads, especially the Boston-loving ESPN guys, were making all kinds of excuses about why the Patriots were still in the top 5 of all time greatest teams and the Giants didn't even rank. They completely dismissed the results of the Super Bowl.

IDIOTS! WHY even play a Super Bowl if the results don't mean anything? Sorry, but the sports pundits can't have their cake and eat it too. If the Patriots of 07 were the best team ever before Super Bowl Sunday, which many, many, many, many commentators said they were. Then by that logic, the G-Men of 07 must be the best team of all time.
Regardless of what the experts at ESPN say, the '85 Bears are the best team in NFL history and nothing will every change that....ever.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 5th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Can I start breathing yet? I stopped somewhere in the fourth quarter and I'm not sure I can start yet....

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old February 5th, 2008, 03:38 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
I would love to see a sports game interrupted by a very important episode of Battlestar Galactica. Sweet, sweet justice. Hell, it doesn't even have to be BG, it could be a repeat of Space: Above and Beyond or maybe even Painkiller Jane.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old February 6th, 2008, 01:32 AM

NiteRaider is surprisingly tart
Well if you don't kick the FG (and at 49 yards in a domed arena is very makable since he was drilling them from 50+), then punt the ball. At best, you pin NY inside the 5 and at worst they're at their 20, which is still better than where NY was after taking the ball on downs.

RRW
10/21/1935-02/01/2008
StarImpact
The Menagerie
Old February 6th, 2008, 10:25 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Well if you don't kick the FG (and at 49 yards in a domed arena is very makable since he was drilling them from 50+), then punt the ball. At best, you pin NY inside the 5 and at worst they're at their 20, which is still better than where NY was after taking the ball on downs.
You underestimate the ability of Bill Belly-Cheak to be overconfident.

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old February 7th, 2008, 07:55 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggler

That "logic" is extremely flawed. I know for a fact and have heard many Giants fans who have all said they believe that the Pats were still the better team. However the most important aspect is that the Giants played the best when it mattered the most. As a Patriots fan all I can do is say congradulations to the Giants and their fans. In a way, I also feel sorry for them, I have been listening to some sports radio and more people are talking about the Pats losing then the Giants winning which doesn't give the Giants the credit they deserve.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old February 7th, 2008, 08:18 PM

Yeah, this season for the Giants was very similar to the Pats 2001 season. Slow start, QB problems, almost defeating the team they would face in the SB during the regular season, the whole 'David vs Goliath' scenario.

Guess us Pats fans now know what it was like for those Rams fans.
Old February 7th, 2008, 08:27 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Yeah, this season for the Giants was very similar to the Pats 2001 season. Slow start, QB problems, almost defeating the team they would face in the SB during the regular season, the whole 'David vs Goliath' scenario.

Guess us Pats fans now know what it was like for those Rams fans.
Definately the worst thing to happen to New England sports fans since the 86 series.
Pitchers and catchers in 1 week though!

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media