Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

View Poll Results: How did you feel about overlapping figures for Bring 2?
I love it, I think we should do it in every bring 2 from now on 2 12.50%
I liked it as a change up, but not every time 8 50.00%
I didn't like it 5 31.25%
Something else (specify in the comments) 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 13th, 2021, 01:18 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: OHS Season 39 - Snowed In - Round 4 Until 2/14

@scaperdude beat me with my own PKs. I'd picked his Mezzodemon army, figuring he would likely counter with his own large elementals army. But he made the superior choice, I think, taking my PKs x5 plus Crixus.

My plan, at setup, was to seize Valda to get increased mobility against the speedy flying knights. So I placed OM1 on Marcu, counting on grabbing the glyph and going on with the game.

Unfortunately, the little bastard stabbed me in the back immediately. He flew over and put 3 (!!!!) wounds on Krug, and - more importantly - my plan for Valda was already circling the drain. So I devoted far too many resources, over the next few rounds, trying to claim that glyph, and gave up too many exoskeleton markers in disadvantageous positions trying to keep it. Eventually my markers were gone, and we were in the endgame.

I managed to get Krug over to Wannok, taking some wounds and smashing some PKs along the way. The ogre reached maximum attack power, and the game came down to a 1-life Krug + Wannok, against a 3-life Crixus (he'd been the Wannok-soak) + 1 PK. I did my best to keep the PK from being able to get the drop on me, but with its superior maneuverability, eventually it did get first strike, as I tried to hold the glyph. Its 2 skulls beat my 1 shield, and the game was over.

Good game, Scaperdude!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; February 13th, 2021 at 02:45 PM.
Old February 13th, 2021, 02:26 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Finished up this morning against @Tiamat , who was a pleasure to play with and chat with after the game!

The matchup was
tiamat: Kuthnak, Marcu Esenwein, Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider, Death Chasers of Theskx4, Ogre Pulverizer
vs
s1r: Isamu, Krav Maga Agents, Moltenclaw, Greenscale Warriorsx3

tiamat chose his DC build first, and I followed with the GSWs/MC. I think the DC build is pretty powerful (especially with boiling blood giving AOE!), but the DC's have low defense that I thought would be a perfect target for MC's special since it can reach out 4 spaces from the target just like Nerak's aura and Kuthnak's activation range. Plus I thought having the KMA in the endgame would be helpful with the rivers, frequent height change at the map edges, and sniping spots by the SZ.

Short story is Moltenclaw rushing near the Valda glyph across from tiamat's start zone challenged tiamat's DC/Nerak development. Some solid rolls for his special and the initiative switch (that never went back) helped MC take out Nerak and 8 of the 12 DCs by the end of RD2, OM1 while losing just one GSW. That left me in position to hold height with Greenscales screening at the base above the river and giving MC room to operate and cleanup with both melee and his special.

Long story in the spoiler.

Spoiler Alert!
Old February 13th, 2021, 05:24 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Congrats to another "rookie" 4-0 player, @S1R_ART0R1US ! Although I use rookie loosely here, as you've actually been on Heroscapers longer than I have.
Old February 14th, 2021, 12:08 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Play In Games

The Play-In is on April.

The knight of scape (3-1) v. dok (3-1) pool of armies is:
* Akumaken, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Ne-Gok-Sa, Roman Legionnairesx3
* Asterios, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Parmenio, Sacred Bandx3
* Arashara Goshiri, Marcu Esenwein, Otonashi, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Roman Legionnairesx3
* Kurrok the Elementalist, Re-Tak-Shi, Deathreaversx2, Water Elementalx6
knight of scape chooses to pick their army first or second. After armies are picked, dok chooses who places first.

The dysole (3-1) v. scaperedude (3-1) pool of armies is:
* Marcu Esenwein, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Re-Tak-Shi, Deathreaversx2, Microcorp Agentsx2
* Erevan Sunshadow, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Dzu-Tehx4
* Krug, Marcu Esenwein, Mezzodemon Warmongersx5
* Avernus, Boreos, Lilja, Talingul
scaperedude chooses to pick their army first or second. After armies are picked, dysole chooses who places first.

~Dysole, more to come
Old February 14th, 2021, 12:16 AM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Cut In Quarters

The Quarters are on Ascension.

The kevindola (3-1) v. tiamat (3-1) pool of armies is:
* Mimring, Otar, Arrow Grutsx4, Ice Troll Berserker, Swog Rider
* B-11 Resistance Corps, Nicholas Esenwein, Bloodburst Thrallx2, Darkprowl Thrallx5
* Kuthnak, Marcu Esenwein, Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider, Death Chasers of Theskx4, Ogre Pulverizer
* Brute Gruts, Red Mantis Blade Dancersx5
kevindola chooses to pick their army first or second. After armies are picked, tiamat chooses who places first.

The agentward (3-1) v. shiftrex (3-1) pool of armies is:
* Sir Gilbert, Z'thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Knights of Westonx3
* Krav Maga Agents, Sir Dupuis, Phantom Knightsx3
* Count Raymond, Isamu, Kira Jax, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Cathar Spearmenx3
* Cal the Smuggler, Marcus Decimus Gallus, 12th Caucus Riflesx5
shiftrex chooses to pick their army first or second. After armies are picked, agentward chooses who places first.

Captain Stupendous will play the winner of the Knight of Scape/dok game. S1R_ART0R1US will play the winner of the Dysole/Scaperedude game.

~Dysole, done with launching for the night
Old February 15th, 2021, 01:05 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: OHS Season 39 - Snowed In - Play In Games Until 2/21

Season 40 is open for sign ups!
Old February 16th, 2021, 02:39 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

@Tiamat and I are playing Friday at 1pm central.

I took his Marcu Esenwein build, he has not chosen yet.

Last edited by kevindola; February 16th, 2021 at 02:40 PM. Reason: See what I did there
Old February 17th, 2021, 01:31 AM

Hero89 Woo who?

Thank you for setting up and running s39!
Old February 17th, 2021, 10:50 AM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
@Tiamat and I are playing Friday at 1pm central.

I took his Marcu Esenwein build, he has not chosen yet.
@kevindola Yeah, after Marcu the rest of that army is just filler.

I'll be running my Brute Gruts build.
Old February 17th, 2021, 03:08 PM

Brief Aside

Hey everybody,

The organizers were curious how people felt about being able to overlap figures in your armies. Please vote (and/or comment) how you felt about this. Thanks.

~Dysole, queryingly
Old February 17th, 2021, 03:13 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Re: overlapping figures

I didn't mind it, but I also didn't love it.

I think I would have liked it more if Raelin didn't fit so well in the overlap, but even at lower point totals it probably allows something strong like MWs to easily fit in both builds.

I guess the thing about it that I don't like is allowing any strong figure to be in both builds brings up the overall meta in strength a bit, which makes bringing weaker armies with less used figures less meaningful since you're more likely to play one of your opponent's armies (since the 'average' army can be stronger & can't be weaker -> on average it's stronger than it is without any overlap). This seems a bit counter to some of the goals of bring-2.

It's not a massive shift in the meta strength, but it's some shift and I'm not convinced that any shift towards stronger armies is better.

For reference, I voted for 'I liked it as a change up, but not every time'. Just wanted to expand on that a bit.
Old February 19th, 2021, 02:21 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would prefer not to see an overlap. I saw several double raelin builds. As I have often expressed, I know she is part of the game, it is just a part I do not like. I also like unique builds in general.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events