Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 3rd, 2014, 09:38 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: AMIS customs

Hamilton is definitely fragile with his 5 life and 3 defense for a melee character, but he's not exactly a front-liner. He's also very strongly anti-hero and would not be that useful against squads. For the most part, 4 attack alone would be sufficient to take out a given squad member.

As a bonding hero, his potential for setting up an assassination is just that much greater. You can draft the wolves with Hamilton and another hero (getting into high point ranges now), and just move Hamilton into position and wait, deferring bonding turns to the other hero instead. When the way opens, charge him in to take out a key figure like Q9 in a single swing. My fear is how easily he can accomplish this against so many otherwise sturdy targets. Maybe it would function similarly but less devastating if it was closer to Maul than Lethal Sting. Just my two cents, in any case.
Old September 6th, 2014, 01:59 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Hamilton is definitely fragile with his 5 life and 3 defense for a melee character, but he's not exactly a front-liner. He's also very strongly anti-hero and would not be that useful against squads. For the most part, 4 attack alone would be sufficient to take out a given squad member.

As a bonding hero, his potential for setting up an assassination is just that much greater. You can draft the wolves with Hamilton and another hero (getting into high point ranges now), and just move Hamilton into position and wait, deferring bonding turns to the other hero instead. When the way opens, charge him in to take out a key figure like Q9 in a single swing. My fear is how easily he can accomplish this against so many otherwise sturdy targets. Maybe it would function similarly but less devastating if it was closer to Maul than Lethal Sting. Just my two cents, in any case.
Thanks for the input, it is certainly welcome!

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 6th, 2014 at 01:59 PM. Reason: And he is useful when he is held back and strikes quickly.
Old September 8th, 2014, 07:04 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Seanessy and Wisp add to the op.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 8th, 2014 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Halfling and the wind.
Old September 11th, 2014, 05:21 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wisp
I don't believe I understand what this unit is doing. Does Appear give you a form of attack bonding with each figure adjacent to it? If so, that is an absurdly powerful power, allowing you to set up turns around powerful heroes to absolutely devastate your opponent. For 10 points. If I'm reading this right, I would recommend only making it apply to a single figure so it effectively gives you order marker flexibility rather than allowing you to gain extra turns off of a 10 point common hero.

I'm also a little unsure about Fate, since you don't say anything about where the figure should be placed. Is it supposed to work in tandem with Appear? If you're supposed to place it adjacent to the wisp, that also seems to be another flexible way of moving around your figures.

Seanessy
I think I understand this one a bit better, although I must say that 50 pts is probably too cheap for him. His first ability enables him to throw charge into battle for essentially an attack of 6, 8 with height, values met by only high point units. If the target survives the assault or he becomes surrounded, he can rather easily disengage out of his current conundrum and gain a full attack wherever he goes. If I'm reading dog bit correctly, it is an additional special attack that he may get on top of his normal attack if he started the turn engaged. this means that on top of his huge attack he can maintain after moving away, he can follow it up with a dog bite since he technically started the turn engaged. While he is definitely fragile, it just strikes me that he is perhaps packing too much fire power for a hero of his cost.
Old September 11th, 2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Wisp
I don't believe I understand what this unit is doing. Does Appear give you a form of attack bonding with each figure adjacent to it? If so, that is an absurdly powerful power, allowing you to set up turns around powerful heroes to absolutely devastate your opponent. For 10 points. If I'm reading this right, I would recommend only making it apply to a single figure so it effectively gives you order marker flexibility rather than allowing you to gain extra turns off of a 10 point common hero.

I'm also a little unsure about Fate, since you don't say anything about where the figure should be placed. Is it supposed to work in tandem with Appear? If you're supposed to place it adjacent to the wisp, that also seems to be another flexible way of moving around your figures.

Seanessy
I think I understand this one a bit better, although I must say that 50 pts is probably too cheap for him. His first ability enables him to throw charge into battle for essentially an attack of 6, 8 with height, values met by only high point units. If the target survives the assault or he becomes surrounded, he can rather easily disengage out of his current conundrum and gain a full attack wherever he goes. If I'm reading dog bit correctly, it is an additional special attack that he may get on top of his normal attack if he started the turn engaged. this means that on top of his huge attack he can maintain after moving away, he can follow it up with a dog bite since he technically started the turn engaged. While he is definitely fragile, it just strikes me that he is perhaps packing too much fire power for a hero of his cost.
Good catch on the wording for both Appear and Dog Bite, they should read;

On the Wisp;
Appear
Once per round, instead of moving the wisp normally, you may teleport to within 8 clear sight spaces. All adjacent figures to the Wisp may roll their engagement attacks when the wisp uses Appear.

Fate is one figure moved to within 2 spaces - there is no attack bonding, strictly a movement bonding, and can be used in tandem with Appear.

On Seanessy

Dog Bite (Range 1, Attack 1)
If Seanessy is engaged at the start of his turn and does not move, after his normal attack he can attack one more time.

We've used these figures for a while but I'm willing to change points costs...What would you place on them?

Last edited by AMIS; September 11th, 2014 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Thanks Ixe, We use these guys but the wording should be clearer!
Old January 24th, 2015, 04:43 PM

The monster is created.

Last edited by AMIS; January 24th, 2015 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Lightning and thunder abound!
Old January 24th, 2015, 04:58 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Yowza he's slow, but very thematic. If your dead set about the unit's capabilities, try dropping his cost to around 50. Weaknesses abound, his main use will be a bodyguard, and most units would rather have Izumis. At 10 points fewer, one could make an argument that a ton of Life makes a decent alternative to 3 figures.

Its ok Frankie, I murmer and groan when I wake up too...

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 24th, 2015, 07:41 PM

Cost dropped.

Yes I'm more about theme and aesthetics than anything else.

Last edited by AMIS; January 24th, 2015 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Up until you see how I dress.
Old January 26th, 2015, 04:54 PM

The Monster
Interesting hero. He's a slugger for melee but is night useless against range. Pretty much every single unit can kite him. Fire weakness is not terribly well defined but it's easy enough to suss out for a custom and whatever house rules you want to lay down. He's very map dependent since on more than a few maps out there he can be trapped on one side of the field while range picks away at him. Backlash is otherwise an interesting version of counterstrike that again makes him tough against melee. I can definitely see him being fun in the right context.
Old February 14th, 2015, 11:10 AM

Drunken Master added.

Last edited by AMIS; February 14th, 2015 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Not a self portrait!
Old February 19th, 2015, 12:05 PM

Drunken Master
This guy seems like an interesting one-off hero. He's got decent stats for his price and the potential of multi-attacking is always good, although you have to be careful about where you place him. He's hardly a leader for the Shaolin Monks, however, nor does he particularly feel a good fit for Ullar. If pressed, I'd say Utgar would take on the disgraced. His drinking downside won't come up too often so it is more thematic than anything. It would be cool if he got a little upside from drinking. Maybe an extra attack die or some such. Cool idea for a hero.
Old February 19th, 2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Drunken Master
This guy seems like an interesting one-off hero. He's got decent stats for his price and the potential of multi-attacking is always good, although you have to be careful about where you place him. He's hardly a leader for the Shaolin Monks, however, nor does he particularly feel a good fit for Ullar. If pressed, I'd say Utgar would take on the disgraced. His drinking downside won't come up too often so it is more thematic than anything. It would be cool if he got a little upside from drinking. Maybe an extra attack die or some such. Cool idea for a hero.
I like that idea...possibly an extra attack die for that turn. Let me ponder that!

Last edited by AMIS; February 19th, 2015 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Could be on a 20 on the d20...hmmmmm

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards