Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old December 15th, 2014, 08:01 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: X-Wing

Fantasy Flight announced Store Championship locations the other day. There looks to be at least 4 in Nebraska Im going to attempt to make it to.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed...&esem=2&epmi=s

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old December 15th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
Fantasy Flight announced Store Championship locations the other day. There looks to be at least 4 in Nebraska Im going to attempt to make it to.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed...&esem=2&epmi=s
Are there dates somewhere? Gotta take my double shuttle, Decimator out for a spin!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old December 15th, 2014, 10:10 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Gotta take my double shuttle, Decimator out for a spin!
How has that gone, by the way?

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old December 15th, 2014, 10:19 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I dont see any dates on the FFG page. Im guessing we'll have to check with each location when they will be running the event. Ill post any info I can find.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old December 15th, 2014, 10:49 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Gotta take my double shuttle, Decimator out for a spin!
How has that gone, by the way?
Don't know yet. Decimator and Outrider got held up by my Imperial Assualt preorder. But those all shipped today!!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old December 17th, 2014, 12:06 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

This Friday is an upcoming 100 point, 60 minute round tourney. Thinking 3x PS 1 Defenders with 3x Stealth Device, or 7 Academy Ties and a PS 2 Bomber. Ugh, I really, really want to fly 3 Defenders but it's just not going to win, so swarm it is.

Everyone is playing turreted large ships since wave 5 in my area. Guaranteed win against any Decimater builds, and I have a good chance against Fat Falcon and Fat YT-2400 lists. I shouldn't have to deal with many Phantoms, which would counter this. Since paper is out of the picture, I can use rock unfettered. God damn Fantasy Flight's refusal to errata cards, Phantom is stupid broken and just encourages you to fly dumb turret lists.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old December 17th, 2014, 07:37 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Since paper is out of the picture, I can use rock unfettered. Curse Fantasy Flight's refusal to errata cards, Phantom is stupid broken and just encourages you to fly dumb turret lists.
If you wanted a satisfying win, you would just win with sharper scissors. For variety's sake, they should just add a maximum ship number to prevent swarms at some tournaments, similar to Heroscape tournaments. Maybe they have, but I haven't been in the tournament scene since my first tournament, in which I defeated Tie Swarms in every round with a 3 X-Wing list and then promptly retired undefeated.

I can't wait to try out the wave 5 stuff, but will have to for at least 9 more days.
Old December 17th, 2014, 12:20 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Apparently there is an 8 ship limit. 8 ships is the max possible for 100 points anyways, but after suggesting 10 TIEs for a 120 point list I was told there is a 10 ship limit. Apparently it's in an FAQ somewhere, the person who told me was unable to find it though.

I feel like swarms do counter large ships, but it's more of a soft counter than supercharged Phantom builds are against swarms, or high PS turrets are against Phantoms. Maybe if Advanced Cloaking Device didn't allow the Phantom to both fire and cloak anyways you wouldn't have to build lists specifically to counter it.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old December 17th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Man, your Phantom players must roll some amazing dice - both offensively and defensively, 'cuz they die like hot cakes down here. Course, maybe if we flew them better...

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old December 18th, 2014, 02:07 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

The thing starts off at 2 agility. Then as an action it either evades or focuses. It then fires, getting itself a target lock with Fire Control System. If it misses, Gunner goes off and the target lock is spent on the second attack since you've probably hit with your 4 or typically 5 dice by now you get a free focus if you're playing Echo. A new target lock is acquired after the second gunner attack. It then recloaks with advanced cloaking device because a ship with 4 base attack and essentially 4 base defense and the best combination of upgrade slots isn't overpowered at all.

So, that's 2 base agility + 2 cloak agility + probably another agility from range 3 or an asteroid. 4-5 agility with both a focus and an evade token is impenetrable. Not that you'll ever get a chance to get it in your arc anyways. What will happen is that you'll get a shot through and plink a shield off the thing and that's all the damage you'll get on it.

Old December 18th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

The concerns about the Phantom remind me of this match-up:

Spoiler Alert!
Old December 20th, 2014, 03:11 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed....asp?eidn=5274

Free system upgrades for Vader? All too easy...muahaha!

In all seriousness, FFG needs to stop coming up with excuses to rob me blind. Rebel transport (maybe Tantive?) for Christmas, got my Lambda shuttle and Most Wanted on the way... Hoooo boy.

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures