Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 9th, 2019, 11:26 AM

Iron Clubber is surprisingly tart
Re: Freelance Feedback Focus Group (3FG) - New Thread!

Hi guys, hoping to get some feedback on the newest incarnation of Athan.

The feedback so far has already highlighted the main issues with this custom, but I ran into a problem I was hoping to have clarified.

It seemed wrong in playtesting that while engaged Athan can destroy an unengaged figure with Fire Manipulation. Was that a misinterpretation of the rules? Should the engagement requirement be written into the power somehow? As I understand it Special Attacks have the same restriction as normal attacks in term of engagement rules (with the exception of maybe Mimring?).

I can't think of another example to compare to Athan on this.
Old November 9th, 2019, 05:34 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Fire manipulation is extremely strong. You get to essential destroy a figure with one life left at a range of 10 max without having to roll for anything. Thematically it seems that he is throwing the fire elemental at another figure and if its one life, the fire elemental sits on its space. I would bring the range in a bit. 10 spaces is alot of range. I would make it a special attack much like the wolves of badru pounce special attack. Then your pricing would be a bit better as well. You should put an "a" instead of an "an" right before 15 or higher on the second ability. Also, if this guy just summons fire he should be at least as good as kurrok for just fire thematically I think. There are my pennies. I hope that helps.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 10th, 2019, 08:18 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Fire manipulation is extremely strong. You get to essential destroy a figure with one life left at a range of 10 max without having to roll for anything. Thematically it seems that he is throwing the fire elemental at another figure and if its one life, the fire elemental sits on its space. I would bring the range in a bit. 10 spaces is a lot of range. I would make it a special attack much like the wolves of badru pounce special attack. Then your pricing would be a bit better as well. You should put an "a" instead of an "an" right before 15 or higher on the second ability. Also, if this guy just summons fire he should be at least as good as Kurrok for just fire thematically I think. There are my pennies. I hope that helps.

I thing you misread the power. It is a 5 range power, as both the elemental and the chosen space/figure have to be in the 5 range of Athanasios. (and not 5 from each other)

Such design would need a lot of playtestings, as the free special move for a fire elemental opens a lot of doors. Might be okay, but could also become quickly overpowered.

Just a few cases (I don't judge if those are flaws/too powerful or useless, just to give a quick non-exhaustive list):

- You can teleport a fire elemental 20 levels above, on a fortress wall for instance (and probably destroying a squad ranged figure)
- You can move your fire elemental to engage a key opponent figures, ignoring any blocking figure.

- Even better if you engage an opponent figure by killing an adjacent squad one.
- as is, you can go to occupy a glyph (you don't say "an unoccupied space")

Of course, the main difficulty of this figure (and that could be the key point to balance him) is that when you play him, you can either move a fire elemental (and him) or use one of them as a fire blast. So your map occupation will be close to nothing. Consequently you would probably need to use it with Kurrok so that he moves the elementals and then you play either Kurrok or Athanasios following your needs, knowing that Athanasios could do pretty lethal/game changing moves.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; October 15th, 2021 at 02:23 PM.
Old November 16th, 2019, 12:57 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Going to Jamaica on 12/1. Will be testing the following:

Also going to test a version of Rania with 3/3 Attack/Defense and limiting Inspire 17 to followers of Ullar. What do you think of these, and at how many points would you cost them?

P.S.: Is Ullar's Light too strong as is? Thinking of giving the movement bonus only on 3rd OM or end of Round.

Old November 23rd, 2019, 02:52 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

After a little back and forth with Bigga and Dad, I'm tentatively presenting (still in flux and wurdz to be fixed) the latest drafts of Demetria and Rania. They are significantly better than as first conceived.

DEMETRIA REYJYRE

General Utgar

Unique Hero
Species Undead
Class Warrior
Personality Terrifying

Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 3

Points ???

LIFE DRAIN
Each time Demetria destroys a figure with her normal attack, you may remove a wound from this Army Card. Demetria cannot Life Drain destructible objects.

SONIC SWORD SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4, Attack 3
Choose a space within 4 clear sight spaces of Demetria, and 2 spaces adjacent to the chosen space. All figures on those spaces are affected by Sonic Sword Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures.

ENSLAVE 17
When revealing an order marker on Demetria, after taking Demetria's turn, you may choose any Unique Hero figure within 4 spaces of Demetria. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All order markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.

RANIA REYJYRE

General Ullar

Unique Hero
Species Elf
Class Warlord
Personality Valiant

Size Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points ???

ULLAR'S LIGHT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1, Attack 3
When Rania attacks with Ullar's Light, add an additional Attack die for each friendly figure within 2 spaces of her, to a maximum of +3 Attack dice.

ULLAR BATTLE CRY
After Rania wounds an opponent's figure, you may move 3 squad figures you control who follow Ullar up to 3 spaces each.

Old October 5th, 2021, 03:22 PM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Bump. Anyone still active in this thread?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards