Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old September 13th, 2016, 10:09 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Robber's maps: Hephaestus 9/13/16

I'd pass it off for our ruins of valhalla tournament. It needs to make the top ten by us three judges, but ultimately it will be up to a site wide survey to make the win. Uncapped pillars are awesome. All the LOS blocking, none of the height advantage.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 16th, 2017, 08:49 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Robber's maps: Volcarren Paradise 9/13/16

Map: Volcarren Paradise HSC file
Requirements: 1 SotM, 1 TJ, 1 VW.
Date uploaded: 1/16/17
Tournament Use: None

I plan on submitting this to the Wilds of Valhalla contest after more playtesting and writing a backstory.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for this map, or requests for my second Wilds of Valhalla map!

-RJ
Old January 17th, 2017, 12:59 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Initially, I like it. The low ground will make for quick games, and the high ground is spattered with lava. my only concern looking at the map would be the placement of the molten lava. I really like how it makes you have to weave your units through the map...but my only concern would be those spaces also creating choke points too easily. That said...they're creating choke points on top of lava...so I don't know that it would last very long anyway. I like it though...and some playtesting would probably reveal whether or not it would be an issue.

Also...in your OP you can add that Hephaestus was used in the Idaho NHSD (Ruins of Valhalla) and you can also add that Derelict Ramparts was used in the Utah NHSD (Wasatch Warfare).

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old January 17th, 2017, 10:06 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Date uploaded: 1/17/17

An update to Volcarren Paradise. I messed with a bit of the height and removed the glyphs to help get rid of a few choke points. The remaining choke points are fine, especially due to the lava field.

To replace the glyphs and encourage use of the center of the map, I added a special rule involving the central 4 water tiles:

At the end of each round, for each figure standing in one of the four central water tiles, its controller may roll a 20-sided dice.

On a 1-8, nothing happens.

On a 9 to 14, pick a hero figure within 3 clear sight spaces. You may remove one wound marker from it.

On a 15 to 17, pick a hero figure within 6 clear sight spaces. You may remove one wound marker from it.

On a 18 to 19, pick a hero figure within 6 clear sight spaces. You may remove up to two wound markers from it.

On a 20, pick a hero figure within 6 clear sight spaces. You may remove up to three wound markers from it.
Old January 28th, 2017, 02:17 PM
Promising Cartographer

Re: Robber's maps: Volcarren Paradise 1/28/2017

Date uploaded: 1/28/17

A relatively new volcanic island off the coast of the Volcarren Wasteland. Lush tropical terrain covers the surface, and vegetation and wildlife flourish. Hot springs are common due to the island's volcanic origins, their waters warm, crystal-clear and rejuvenating. The air is thick and humid, almost unnaturally so. It is rumored that certain spots on the island are full of wild magic, but this is only speculation.

I made a lot of updates to Volcarren Paradise. I made it easier to move around the central 4 water tiles. I also moved four of the jungle tiles to the center of the map. This was my original intention when I thought up the map, but I didn't like having them next to the level 3 lava field tiles. Playtesting and a few design tweaks reassured me that this wasn't as big of a deal as I originally thought.

The biggest change was rearranging the entire first level to use tiles more efficiently and change the structure of the starting zone. The starting zone has more swamp water, but it is easier overall to leave the starting zone and move towards the center of the map.

Note that the special rules for the 4 central water tiles from the previous post still apply. They're available in the PDF.

I switched to google docs for uploading my files. Let me know if you can't download the map.

I hope you enjoy playing on it!
Old February 13th, 2017, 12:49 PM
Promising Cartographer

Re: Robber's maps: Misty Steppe 2/13/2017

Map: Misty Steppe HSC file
Requirements: 1 RotV, 1 RttFF
Date uploaded: 2/13/17

Old February 13th, 2017, 04:36 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Robber's maps: Misty Steppe 2/13/17

I like the simplicity...looks like a fun map for quick, bloody games.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 13th, 2017, 07:38 PM
Promising Cartographer

Thanks! It's definitely a bit different from what I normally put together.

If anyone has any suggestions, let me know! I plan on revising the map more. If anyone has ideas for where to put the ruins without them being obstructions, the map could definitely use the LoS blockers
Old February 13th, 2017, 07:48 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

You could always just put the ruins in the SZs.
Old February 14th, 2017, 10:53 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ruins in the start zones would help shield players from OM1 blows, which are possible on such a compact map. Though I note your clever use of height and the large tree make it difficult for such an attack to be executed by things that don't fly.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 14th, 2017, 01:57 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I notice on Misty Steppe the possibilities of a ranged special from dragon or flying figures could bomb the enemy start zone on OM 1. Also figures that don't fly that have range 8 or greater can hit the enemy start zone on OM 1. Putting in the ruins would indeed limit the damage done here on OM 1. The map looks pretty fun. I like more compact maps for quick bloody battles, but should have enough LOS blockers to keep it more balanced for melee or non flying. I really liked your volcarren paradise, I'm sad that it was not able to be used in the tourney. I'll probably build it tonight for some HOSS unit testing if possible. I plan on getting in games on all the contest maps to see how they are.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 14th, 2017, 04:22 PM
Promising Cartographer

I think that ruins in the starting zone are a great idea. I didn't consider their usefulness for defending against starting zone bombs. I'll have a later version uploaded with ruins in the starting zone and a few other changes once I can play a couple games on it.

Edit: I'm also slowly uploading nicer images of my maps and moving the download locations / HSC files to google drive

Last edited by Robber; February 14th, 2017 at 04:55 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios