Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old November 13th, 2010, 05:31 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker
New Mordru Custom + Asgardian Destroyer + Mr. Mxyzptlk

With almost every custom being 430 Points or Below, I figured that we needed more, higher point units that can take on teams by themselves.

Mordru

My Newest Custom is Mordru, 1 of the Baddest Magic Users in the DC Universe. The card has a little more text than probably ideal but in playtesting made for some interesting decisions in regards to when to use spells and how aggressively they should be used.

Asgardian Destroyer

Here is the Asgardian Destroyer. The Asgardian Destroyer is a Team Wrecker, and I think this custom represents both its destructive force and its almost impenetrabe defense.

Mr. Mxyzptlk

Here is a custom that I have been working on. I see a few other players have made versions of Mr. Mxyzptlk. While their versions all have him very low in points/power, I wanted to make one that would represent both his unpredictable tricks and his incredible power as one of DC's strongest entities.

PLAYTESTS

So far I have been Playtesting him against 4 Different Armies.

Army 1: Super Man, Green Lantern (Hal), Flash

Army 2: Bat Man, Iron Man, Spider Man

Army 3: Professor X, Deadpool, Wolverine, Jean, Nightcrawler

Army 4: Anti Monitor

**So far I have found the piece fun to play. His 5-D ability can be strong or weak and gives the feeling of the character and his unpredictability. His annoyance power scales well and makes one consider whether to attack with their stronger or weaker character.

Early Results

He had a winning record against Army 1 although partly because his powers counter Hal extremely well.

He went 2-1 vs Army 2 that is only 600 Points. In the loss he killed Iron Man very quickly, only to see Spider Man and Bat Man take him down by themselves (Spider Man had 2 lives left, Bat Man had 1 Left)

He does pretty well vs the X Men if he can take out Wolverine fairly quickly. Otherwise Wolverine can wound him pretty consistently.

His powers make him a pretty good match for the Anti Monitor athough he needs his annoyance power to reliably work against the Anti Monitor's high attack value.

Last edited by Devil's Advocate; April 14th, 2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old November 15th, 2010, 05:10 AM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker
Re: Mr. Mxyzptlk Custom

I just wanted to thank the individual for making the card for me, I think it looks great and beats my typed out version lol
Old November 15th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

That's a great looking card, Devil's Advocate. Whoever created that card for you did an excellent job. He looks great. I would think that his cost would be that high, but I'll let your playtests decide that.
Old March 5th, 2011, 07:58 PM
has been BANNED

Here is an amusing although odd message that I received regarding this figure:

"1100 pts?....looks like you're trolling to me"

Not sure if they mean it should be higher or lower. Not sure why people are not more specific in comments. I suspect they think the Points are too high which runs contrary the playtest results.

For example, put him up against the Anti Monitor, an X Men Team, or the Fantastic 4 and he should more than hold his own despite the possibliy deceptive stats.
Old March 5th, 2011, 09:13 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really like what you've done with him! It seems you've really gone to some trouble to make him unpredictable and dangerous at the same time, which fits perfectly.

I wish his Toon Resistance had a different name. I find it jarring, because I like to try to imagine these are real battles going on or at least a sort of real depiction of what would happen if the battle did take place. Maybe it's just me.

I hope I can playtest him one day, though I haven't played too much Marvelscape as of yet.
Old March 5th, 2011, 09:22 PM
has been BANNED

Yeah, if you do ever let me know how it goes, I find his unpredictability to be enjoying. The Toon Resistance name I wasn't entirely sure what to name since technically he is more of an Imp.

The 5 Life/5 Defense initially seems very killable to people but with the chance to make enemies attack themselves instead of him and the never taking more than 1 wound per OM, in my experiences he has been quite durable.
Old March 7th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
Yeah, if you do ever let me know how it goes, I find his unpredictability to be enjoying. The Toon Resistance name I wasn't entirely sure what to name since technically he is more of an Imp.

The 5 Life/5 Defense initially seems very killable to people but with the chance to make enemies attack themselves instead of him and the never taking more than 1 wound per OM, in my experiences he has been quite durable.
What about something like Master Troublemaker or Fifth Dimension Power?

I think you have him costed close to what he should be worth, but with a figure of this power level, you can only be sure by testing him out.
Old March 7th, 2011, 06:24 PM
has been BANNED

Yeah, I'll think about changing the name.

I have playtested him a pretty good amount, usually either against the Anti Monitor or groups of the Justice League (like a Flash, Super Man, Bat Man, Green Lantern Team) or X Men (Xavier, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Cyclops).

He probably could be priced even at 1200 or so but I have kept it at 1100 since almost most people comment that he is very overpriced when they see it since initially he looks fragile.
Old March 7th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
He probably could be priced even at 1200 or so but I have kept it at 1100 since almost most people comment that he is very overpriced when they see it since initially he looks fragile.
Don't get stuck by people's first impression, if they judge a card without studying it as a whole, then they shouldn't be commenting on customs IMHO. The only way to critique a card is by looking at then entire thing and knowing how it works.
Old March 7th, 2011, 07:15 PM
has been BANNED

I'm also partly waiting to see if anyone else's playtests suggest raising it or lowering it. He is strongest against expensive Heroes and weakest against large teams.

Later today I plan on running a Mxyzptlk and Asgardian Destroyer army vs an Anti Monitor and Sinestro army to see who wins.
Old March 7th, 2011, 07:30 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

...No idea who this guy is

However, it appears that you missed a space in his last power.
Old March 7th, 2011, 07:32 PM
has been BANNED

In DC Comics Mxyzptlk is 1 of the strongest characters in existence but spends most of the time goofing around since he could just destroy reality with a snap of his fingers if he wanted.

Yeah, actually the person who made the card for me did but after a few revisions I didn't want to pester him 1 last time about adding the space lol.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations