Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old October 17th, 2010, 07:38 AM

yoyomansizzle Woo who?
Re: Heroes of 'Scape (RPG)

Im interested a lot in this game, I have been trying to make my own rpg for scape for the longest time but yours seems a lot better! I want a drow arachnomancer but I dont like how you transform into a spider, I would rather have abilities targeted to spiders.
For ex.

Spider Bonding
Before taking a turn with Arachnomancer you may take a turn with any spiders you control.

Spider Enhancement 1
Any spiders withing 3 spaces gain 1 additional attack.

I hope I was some help with this class because like I said I envision an Arachnomancer controlling spiders not turning into one
Edit: I forgot to mention an Idea to make an Assassin class inspired by Mika Connour.

Last edited by yoyomansizzle; October 17th, 2010 at 09:42 AM.
Old October 17th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyomansizzle View Post
Im interested a lot in this game, I have been trying to make my own rpg for scape for the longest time but yours seems a lot better! I want a drow arachnomancer but I dont like how you transform into a spider, I would rather have abilities targeted to spiders.
For ex.

Spider Bonding
Before taking a turn with Arachnomancer you may take a turn with any spiders you control.

Spider Enhancement 1
Any spiders withing 3 spaces gain 1 additional attack.

I hope I was some help with this class because like I said I envision an Arachnomancer controlling spiders not turning into one
Edit: I forgot to mention an Idea to make an Assassin class inspired by Mika Connour.
Thanks for your interest, but your ideas already exist.

Summon Arachnids 1:
At the start of the game place 3 Fyorlag Spiders in this figure's start zone. These figures are now under your control.

Lolth's Judgement Aura 1:
All Arachnids within 6 clear sight spaces add 1 die to their attack.

Turning into a spider is by no means required, but for those who like the concept can do it. In the same way, some players may not want to control spiders, they don't have to by those abilties listed above. If you know anything about Arachnomancers, that's actually their signiture ability to turn into a spider.

If you have any more ideas based on controlling spiders to add onto what's already there, I'd be happy to listen. I'll try thinking of some myself.

And the assassin is just a Human Rogue. Mika Connour is actually the figure that is tied with Human Rogue, and all the Assassin-like special powers are found in the Rogue Class.
Old October 17th, 2010, 03:35 PM

Takanuva has disabled reputation

I played this with a group last night, and it was amazing. The game was incredibly streamlined and played quickly without having to keep checking the rules. Also, it seemed incredibly well-balanced, without any one heroe being far stronger than any of the others. My only complaint with this is that it seems to short having the maximum level be 4, but I'm planning to just have players that reach level four get a new first level adventurer in addition to their higher level one.

I do have one question though-Does the dragon race have a class? I couldn't find any.

Last edited by Takanuva; October 17th, 2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old October 17th, 2010, 04:13 PM

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takanuva View Post
My only complaint with this is that it seems to short having the maximum level be 4
There are two reasons I set such a low cap. The first reason is that that the time and experience required to reach that cap is actually higher than it used to be in Evolution of a Hero. There are less levels, but it takes more experience to level up each time. The second reason is because by Level 4 the Heroes are very powerful. To make them any more powerful would quickly make them invincible against anything but other Heroes.
Quote:
...but I'm planning to just have players that reach level four get a new first level adventurer in addition to their higher level one.
From the group of people I usually play with, they all have anywhere from 2-4 Heroes that they either switch in and out at different times or play two of them at once. Making more than one Hero is encouraged
Quote:
I do have one question though-Does the dragon race have a class? I couldn't find any.
Dragon shouldn't have been a Race on your Game Guide. Did you mean Dragonborn? Dragonborn can be a Champion or a Paladin, but only after starting as a Human.
Old October 17th, 2010, 04:21 PM

yoyomansizzle Woo who?

Do you mind If i post a full batrep of my third room in my dungeon for my adventurers? I would've made more but only thought of it at the beginning of the third room. and I give this game 5 thumbs up!
Edit: My bad for not reading all the arachnomacer's powers before posting :\

<3 Rhogar, Mika, and Sonlen <3
Old October 17th, 2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyomansizzle View Post
Do you mind If i post a full batrep of my third room in my dungeon for my adventurers? I would've made more but only thought of it at the beginning of the third room. and I give this game 5 thumbs up!
Edit: My bad for not reading all the arachnomacer's powers before posting :\
Go for it! Just make sure to put it into a spoiler, please. And no problem about not catching those powers. There are a lot of them to read, so I understand.
Old October 17th, 2010, 04:29 PM

yoyomansizzle Woo who?

How do you put it into a spoiler? Im new to this site lol :\

Old October 17th, 2010, 04:30 PM

Takanuva has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 View Post
Quote:
Dragon shouldn't have been a Race on your Game Guide. Did you mean Dragonborn? Dragonborn can be a Champion or a Paladin, but only after starting as a Human.
The first race listed in the game guide is dragon:

Quote:
DRAGON:
Flying‐ When counting spaces for this figure, ignore elevations. This figure
may, fly over water without stopping, fly over figures without becoming
engaged, and fly over obstacles without stopping. When this figure starts to
fly, it will take any leaving engagement attacks.
Majestic Beast‐ This figure cannot hold any items or equipment. This figure
may not collect gold. Any gold collected by this figure is distributed to friendly
Heroes equally.
Was that not supposed to be there?
Old October 17th, 2010, 04:36 PM

yoyomansizzle Woo who?

But he's talking about Dragon Born not an actual dragon.

Old October 17th, 2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The first race listed in the game guide is dragon:

Quote:
DRAGON:
Flying‐ When counting spaces for this figure, ignore elevations. This figure
may, fly over water without stopping, fly over figures without becoming
engaged, and fly over obstacles without stopping. When this figure starts to
fly, it will take any leaving engagement attacks.
Majestic Beast‐ This figure cannot hold any items or equipment. This figure
may not collect gold. Any gold collected by this figure is distributed to friendly
Heroes equally.
Was that not supposed to be there?
No, no its not. Oops Well there's a little teaser for you guys for the Misfit Fantasy Expansion

By the way, a recreation of Battle 2 has been posted to my blog. I'm actually a bit behind because I just had Battle 6 last night. You'll have to wait for the blog entry to get the full battle report, but it went a little something like this
Spoiler Alert!
Old October 17th, 2010, 04:51 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
I believe the champion went something like this:

Level 1: Dying Swipe 1.
Level 2: Dying Swipe 2 and One Shield Defense.
Level 3: Heavy Defense 2 and I can't remember what else.
That's an interesting choice for your first skill, was your Hero dying that much? You must have found it somewhat useful if you leveled up the skill.

Heh. I was mainly trying to get everyone attacking me, and ignoring my brothers wizard. Because my defense rolls are so unpredictable, I figured that I should get the skill, so that if I die, I can take everyone surrounding me down as well. Noticing that I was seriously gunning for heavy defense abilities? Those were to augment my usually poor defense rolls.

BTW: Remembered what the other skill I got at lvl 3 was. I believe it was Giant Killer.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old October 17th, 2010, 05:07 PM

yoyomansizzle Woo who?

Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions