Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old January 7th, 2015, 08:54 PM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker
NUN's Somewhat Competitive Maps (Some VS)

Most of the time when I play 'scape I'll find a map in the downloads since I lacked the skills to make a semi-competitve map. Now-a-days after reading this thread, I've learned a thing or two and feel comfortable throwing my own maps together every once in awhile. I have a Mac so I can't use VirtualScape to show you guys these maps.

Note: The reason I started this thread is to show some maps I am quite proud of. I hope you guys, who are excellent map makers, can help me tune up my map making game. Also, I will apologize in advance... My names for the maps are lame and uncreative.

Terrain I own:
I think 5x RoTV (1 First Edition with the pretty sparkly water, my first set to be exact)
2x SoTM
1 Bftu
2 VW
1 TJ
5 Rttff
1 TT

Highways and Dieways Three-Way
Spoiler Alert!

Armoc Marsh
Spoiler Alert!

Three-Way Lava Map
Spoiler Alert!

Awesome Bunched Up Forest of Ye Olden Times
Spoiler Alert!

BoV Remix (Still Up)
Spoiler Alert!

Feel free to ask for more pictures if you would like as long as it says (Still Up) next to the title.

Last edited by Not User Name; March 4th, 2015 at 02:20 AM.
Old January 8th, 2015, 02:00 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: NUN's Somewhat Competitive Maps (no VS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not User Name View Post
I have a Mac so I can't use VirtualScape to show you guys these maps.
I think @Typhon2222 uses a Mac; might want to shoot him a pm to see what he does, if he doesn't chime in here first.

Quote:
Pathing: This map seemed so cool in my head, until I was done. I knew as soon as I finished it would be a clog fest.
It looks cool laid out, too, but yeah, clogfest to the extreme. A couple easy ways to lighten the load would be to remove the battlements (at least the ones around the water in the central area) and to spread the glyphs out. Road's going to draw a lot of attention on it's own, no need to bring more focus there, but the edges of maps often suffer.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old January 9th, 2015, 12:03 AM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
I have a Mac so I can't use VirtualScape to show you guys these maps.
I think @Typhon2222 uses a Mac; might want to shoot him a pm to see what he does, if he doesn't chime in here first.

Quote:
Pathing: This map seemed so cool in my head, until I was done. I knew as soon as I finished it would be a clog fest.
It looks cool laid out, too, but yeah, clogfest to the extreme. A couple easy ways to lighten the load would be to remove the battlements (at least the ones around the water in the central area) and to spread the glyphs out. Road's going to draw a lot of attention on it's own, no need to bring more focus there, but the edges of maps often suffer.
I put the only height on the edges of the map to be an incentive to venture to the outskirts. I actually put the battlements there more for looks, so they could easily be removed. The three glyphs could be placed by the low ground by the height.

Thanks for the help, I've read some of your posts in this forum and greatly appreciate your input in other places too.
Old January 9th, 2015, 09:03 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

It looks like they're a lot easier to play on than the psycho maps I tend to build lol.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 10th, 2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
It looks like they're a lot easier to play on than the psycho maps I tend to build lol.
Hahaha do you get carried away sometimes and build 30 levels up?
Old January 10th, 2015, 02:35 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Hahaha do you get carried away sometimes and build 30 levels up?
I believe our highest record was in the 40s.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old January 10th, 2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Is that a game that takes 3-6 rounds before you even see an engagement?

Almost every map I made used to have a giant hill in the middle. Oh, and I used bridges to connect my mountains.
Old January 10th, 2015, 02:45 PM
I could go

Quote:
Quote:
Is that a game that takes 3-6 rounds before you even see an engagement?
That's where Bahamut comes in.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old January 10th, 2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:

Um. wat?
Old January 10th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The lava map looks cool, and should play pretty well. As a general rule when building 3+ player maps, however, I try to avoid pathing directly between start zones without first routing traffic through the center of the board. In FFAs, allowing people to avoid the center of the board will often enable a 2v1 to emerge, or sometimes enable one player to turtle.

Those roads you've made are a cool way to divide the start zones whilst keeping each individual zone whole. However, I'd be careful of the potential they create for side battles. Playing Kill to your Left or scoring by points killed may help to obviate unbalanced 3-player battles.
Old January 10th, 2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El T View Post
The lava map looks cool, and should play pretty well. As a general rule when building 3+ player maps, however, I try to avoid pathing directly between start zones without first routing traffic through the center of the board. In FFAs, allowing people to avoid the center of the board will often enable a 2v1 to emerge, or sometimes enable one player to turtle.

Those roads you've made are a cool way to divide the start zones whilst keeping each individual zone whole. However, I'd be careful of the potential they create for side battles. Playing Kill to your Left or scoring by points killed may help to obviate unbalanced 3-player battles.
When we played on this map it was almost more beneficial to go across the lava to remain on height. I too thought that it could end up with a clog on both sides of a start zone, but like I said before, that middle can be overcome faster than you think.
Old January 10th, 2015, 10:30 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:

Um. wat?
It's a custom he made with "Instead of moving, you place this huge dragon anywhere on the map where he fits."

Oops, rolled a 1.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios