Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 23rd, 2007, 01:19 PM

HeroscaperHuh has disabled reputation
Favorite/Least Favorite Special Power

What is your Favorite/Least Favorite Special Power and why?

Favorite: Tor-Kul-Na's Stomp (great idea and rolling an 8 is a fair number)
Least Favorite: Braxas Poison Acid Breathe (it's broken, even if I still use her)

Before you criticize some one, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away and have their shoes.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 01:23 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Special Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroscaperHuh
What is your Favorite/Least Favorite Special Power and why?

Favorite: Tor-Kul-Na's Stomp (great idea and rolling an 8 is a fair number)
Least Favorite: Braxas Poison Acid Breathe (it's broken, even if I still use her)

Braxas is not teh brokeness IMO, he can easly be killed with krug, or range.

Braxas is the ultimate counter to the minions of []wnage. i've taken her out with one or two small heros also, as long as you get the first strike on her.

You could also take the easy way out and pick Jotun, my favorite heavy hitter. (Hot lava death )

Charos would be an excellent counter to Braxas. you may not make "profit" by spending less points than 210 points to kill braxas, but still.

BTW, my favorite special power is deadly strike. Minions FTW, and maybe Omnicrons.

my least favorite power is the drop. The airborne, IMO, are teh brokeness.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 10:52 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Boring answer is "Counter-Strike": it is undoubtedly one of the most potent abilities and when my opponent's figures have it, it totally alters the way I play the game because Counter-Strike scares me.

Better answer is Morsbane's "Rod of Negation". Seeing your opponent's face when you negate Cyprien and Raelin in the same game is a HS moment you will forever cherish.

PS. Frenzying will also always be fun, whether it ultimately accomplishes anything or not. I've killed Lord Esenwein that way too, come to think of it.
Old November 24th, 2007, 12:11 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
Jotun's Throw because it's cool. You can rearrange figure formation while cocking the Wild Swing.

Sharp Shooter...you don’t get to move and you have to roll a 20 to make it work. It's a bad turn marker investment for me. Deadeye Dan's Rifle Enhancement is a great ability though.

Old November 24th, 2007, 12:42 AM

moorific is surprisingly tart
Rod of Negation definitely wins in my book, it always seems to do pretty well in my games.

Utgar's Orders is probably the worst (positive) special ability to me, probably because the Minions and Taelord are never drafted in the same game.
Old November 24th, 2007, 01:11 AM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart
Fav-Bonding (in general)- IF you draft an appropriate team bonding can make/brake a game.

Least-(gonna have to agree with Super here) The Drop- Never seen the Airborne used in a tourney army before. Any way if u drop them they are usually to far ahead to get suport and they die easilly then. THen ypu have a 110 point gap at the start.

DeadEye
Old November 24th, 2007, 01:50 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
My favorite is probably Stealth Flying or Throw (thought I wish it had a much higher chance of success). Counter Strike and Double Attack are up there too. Least favorite? Eternal Hatred. Okay, least favorite that I'm not supposed to hate anyway? Climb. I have never seen Climb be useful.
Old November 24th, 2007, 02:09 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
Air drop kicks arse, dude! You just have to position your AE very well. They have 8 range...that's an above average range. There are 4 of them and that would make four attacks with 4 attack dice(3 +1). They can easily kill Nilfhiem and other mosnters if placed properly (especially if you get the highiest initiative roll).

Old November 24th, 2007, 03:07 AM
Best Marvel Role-Player ('07 CoNny Award)

Troll Warrior is surprisingly tart
MIND-SHACKLE is my all time favorite, but only Ne-Gok-Sa's. I am extremely biased against Kee-Mo-Shi's Shackle. First time I ever played 'Scape I Shackled Drake (old version obviously) and Grimnak. With only Gokky left at the end to face off against my opponent's wounded Finn, Gokky came out on top with a final Shackle. I have never had that much luck since, but I nearly always get at least one Shackle in with dear old Gokky.

My least favorite is probably Toxic Skin / Marro Plague. It only ever kills my figures. I had a Hound run up to a group of MacDirks fighting an almost dead Krug (at least I think it was Krug ... it was someone big, mean and green). Each Scotsman proves immune, but Krug topples. The Hound is then torn apart by Alastair as his fellow clansmen rip the other Hounds in two. Not a good game.
Old November 24th, 2007, 11:09 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
First of all, Braxas is a girl dragon. Just had to get that off my chest.

Favorite: Zombies Rise Again; I have literally decimated my cousins with this one ability. It really alters one's opponent's tactics. Once they see the zombies ripping through their front line and regenerating so close to their heroes they have to turn around and cut the zombie population just to survive. This gives you the precious time needed to advance other troops, like having your ranged units take the bridge.

Least Favorite: Zetian Targeting; (excluding anything that has negative effects or is terrain dependent) I like this one the least. It would be better if the Zetian guards were common or a squad of four, or if there were others with this ability. Because there isn't, as soon as one guy dies, the ability is useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old November 24th, 2007, 11:22 AM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker
I agree with guido on the worst ability.

As for my favorite, it's got to be Mimring's fire line special. I've wasted an entire squad of knights and Sir Denrick with it in two turns. It was fun to see the expression on my friends face when he realized that half his army was already gone.

Long live Heroscape.
Old November 24th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Meesa sooo smilen to see'en yousa

Menchy is surprisingly tart
Favorite- Smoke Powder or Engagement Strike
Least Favorite- Utgar's Orders

"Somewhere over the rainbow, there's another rainbow." ~Tobias Funke, Arrested Development

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion