Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:52 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroscape Power Rankings: Complete?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
You're twisting my tone. I'm sure there are others who are good- the best players like mantrain, mattser, spider poison (when he was playing), lone wolf, scraper dude, dok, etc. the list goes on. I think the general community throws aside the Blade Gruts seeing as the Heavies are considered to be better, so why not use the Heavies? Why bother with the Blades?
Aha! Now that's a great question. As a guy who has played a ton with both of them, the Heavies get more love because they're are so much less reliant on the survival of key heroes to be effective. The problem the Blade Gruts run into over and over again is a clever opponent sniping their heroes and pulling the teeth from the Blades. With Heavies, the loss isn't as extreme.

Now the obvious reason to prefer the Blades is that you can get so many more of them and/or get more supporting units. So if you want to add a ranged component or double up on Orc heroes, the Blades are the way to go.

~Aldin, glad ya asked
And I'm glad you answered! Because my argument stems from the fact that often times, it is just as good to have another hero as it is to have beefier stats, because that hero helps to beef up their stats in turn. Not only that, but the heroes beef up each other, as well. Most people underestimate the power of having another hero.

And for the record, I am still not putting down people's skill.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion