Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 15th, 2011, 02:51 AM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Marro View Post
So are we good on maps? No Football tomorrow
Yeah! Excited for tomorrow. Hopefully you get back into your usual beast mode this time.

Should be good times had for all. See you all in the morning.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old October 15th, 2011, 02:52 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
I might be able to bring a whiteboard if it'll fit in h3xtr1p's car, but I wouldn't know until Saturday morning.
Well, I'll have the markers and eraser in my box either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerHusband View Post
I see all snow based BOV maps are going to be there tomorrow. Is the snow going to be normal or heavy. I would recommend normal snow, simply because it will speed up play. Heavy snow also puts 2 hex figures at a large disadvantage.
I believe most maps have which it should be specified but I could be wrong.
IME BoV maps don't generally say ... this comes up every year, pretty much.

Came up with two army ideas, and had them fight a deathmatch to determine which I would field. It was a slaughter. So either my winng army is awesome, or my losing army was really awful. I just need to disassemble the map and pack it up and I guess I'm ready to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 15th, 2011, 10:55 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I see all snow based BOV maps are going to be there tomorrow. Is the snow going to be normal or heavy. I would recommend normal snow, simply because it will speed up play. Heavy snow also puts 2 hex figures at a large disadvantage.
If it doesn't say...then it should be light slnow & normal ice.

Arctic Divide was originally created heavy snow & slippery ice. IMO, the map is simply too brutal with those terrain rules. I have recommended for years that Arctic Dicide be played light snow & normal ice.

Ice Blossom is light & normal.

Sidewinder is heavy snow & normal ice; it says so in the description on the download page and I believe it should be played that way.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; October 15th, 2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old October 15th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Quote:
If it doesn't say...then it should be light slow & normal ice.

Arctic Divide was originally created heavy snow & slippery ice. IMO, the map is simply too brutal with those terrain rules. I have recommended for years that Arctic Dicide be played light snow & normal ice.

Ice Blossom is light & normal.

Sidewinder is heavy snow & normal ice; it says so in the description on the download page and I believe it should be played that way.
Hey, Ry, thanx for popping in. I'll take those recommendations to the group.

For future reference, how do you feel about light snow and slippery ice? That's the only combination I don't see mentioned there ... particularly for Arctic Divide, that seems reasonable. A little bit of slowing down, but not the horrific slowdown of heavy and slippery. I've always thought it wasn't a bad compromise.

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 16th, 2011, 03:16 AM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great game day guys! I got the glorious position of second to last place but had a blast. Haha. Always a blast play with y'all. Lets not be strangers.

[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old October 16th, 2011, 03:50 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Okay, I don't mean to whine about my schedule, but ... I'm going to whine about my schedule.

So my first game is against the guy who came in second (congrats to GamerHusband). So I lost, which was okay--I could have played better and made it a closer game, but honestly I don't think I could have won. So now I get to play someone who lost a game just like me, right?

Except that with 14 people, there were 7 winners, so one winner has to play one loser, chosen at random. And who's the lucky loser? Yeah, it's me. And who's the lucky winner? Well, it's the guy who came in first, of course. (Congrats to CharosInCharge!)

On the plus side, my Strength of Schedule really kicked some ass.

So I finished up near the bottom, but it was still a fun time, and I had even more fun afterwards. We got to play a really cool game called King of Tokyo, and we had what was possibly the most insane game of Munchkin ever, with SIX dungeons active at once, which led to such insanity as everyone being an elf at once (and getting stuck that way), all curses being applied to everyone, and everyone getting gender-changed and everyone having to use a female version of everyone else's name. It was a blast, as always, and SSX had a great time, and I hope we get to do it again real soon.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 16th, 2011, 10:10 AM

SgtHulka has disabled reputation

Sorry I missed it this year.
Old October 16th, 2011, 03:22 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

Thanks to all that participated in yesterday's events. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and worked well with Fuzzyfoot. Looking forward to his updates!

Some items left behind were: a green hex and green marker, believed to belong to Xolti, a purple buttoned shirt, toothpicks, tape and a ziplock bag labeled 'Rise of the Valkyrie Pieces' containing dice, glyphs, wound/order markers. There had been a blue folder containing partial scoring sheets, map plans and rules books but I can't locate it, now. Did someone claim it?

Hope we can do this again before too long!
Old October 16th, 2011, 05:35 PM

D'oh! That's my folder! :/ Luckily I know the rules by heart. Haha. I still hope you find it though. There were some useful things in there.

Old October 17th, 2011, 12:43 AM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

Found it, blue folder, under my stereo speakers.

Also, I want to give recognition to robbdaman for making trophies for places first through 3rd and last place, which I won. He also made about 9 repaints. There was also a booster set that someone donated that I'd like to give recognition to so please come forward, anyone, with that information.
Old October 17th, 2011, 02:00 AM
C3G Strategist

CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby!

GamerHusband brought the booster.

Thanks again to everyone for participating! It was a blast as always! I really hope we get to do it again next year.
Old October 17th, 2011, 05:13 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Came in 5th like last year but had a blast! I want to thank everyone for making this happen! Let's not be strangers. I will try to organize a tournament again next year. Anyone down for scaping on the anniversary of the day scape got canceled? LOL tourney? I want to try out my Agent Skahen :P

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day