Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old December 27th, 2007, 06:00 PM

HeroscaperHuh has disabled reputation
Second Expansion Packaging?

What will the second marvel wave be packaged in? Will it be like a large heroes box?

Before you criticize some one, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away and have their shoes.
Old December 27th, 2007, 06:05 PM

Fatespuppet has disabled reputation
Someone here might actually know, but I thought I'd throw in my hope for it. I hope it is packaged either as 2 groups of 5 figures with some terrain or all 10 with more terrain and a building just like the first master. I love the destructible wall and building bit, but I need some different designs to help create a better street scene.

This is not the path I thought.
This is not the place I sought.
This is not the dream I bought,
just a fever of fate I've caught.
Old December 27th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
If I recall correctly, I think Craig said at GenCon, when I got to chat with him, that they'd come in 2 standard Wave Booster packs.

Could be wrong but I could've sworn that's what he said...
Old December 27th, 2007, 07:28 PM

HS Beast has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang
If I recall correctly, I think Craig said at GenCon, when I got to chat with him, that they'd come in 2 standard Wave Booster packs.

Could be wrong but I could've sworn that's what he said...
You are correct. 2 standard wave booster packs. At around the usual price.

How Beast won the right to be the first X-Man in Marvel Heroscape.
Old December 27th, 2007, 07:29 PM

HS Beast has disabled reputation
Re: Second Expansion Packaging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroscaperHuh
What will the second marvel wave be packaged in? Will it be like a large heroes box?
By the way, why do you want to know? I thought you hated Marvel Heroscape?

How Beast won the right to be the first X-Man in Marvel Heroscape.
Old December 27th, 2007, 11:43 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Yup, it was said to be two packs of heroes. One assumes each will have five figures unless something really screwy goes down.
Old December 28th, 2007, 01:48 AM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Yup, it was said to be two packs of heroes. One assumes each will have five figures unless something really screwy goes down.
I think it will be 4 and 6. Doc Ock takes up at least 2 figs worth of space in a blister. Since nobody can see Invisible Girl, nobody will see her shoved in the other pack and will assume that pack is perfectly fine for shipping to the Americas.

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old January 8th, 2008, 06:22 PM

thestaton has disabled reputation
Is this out in stores yet?

The Beginning is the End is the Beginning.
Old January 8th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestaton
Is this out in stores yet?
No, it's not. Nor has there been much word as to when the sets will be available. Originally, they were slated for December, if I recall correctly.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old January 9th, 2008, 11:09 AM

aerofool Woo who?
After much discussion on other threads (mostly the wave 8 threads in the news section) it is pretty much agreed upon that we will not be seeing any more scape of any kind in stores until March. Now the order of release is unknown, but we're looking at Wave 8 and the next large expansion to come out first, followed by Marvel. Depending on the time span between releases, we may not see any new Marvel expansions until early summer (June?)

Now it has just been stated (again, on another thread) that some Wal-Mart planograms are just showing Marvel and expansions. If this is the case, that leads me to speculate that we may be seeing Marvel expansions first, as early as February. Logic tells me that they would not put any basic scape expansions up if they don't have any basic master sets on display. Then again, this is Wal-Mart we are talking about, so in the end nothing would surprise me.

****! I must be having a bad week!
Old January 28th, 2008, 10:47 PM

thaddeus p whirl has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofool
Now it has just been stated (again, on another thread) that some Wal-Mart planograms are just showing Marvel and expansions. If this is the case, that leads me to speculate that we may be seeing Marvel expansions first, as early as February. Logic tells me that they would not put any basic scape expansions up if they don't have any basic master sets on display. Then again, this is Wal-Mart we are talking about, so in the end nothing would surprise me.
Yeah, I would actually be more surprised if the expansions were for Marvel. I think over in the main Wizards thread in the news section wotcpbarclay stated that the Marvel expansion wasn't as far along as Wave 8 at this time, so it'll probably be awhile before we see it. Even so, I am really glad they are going to continue to support the Marvel line! I think it's a great fun game in and of itself, and I love Marvel!
Old January 29th, 2008, 01:43 PM

Tiak has disabled reputation
I think and Hope that Wizards of the coast taking over Heroscape will mean changes to how the figures are packaged and sold. Large Collectors style sets like X-Men and Avengers, Ect are the way they should be sold.
In packaging like they do for The Star Wars Minis special sets.

"That's a dumb planet! If Someone tries to kill you, You try to kill em right back."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion