Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old June 23rd, 2011, 02:49 AM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Not at Target here yet.... but it really does take a while for the west coast to catch up to the east.
Toys R Us stores in Southern California have had it for a few weeks now. We've got three out of the four sets already and the customization that Aldin cites has been ongoing: regular minifigures have become giants, for example, and all sorts of traps have been added.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 07:10 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Had a gaming bonanza yesterday...

First played several games with Ironman

Heroscape x3: We tested armies for General Wars, had a blast in the last game which was a nice tight one that could have gone either way.

Summoner Wars x1: FK vs. JE - My FK won the war through a brutal attrition

And my first game of The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game - a LCG from FF. It wasa fun co-operative game and I'd to play around with it some more.

Then later family played 7 Wonders during all the Tornado Warnings - I managed to get a good grouping of cards in 4 of the scoring areas to pull a win 57-52-48 and get my second victory.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:04 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
A few more games of MTG: Commander last night. I'm fairly convinced its just strictly better than the normal game. It plays much stronger to the game's legacy of a billion cards and the game gets time to develop in a way that board position and the criminally neglected, big, fun spells hit the table with some regularity. We had a game last night come down to the wire, with a ton of back and forth before I managed to sneak out the win. That really just doesn't happen with the normal 60 card decks.
That's Elder Dragon Legend Highlander right? (I wish Wizards would stop renaming all the damned formats.) That's a really good format, and frankly it's one of the only reasons why I haven't liquidated my magic collection yet (that, and planechase. Now all I need to do is get some EDLH Planechase games in . . .).
Yeah, EDH. Personally, I much prefer the new name. Elder Dragon Highlander doesn't convey the premise very well and tends to turn people off strictly because it sounds even dorkier than Magic already is.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:07 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just wondering, last night ordered sleeves from Mayday for 7 Wonders (love the art but the cards are a little thin). Is Mayday the best or who is? Most games the cards are pretty sturdy (Thunderstone's cards are great for example, while Dominions does get some wear and tear).

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:25 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Mines of Zavandor for the first time. Only had two players so it was just so-so. With 3+ I can see this one being a lot more fun.

-insert signature here-
Old June 23rd, 2011, 11:43 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Just wondering, last night ordered sleeves from Mayday for 7 Wonders (love the art but the cards are a little thin). Is Mayday the best or who is? Most games the cards are pretty sturdy (Thunderstone's cards are great for example, while Dominions does get some wear and tear).
If you already ordered, it's a little late to ask...

I have used the Mayday standard sleeves on my 7W, and they work great (I also use the same ones in a different size for Dominion). I am not a fan of their premium thickness, but only because they tend to significantly increase the height of a stack of cards, and the taller stacks often fall over easier. I don't think there are many other options to get sleeves in the 7W size either (though I know that there are a few companies out there somewhere that make them).

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 11:59 AM
Dr Feelgood

Quote:
Lol, more of a future reference thing :P

Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:45 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post

I have used the Mayday standard sleeves on my 7W, and they work great (I also use the same ones in a different size for Dominion). I am not a fan of their premium thickness, but only because they tend to significantly increase the height of a stack of cards, and the taller stacks often fall over easier. I don't think there are many other options to get sleeves in the 7W size either (though I know that there are a few companies out there somewhere that make them).
I use mayday to sleeve all of my card games. I use the standard sleeves, but never tried thr premium ones. I know Fantasy Flight sells sleeves for many games and they might have it for 7 Wonders (I can't check for you because work blocks FFG).

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old June 23rd, 2011, 04:18 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

picked up claustrophobia and cyclades, SOOOOOO MUCH FUN!
Old June 23rd, 2011, 05:38 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Love Cyclades, can't wait for a big group for that one again.

-insert signature here-
Old June 23rd, 2011, 05:59 PM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

Just got Conquest of Nerath in the mail. The unboxing was certainly fun. What a great insert! Better even than the Castle Ravenloft/Wrath of Ashardalon inserts which were also very good. WotC is really doing a good job producing these board games whether you like the gameplay or not.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old June 23rd, 2011, 11:16 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Today -

7 Wonders - My wife wins AGAIN!

Magdar - First time with this one. My daughter actually won this one.

Dragon Dice - Been working on my Gen Con armies for this one and I really like the Troll / Undead mage army I have going. Though I may adjust it a bit here and there.

Thunderstone

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games