Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old January 31st, 2008, 12:45 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrugKiller
Patience is a virture.
He who hesitates watches Lost.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old January 31st, 2008, 03:03 PM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Quote:
Patience is a virture.
I went to K-Mart at lunch today and the 3 RotV sets that I'd been keeping my eye on... GONE.
Old January 31st, 2008, 03:08 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentX-127
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Quote:
Patience is a virture.
I went to K-Mart at lunch today and the 3 RotV sets that I'd been keeping my eye on... GONE.
Then I guess you're watching Lost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old January 31st, 2008, 03:55 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Because K-mart isn't bizarre enough.....

I go to a K-mart and they have one badly beaten ROTV. No price on it. I take it to customer service and ask them to scan it. They say...."This is no longer in our system and it says I need to return it to the manufacturer, so I can't sell it to you at any price."

Have a nice day!
Old January 31st, 2008, 04:17 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf

I go to a K-mart and they have one badly beaten ROTV. No price on it. I take it to customer service and ask them to scan it. They say...."This is no longer in our system and it says I need to return it to the manufacturer, so I can't sell it to you at any price."

Have a nice day!
Whoa. I can only imagine the look on your face when you were told that. I know if it was me people would've thought my dog died.

Wait, I hate dogs... uh... mmm... that, uh... my favorite show was interrupted by football. Yeah, let's go with that.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old January 31st, 2008, 04:39 PM

Dryden has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf

Have a nice day!
Awesome. There's nothing like tales of people going to a store, finding the item they've been looking for, and then being told they're not allowed to buy it because the store is run poorly.

And piece-by-piece, the picture of why business at KMart and Sears has so horribly turned south in just the past 10 years is made clear. For those that don't know, KMart is owned by Sears Holdings.

Well, I've got one more to add too, as this is indirectly linked to the ineptness of KMart (as if I didn't have enough KMart stories for one week already):

My maternal grandfather passed away in 2003, and grandma in 2006. My wife and I purchased their home, so we do happen to get a piece of junk mail once in a blue moon addressed to them, such as the occasional subscription renewal form for grandpa's National Geographics and Reader's Digests. So, I get home from work last night, and my wife passes me a nondescript white envelope that was delivered yesterday afternoon and addressed to my grandpa. I can tell right away from the feel that the envelope has some sort of plastic membership or charge card in it. I open it up, and there are two brand new, shiny Sears MasterCards for grandma and grandpa, with the stamp "Card member since 1966."

I could've just driven over to Sears and KMart and cleaned both of them out running up several 'Large' on my dead grandpas sterling credit.

But no, I did the right thing and called Sears to explain their error, and then was equally surprised that apparently anyone can call the Sears Credit Department and have random accounts closed without providing proof the account holder is actually deceased.
Old January 31st, 2008, 04:49 PM

jpat is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
KMart's problem is that it's neither fish nor fowl. It's more expensive than Wal-mart but far less presentable than Target.
Old January 31st, 2008, 05:11 PM

Dryden has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpat
KMart's problem is that it's neither fish nor fowl. It's more expensive than Wal-mart but far less presentable than Target.
... and they all smell like urine and have that wonderfully sterile fluorescent glow and buzzing noise from the 50 year old ballasts in the lighting fixtures.
Old January 31st, 2008, 06:28 PM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentX-127
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Quote:
Patience is a virture.
Then I guess you're watching Lost?

I guess so!
Old February 3rd, 2008, 12:05 AM

mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Just picked up the last 7 ROTV at mine for 12 bucks each. 99 cents less than the pack of nakitas sitting next to it.
Old February 3rd, 2008, 12:47 AM

jimd has disabled reputation
Yup, just grabbed the last 2 in Tulsa for $13. I too left the agents sitting there.
But I snagged some zombies at Wal-mart REAL cheap. As soon as they sell on eBay, I'll reveal what I paid!
JimD

Fire Chaplains Walk into the Real Heat of Hell and drag 'em out!
Old February 3rd, 2008, 01:37 AM

Pygon knows what's in an order marker Pygon knows what's in an order marker
I checked my Fenton store. 3 $12 RotV's still there, untouched. I flipped one around on the endcap to show the cool hexes and the dragon figure. Maybe one will sell now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales