Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old December 22nd, 2006, 07:03 PM

auralerogeny is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEF
how do you do the fuzzy letters?

I'm just being stupid. Just take the title of your entry...say "Testing 1 2 3" for example, and select the entire title. You then click on the "Bold" symbol, then click on the "Font Size" and select "Large," Then select "Font Color" and select whatever bright color you wish. It will look like this:

Testing 1 2 3

I'm just being silly about the fuzzy part...just make it obvious that it's your submission, that's the main point.

Click to see more...
Old December 22nd, 2006, 07:29 PM

Braxev has disabled reputation
:P I can make your text fuzzy!

Old December 22nd, 2006, 11:35 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation
This is LongHeroscaper entry for the Meta Map Contest. (DONE.)
There are somethings I would like to say. First, this is a very good contest. With not so many tiles, we need to calculate and move them around a lot to use them as many as possible, yet end up with some decent maps. That is the part I really like .
Second, some maps posted here have flag. With those maps, you can play "kill-them-all" style or "stealing-flag" style. So the flag is not just for decoration. In "stealing-flag" style, the players need to pick up the flag and bring it to the starting zone of their opponent(s).
Third, beside attacking glyph and defensive glyph, the positions and the types of other glyphs are interchangable, or you can play without them. Therefore, in VS files, I put them as unknown glyphs. The glyphs in my VS files are official for my maps.

MAP 1: The Crossing river.
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=390

There are two up-side-down road tiles. They are our boats . We have played this map with and without boats. If it is necessary, I can post additional information about this "boat" setup.

MAP 2: The Cloud Road.
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=395

MAP 3: The Upoint Island.
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=396

This map can be played by 2,3 or 4 players. The moving distance from each corner of the map to the ladder is almost the same, so no sides really have any advantage.

MAP 4: The Islands of Isolation.
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=397

MAP 5: The Crossing-Over bridge.

http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=398

MAP 6: Separatn Land.
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=399

MAP 7: The Evergreen Shore.
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=400

MAP 8: SNOW FLAKE - The coral island.
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=401

This map can be played by 2 or 4 players. With a very few modification, it can be played by 3 or 6 players as well.

MAP 9: Wasure Castle.
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=402

MAP 10: YinYang Land.
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=403

Please notice the name of the map and the bird-view angle photo. This map can be played by 2 or 3 players. I think the 3 player game would be intense because there are only 2 high points, so people need to fight hard for not falling behind.

Finally, the Packing:

Here is the first look:

Here is everything in the box:

Here is everything outside of the box: The white little box is Revdyer's gift. It contains 12 white dice, 1 20-side die, 2 order marker sets, all wound markers, 1 grenade and 1 round marker.

Here is the box: (size 6x6x12 = 432 inch cube: PORTABLE ) The box is in fact IMax dice tower delivery box, as you can see his company logo.

The box contains:
Grass: 3-hex: 8
2-hex: 13
1-hex: 23
Rock: 7-hex: 2
3-hex: 4
2-hex: 3
1-hex: 10
Road: 5-hex: 1
2-hex: 8
1-hex: 8
Water: 1-hex: 50
Castle: Wall+Base: Straight: 1
Corner: 3
Ground: 1-hex: 12
Ladder: 24
Battlement: 10
Flag: 1
Tree: 12-height: 1
11-height: 2
10-height: 1
Glyphs: 7
Dice: White dice: 12
20-side: 1
Order markers: 4 sets
Wound markers: 28
Army and their cards (one each): What I have in mind is using this portable set to introduce HS to other people as often as possible. So I was torn between having moe units or more terrains. Finally, I decided to use these units, which have bonding, good use of the d-20, range-attackers, range-defensive experts, melee-defensive experts, slithers, etc. I hope they will excite new players:
-Karv Maga, Raelin, Marro warriors, Syvaris, Airbone Elite, Sgt. Drake, Agent Carr, Zettian Guards, Negoksa, Izumi samurai.
-The following armies were packed in the box, but people can switch them by other units they prefer (for example Sentinels or Minions): Krug, Arrow Gruts, Grimnak, Blade Gruts, Sir Denrick, Knights, Minute Men, WoA, Deathreavers, Armoc Vipers, Aubrien Archers, Anubian Wolves, Khosumet, Deadeye Dan, James Murphy, Guilty McCreech.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old December 22nd, 2006, 11:36 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralerogeny
Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
Got the real-time pics of my third map up.
OK, now I get it, the platforms are resting on the top of the trees...cool idea! I've never seen that done before, but I don't have a problem with people being creative!

that actually was sort of a last minute solution to my lack of walls to use. Almost as if my trees knew it was coming, i was able to use my 12 tree and an 11 on 1 level higher than the 12 (to equal 12, duh!) and support the only iffy sections. It was fine without the trees, but as you said, it wasn't as stable as i wanted it to be. It's not a perfect fit, but it's pretty d**n close!

I also found out after i took my pictures that you can use the ladder sections as locks to help hold the 24-hexes to the wall-walks, which just made it about 15% more sturdier...
Old December 23rd, 2006, 12:25 AM

SEF has disabled reputation
By christmas day you do maen the 25, not christmas eve. right?

- Hey don't shoot me, I'm the guy that bought the flag!! (Red VS Blue)
Old December 23rd, 2006, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHeroscaper
Here come to my question: Do I need to specify the starting zone in every map? The maps are pretty obvious where the starting zone should be, I also want to open to player's choice. So, I am not sure what to do And because I am asking, here is another question: Can I submit VS files in a zip file instead of individually? Do I need to post any picture exported from VS? Also, how will the winner be decided? Will there be an open voting process, or a grading process? Thank you very much!!!

MAP 1: The Crosing river.
There are two up-side-down road tiles. They are our boats . We have played this map with and without boats. If it is necessary, I can post additional information about this "boat" setup.
Starting zones aren't crucial to the maps. I'd appreciate it if they were in the VS files just so we are both on the same page, but I wouldn't disqualify a map because it didn't have red and blue dots.

As for the zippy thing, I've had problems zipping and unzipping in the past, so my preference would be that you'd not zip them up. That would make life a lot easier for me. If you do zip them, I'm sure I can figure it out though.

You do not have to have any pictures from VS, you CAN have pictures from VS, but they are not required. You are required to have pictures, but they can be submitted via the VS snapshots, or real pictures of the map on your kitchen table (or whatever ).

As is stated at the bottom of the original post in this thread, AgentX-127 and I will be the judges for this competition. We will critique each submission carefully and communicate to each other privately until we both agree on a winner.

AgentX-127 was my personal introduction to the idea of a "Meta-Map," back in his thread on making maps that would fit on a TV dinner tray. I thought that it was an ingenious idea, and came to him with the idea of a traveling map package for the holidays. We hit it off, he graciously offered up a spectacular prize, and here we are!

I am interested in learning more about your boats! How do they work? I assume that two figures can fit in one of the boats at the same time, or a single double spaced figure, but how far do they move across the water in one turn? Very interesting idea!

Click to see more...
Old December 23rd, 2006, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEF
By christmas day you do maen the 25, not christmas eve. right?
Yes, Christmas Day at midnight. Christmas day is the last day to submit your maps and update your submissions.

Click to see more...
Old December 23rd, 2006, 02:34 AM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation
auralerogeny, we have created a card for boats, with 4 lives, 5 defensive dice, and 5 movements. You are right that two single-spaced figures or one double-spaced figure can stand on it. To move a boat, you need to put your order marker on its card, just like other figures. In our first game, we decided that the boat is free of charge, and each team has one. We also decided that a boat needs to have one figure on it to move. If at any point, a boat has no figure on it, it stays where it is. It turned out that we did not use boats that much. I used it once for my two wolves. But they got killed, and I did not want to have my guys swim across the river to bring the boat back.
We now think of several possibility: The boat costs some points, but if at some point it has no figures on it, it floats back to the dock, kind of a magic boat, or more seriously (or not), there is always a driver (rider?) for the boat.
Another thought is the boat has a reverse bonding with every other units, in the sense that when you have your order marker on a unit, you can move the boat first, of course obeying the rule that there must be at least one figure of that unit on the boat. In that way, you do not have to put an order marker on the boat's card to move it, which make the boat more useful, therefore it must cost some. I'd say the cost is 40-60 range.
We'll elaborate and explore these idea further. But I think it is fun and add something to the game

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old December 23rd, 2006, 11:20 AM

Deathwalker4000 has disabled reputation
How do i post my maps on this thread
Old December 23rd, 2006, 11:27 AM

SEF has disabled reputation
i have got yet another question, is it possible to change the description for the maps (in the downloads) cause i just made a better description and want to submit it.

- Hey don't shoot me, I'm the guy that bought the flag!! (Red VS Blue)
Old December 23rd, 2006, 12:58 PM

poopdood has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHeroscaper
I can post additional information about this "boat" setup.
i wanna no more!!
Old December 23rd, 2006, 06:01 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
How do I put my VirtualScape files up for download??

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games