Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old June 11th, 2017, 08:57 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
R.I.P. Adam West

I am old enough to have watched the old Batman TV series when it originally aired, and the movie when it came out. I always enjoyed his square jawed, campy style. Since then, he appeared all over the place in person and with his voice, and I always enjoyed seeing or hearing him. Last year at the New York Historical Society I saw his amazing batmobile, with those goofy labels on the most prominent controls. On Big Bang Theory, he actually took part in a discussion with the gang about who had been the best Batman, now that so many have played him!

In his autobiography, he tells the story of how as a young actor starting out, he was filming on a Western in Spain, shooting a scene near a cave. When they finished up it was dusk, and so a cloud of bats swarmed out right in front of him. Then he went back to his hotel to get a call from his agent that he would play The Caped Crusader!

***Dah Dah Dah, Dah Dah Dah! Batman!***

Last edited by chas; June 11th, 2017 at 04:39 PM.
Old June 11th, 2017, 04:35 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: R.I.P. Adam West

The best batman I ever watched.
Goofy but appealing and with a unique sounding voice. When you heard him, you knew it was Batman

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; June 11th, 2017 at 04:35 PM. Reason: He is still a hero of mine.
Old June 11th, 2017, 10:43 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

My son recently discovered the Batman Series and his about 20 episodes in. When he heard the news on the radio he was very saddened. I remember it was one of the few shows we could watch at my grandmothers house in the summers.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 11th, 2017, 11:12 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

His death turned this weekend into kind of a bummer for me. Been a while since I've rewatched, but I've got a lot of fond memories of his Batman from when I was little. Always loved seeing him pop up in voice roles and cameos as well.
Old June 12th, 2017, 12:00 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I was always a Batman fan. To me, Adam West was Batman. Rest in peace.
Old June 12th, 2017, 03:46 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

They made new Adam West Batman episodes but animated this time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General