Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old November 14th, 2018, 12:55 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Character Designs Without Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Tying them to a figure is actually really brilliant - I could see a Death Abstract Hero that let's you choose an "Avatar," so you can draft her and give Thanos a boost. But when he's destroyed, she's also "destroyed." That sort of thing.
Exactly what I had for Thoth.
He is tied to Satanus who essentially becomes Godzilla with spells.
Satanus dies and Thoth does as well. I have that posted somewhere.
I think there are loads of different ways these could work, and they don't all have to work the same way. I think this is a brilliant avenue of design space.
Yeah I don't think every one of them needs to have one of those limitations, but it seems like maybe a soft rule about some sort of limitation could be a good idea.

Here's what I have for Khonshu.
Quote:
NAME = KHONSHU
SECRET IDENTITY = NA

SPECIES = GOD
UNIQUENESS = ABSTRACT HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR?
PERSONALITY = ???

SIZE/HEIGHT = ???

LIFE = ?

MOVE = ?
RANGE = ?
ATTACK = ?
DEFENSE = ?

PHASES OF THE MOON
You may draft any number of Marc Spector figures. No two Marc Spector figures in your army may share the same class. Choose which figure will start the game on the battlefield. You can control only one Marc Spector figure on the battlefield at a time. At the end of each round, you must switch the Marc Spector figure on the battlefield, if possible, with another Marc Spector figure you control. Switched figures will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

FROM THE DEAD
At the beginning of each round, before Order Markers are placed, if you do not control a Marc Spector figure on the battlefield, you must choose a Marc Spector figure in your army that is not destroyed, if possible. Place the chosen figure on any empty space in your start zone.
So he'd be tied to Moon Knight, and would allow you to play the different forms of Moon Knight like in the Ellis run. Obviously that would require creating some other Moon Knights first though. I could also see a 'protector of travelers in the night' power that gave a general boost to everybody.
Looking good. One thing I will say is that I have a problem with God being a species when we have more specific versions for Greek and Norse Gods. I think we need to go more specific if possible, or even go for Entity over God.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 14th, 2018, 12:59 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Looking good. One thing I will say is that I have a problem with God being a species when we have more specific versions for Greek and Norse Gods. I think we need to go more specific if possible, or even go for Entity over God.
I gather you're a mythology fan, do you have any suggestions? Seth is a Heliopolitian, but I've never heard Marvel's Khonshu explicitly referred to as one.
Old November 14th, 2018, 01:09 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Khonshu is technically a Heliopolitan so I'd go with that. Marvel pantheons aren't very well fleshed out side, beyond the obvious Norse/Greek stuff.
Old November 14th, 2018, 02:26 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
This is the sort of thing I considered when brainstorming the Endless from Sandman - not really heroes, per see, but draftable... effects. Beings that influence the "story" (that is to say, the game) without being interactable.

I'll step back and say that that un-interactable units are BIG places to break a game. From MTG (the other game system I'm familiar with), the only thing like that is an Emblem, which are rare and take a lot of work to activate. With most units we design, there's a built in safety valve - you can kill them. Not so if they're not on the battlefield.

I think they would need Life, since that's a good way to build in an "interactivity" level. Like, for Master Weaver, give him X life, and whenever you activate Web of Life and Destiny, he receives a wound. It makes him finite - he can't just hang around indefinitely and have an effect on the game annoying your opponent.
I'm okay with the Life stat in general, but I'm skeptical that Karn in particular needs to be destroyed if he uses his power a certain number of times. What he's doing doesn't really feel strong enough that it's problematic for you to not be able to shut him down.

I'd be inclined to go pretty high on the Life if we did go that route.

Quote:
So, with that in mind, I would keep the left box and stat box. Make them Heroes, just a new designation - I would say something like "ABSTRACT HERO" to steal the Marvel designation for their super high end characters.

I very much like the idea though and think it's worth exploring.

So essentially, like Event Heroes, a new ruleset:

- Abstract Heroes do not start on the battlefield and cannot be placed on the battlefield by any means.
- Abstract Heroes have a Move/Range/Attack/Defense of 0. (We can keep them on the card or do something else with the space, whatever works best.)
- Anything that refers to Heroes in an army or in play includes Abstract Heroes. You do not control an Abstract Hero (they are not on the battlefield).
- Order Markers can be placed and revealed as normal, but Abstract Heroes cannot move or attack.

That's a basic overview of how I'd picture it.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm thinking. Abstract Hero would work as a designator.

And yeah, I could see some of these designs being tied to figures in some way (avatars or hosts or what have you), but I don't think that's a must for all of them.
Old November 14th, 2018, 02:46 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
I gather you're a mythology fan, do you have any suggestions? Seth is a Heliopolitian, but I've never heard Marvel's Khonshu explicitly referred to as one.
Well, Heliopolitan isn't what I'd personally have chosen for Egyptian Gods (my Mum and I started designing characters from that pantheon for our personal collection before C3G released Seth, and when we did Thoth we made him a Nile God and carried that through - Heliopolitan is technically correct, but sounds too much like an ice cream to me ), but yeah, if he's an Egyptian God he should follow the same precedent as Set(h). To be fair, though, Khonshu is one god I have zero familiarity with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
So, with that in mind, I would keep the left box and stat box. Make them Heroes, just a new designation - I would say something like "ABSTRACT HERO" to steal the Marvel designation for their super high end characters.

I very much like the idea though and think it's worth exploring.

So essentially, like Event Heroes, a new ruleset:

- Abstract Heroes do not start on the battlefield and cannot be placed on the battlefield by any means.
- Abstract Heroes have a Move/Range/Attack/Defense of 0. (We can keep them on the card or do something else with the space, whatever works best.)
- Anything that refers to Heroes in an army or in play includes Abstract Heroes. You do not control an Abstract Hero (they are not on the battlefield).
- Order Markers can be placed and revealed as normal, but Abstract Heroes cannot move or attack.

That's a basic overview of how I'd picture it.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm thinking. Abstract Hero would work as a designator.

And yeah, I could see some of these designs being tied to figures in some way (avatars or hosts or what have you), but I don't think that's a must for all of them.
I'd cut points 2 and 4. They won't be able to move attack or be attacked anyway as a result of not being on the battlefield, as standard, no need to spell it out in the rules. 2 can stay if we decide to do something else with the space, but if not, I see no reason to state in the rules that Abstract Heroes always have a Move, Range, Attack and Defence of 0, and not doing so gives room for characters who'd have one of those stats legitimately and a power that allowed them to do something with it.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 15th, 2018, 11:02 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Though I had a figure in mind for it and I could see it technically working as a figure, the Parallax Entity (and other entities in the Lantern color spectrum) could potentially work as Abstract Heroes (I'm cool with that title too).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 15th, 2018, 11:02 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Was so confused when I saw this thread as I had no memory of starting it.
As a prank we should split all your posts off into separate threads so you suddenly have created the most threads in Heroscapers history.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by Tornado; November 15th, 2018 at 06:22 PM.
Old November 15th, 2018, 06:10 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Though I had a figure in mind for it and I could see it technically working as a figure, the Parallax Entity (and other entities in the Lantern color spectrum) could potentially work as Abstract Heroes (I'm cool with that title too).
Ah, yeah, the Lantern entities would be good picks for abstract status as well. They do have minis, but they're all super pricey.
Old November 15th, 2018, 06:35 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

My original Thoth idea.

Quote:

NAME = THOTH
SECRET IDENTITY = SON OF NEMESIS

SPECIES = WARLOCK
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SORCERER
PERSONALITY = VENGEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = --

LIFE = --

MOVE = --
RANGE = --
ATTACK = --
DEFENSE = --

POINTS = ???

DINO-PET RIDER
Thoth does not have a figure and may only be drafted into an army including Satanus. If Thoth is in your army, Satanus is an Unique Hero and has a Range of 2. If Satanus is destroyed, Thoth is also destroyed.

WARLOCK SUPREME

After taking a turn with Satanus you may cast a Spell with Thoth, using the sight point of Satanus for determining line of sight.

Bio:

Thoth is a character from the 2000 AD strip Nemesis the Warlock. An extremely powerful warlock with the ability to warp time and space itself, and the mind of an angry three-year-old, he was the son of Nemesis and Chira. His hatching was a joyful occasion, attended by Warlocks including Nemesis' Great Uncle Baal and Baal's friend Ashtar. Thoth spent the first hours of his life happily playing with his father's familiar Grobbendonk.
Shortly after Thoth was hatched, Ashtar's daughter Magna betrayed him and his mother to the anti-alien bigots known as the Terminators, because she wanted Nemesis to marry her instead. Chira was killed, having used all her magical power to defend her son, and a grief-stricken Nemesis believed that Thoth had also perished.
Thoth was in fact very much alive and well. He had used the powers his mother had transferred to him to make his mother's murderer, Sir Hargan believe — initially, at least — that he was a cute little human baby. (In other words, he saw Thoth as his mother had seen him.) Thoth went to live with Sir Hargan and his wife on Termight. The infant warlock amused himself by defenestrating Hargan from his stalscraper, letting him plummet thousands of feet, saving him an inch from the ground and hauling him back to the window to do it again... and again...
Thoth made it his mission in life to avenge his mother, and also get revenge on Nemesis for deserting him. He started by transporting Torquemada (who had ordered Chira's death) from the past into the future, where Torquemada had been dead for ten years. The evil bigot was promptly arrested on a charge of impersonating himself. The new ruler of Termight, Grand Dragon Mazarin, realised that Torquemada was the real McCoy but had him publicly executed as an imposter anyway, in case his reappearance disturbed the populace and their new-found reconciliation with aliens. Watching the execution from his window with avid interest, Thoth put Torquemada in a time loop so that he burned to death repeatedly.

Thoth's next action was to summon the black tyrannosaur Satanus from the Cursed Earth, a region located in a time lost in the mists of Termight's history, because he wanted a pet. Sir Hargan's fate is unrecorded, but he was last seen gazing in terror at the huge carnivorous monster in his apartment. Nemesis, meanwhile, had been alerted by Purity Brown to the fact that Thoth might still be alive. Realising what Magna had done, he killed her and set off for Termight to locate his son. When Nemesis found Thoth, Thoth made Satanus breathe fire at him (a new power he had equipped him with) and then vanished.

Nemesis then lured Thoth out of hiding by rescuing Torquemada. When his father confronted him in the tubes below Termight, Thoth announced his intention to blow up the world by making the black hole and white hole on either side of Termight collide, wiping out all life in the galaxy. Nemesis offered to help him but Thoth was unmoved and escaped into the time wastes with Satanus, whom he released into the time of the tyrannosaurs.
Powers: Uncatalogued but extensive magical powers.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 15th, 2018, 06:52 PM
Hard as ice

So basically he gives Satanus a short range, Unique Hero synergies (Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Masters of Evil etc.) and spellcasting potential? So I'll have a giant spellcasting T-Rex wandering around the field?
Sounds great, though it'll be somewhat distracting not seeing him actually riding Satanus.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 15th, 2018, 06:57 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I would drop the Unique status. I may try that on Old One Eye.
I would up the range to 3 and give him an auto skull for an adjacent attack.
Oh and Magical Defense.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 22nd, 2018, 02:38 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

What if Satanus got the discussed change to Unique Hero, then Thoth can ‘upgrade’ him back up to Event? It would feel weird to me if the add-on character ‘downgraded’ him to a Unique.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy