Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 23rd, 2017, 02:12 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Nemesis - Breathing Period

I like that Viegon. Thanks.

The flies do seem to be a little beyond normal. The ability to create enough 'alien heat' to fuse Torq's armor is impressive.

That is sort of close to the original version of LotF.

Anyone else?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 23rd, 2017, 03:25 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I agree with V's statement about the usefulness of only having a range reduction, which is why I also was pushing the def. reduction. I like his expansion of the spell to include move & att. as well. Having the range only being reduced by 1 is mitigated by the fact their attack is also reduced by 1. Make it a unique spell that lasts till the end of round (which makes you want to use you OM 1 on a MD figure) and price it a 15? points or so and see how it does.
Old January 23rd, 2017, 05:01 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Either continuing Nemesis with or without the spells is fine by me.

As to the flies doing damage, I was imagining the horror trope of them swarming their victim's mouth to suffocate them or so forth. Even superheroes are going to be pretty shaken up by that (I'm pretty sure that kind of thing has been done plenty of times in comics anyways).

The range reduction falls flat for me for a few of reasons:
1) The theme feels like it belongs to some sort of fog/smokescreen/disorientation spell, and just doesn't really click for me.
2) It's relatively unexciting; only a handful of figures in the game rely heavily on their range, meaning it's just not going to see that much use or have much of an impact for such a flashily-named spell.
3) It fills a similar role to Vapors of Valtorr; which, while not necessarily an issue, just makes it feel even less enticing in my opinion.

If you want to go for the annoying/distraction swarm theme, I think a blanket stat reduction would hit the theme a lot better, give it a unique niche, make it more consistently useful, and overall just more interesting in my opinion. Something like:

Quote:
LORD OF THE FLIES
Unique Spell
Cost ???

Instead of moving, this figure may cast this spell to choose a figure within clear sight of this figure that is not occupying a water space. If the chosen figure is a Common or Squad figure, destroy it. Otherwise, until the end of the round, the chosen figure subtracts 1 from their Move, Range, Attack, and Defense numbers to a minimum of 1, or subtracts 2 from each number if this figure is a Sorcerer.
My .
If you want my opinion...and obviously you do since you asked...I like this the most out of all the options I read. It looks now more like a spell that others would use and not just him.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 23rd, 2017, 07:05 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That is awesome. Thanks guys!

I will try to post current version tomorrow and summon the CRB. We may be close to starting an Initial.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 24th, 2017, 05:54 PM

Let me know how this looks to everyone.
@dok @Dysole @Soundwarp SG-1 CRB, do you see anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
NAME = NEMESIS
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = WARLOCK
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SORCEROR
PERSONALITY = CHAOTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 275???

]THE SWORD SINISTER
Roll 2 additional attack dice against an adjacent Human figure or 1 additional attack die against any other adjacent figure. If Nemesis destroys an adjacent figure with his normal attack, he may attack again.

SERVANT OF KHAOS
Wound Markers are the only markers that may be placed on this card or removed from this card by any special power on any other Army Card or Glyph.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Nemesis is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Nemesis can take for this attack is one.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

LORD OF THE FLIES
Unique Spell
Cost ???

Instead of moving, this figure may cast this spell to choose a figure within clear sight of this figure that is not occupying a water space. If the chosen figure is a Common or Squad figure, destroy it. Otherwise, until the end of the round, the chosen figure subtracts 1 from their Move, Range, Attack, and Defense numbers to a minimum of 1, or subtracts 2 from each number if this figure is a Sorcerer.

LEVITATION
Common Spell
Cost ???

Before moving, this figure may cast this spell to gain the Flying special power until the end of its turn. If they do, reduce their move number by 3, to a minimum of 1, for this turn.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 24th, 2017, 08:20 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Arch Nemesis

COMPETITIVE REVIEW BOARD CHECKLIST

Competitive Concerns
Does the design offer worrisome Order marker movement or efficiency? No. I could see a rules lawyer arguing you can't put Order Markers on this guy.

Does the design offer superior Auto wounding? No.

Does the design cause the prevention of abilities (Blob, Polaris, Meteorite)? Reduces some base stats, but it's a once a round thing.

Does the design move other figures? No.

Does the design boost other figures (outside of a narrowly defined set)? No.

Does the design have one or more excellent defensive powers? Magical Defense is always boss.

Does the design auto destroy or take control of other figures in a way that unbalances the design? No.

Does the design have any other concerns? Not really.

Summary of Any Competitive Concerns/Suggestions for Changes: Nothing really comes to me on how to break this guy, but he's a great counter draft and can pack quite a punch.

~Dysole, who couldn't resist
Old January 24th, 2017, 09:11 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Works for me.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 25th, 2017, 01:05 PM

Thanks Dysole.

I will give others a chance to chime in and then I will propose an Initial.

Oh, forgot to ask. Any guess on points? I am hoping he comes in under 300. Not sure though. He will be very good vs. Humans.
Build suggestions? Starlord will be good.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 25th, 2017, 03:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Since it seems unlikely their will ever be a second levitation spell made later down the line can we expand on your a bit to include casting it on an ally figure? Then make it unique to keep it from being abused. You said he doesn't cast levitation often enough to be replaced with the flying special power so it really shouldn't be a common spell either way.

LEVITATION
Unique Spell
Cost 10 points?

Before moving this figure, or before moving a friendly figure adjacent to this figure, this figure may cast this spell to have the figure that is moving gain the Flying special power until the end of its turn. If they do, reduce their move number by 3, to a minimum of 1, for this turn.
Old January 25th, 2017, 03:22 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Since it seems unlikely their will ever be a second levitation spell made later down the line can we expand on your a bit to include casting it on an ally figure? Then make it unique to keep it from being abused. You said he doesn't cast levitation often enough to be replaced with the flying special power so it really shouldn't be a common spell either way.

LEVITATION
Unique Spell
Cost 10 points?

Before moving this figure, or before moving a friendly figure adjacent to this figure, this figure may cast this spell to have the figure that is moving gain the Flying special power until the end of its turn. If they do, reduce their move number by 3, to a minimum of 1, for this turn.
The only way I could see it being abused as a common spell would be if it applied to special movement powers; probably better to slap a Before moving normally" in there.

With that in place, the best exploits I can think of are giving Wally West flying to combo with speed force, or allowing Groot to fly while carrying folks. Neither of these seem especially exploitative - Wally could get crazy, but not much more crazy than usual.
Old January 25th, 2017, 03:31 PM
C3G Landlord

I was thinking more along the lines of levitating Cable up on top of a castle wall, then Bane up adj. to him, then a defensive pod figure. Actually I'd move Bane up first, then as soon as Cable arrives he is getting two attacks of 7 at range.
Old January 25th, 2017, 03:48 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of levitating Cable up on top of a castle wall, then Bane up adj. to him, then a defensive pod figure. Actually I'd move Bane up first, then as soon as Cable arrives he is getting two attacks of 7 at range.
Certainly doable, but John Stewart can make that play from farther away and he doubles as your defensive pod figure. It's worth keeping in mind, but (assuming it's limited to active turn movement) I'd be comfortable giving it a shot as a common spell.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library