Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old May 18th, 2006, 11:52 AM

earlofwessex has disabled reputation
Einar, Ullar and Vydar questions

What's with these other three sides? All I can find on the Heroscape website is the simple good Jandar vs. evil Utgar comics and journals. Ok, I didn't make it through all the journals, but since they haven't added anything is a while, I doubt it's worth it.

Anyway, are these sides supposed to have special emphasies? Einar seems to have a lot of disciplined squads. Anyway, what should I know about the 5 sides?

Stephen Coney
Old May 18th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Einar seems to be the "Follow the Emperor" type, the Emperor being Utgar. To rule all of Valhalla with an iron fist.

Ullar seems to be the "Protect all living things" One with the planet (balance), their mortal enemy being Utgar (Utgar wants power)

Vydar seems to follow the route of "Hired Killers" we don't care who you are, give us money and we will fight.

.....IMO

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old May 18th, 2006, 12:33 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
i'd have to agree with CA

or maybe thay are innocent bystanders who felt left out during the war of all time, so the recruited their own dude and said HA UTGAR COME GET ME PUNK!
Old May 18th, 2006, 12:39 PM

KeeperOfPeace is surprisingly tart
I would think that Einar is certainly on with Utgar. Yet, I believe he is more of the hire me type since he has samurai. And samurai were basically mercenaries.

Vydar, I would think he is sort of like Jandar, but probably not as nice. Looking at for number one.

Ullar, most likely a more nuetral ValKyrie. Probably more of an animal/ nature type.

Man oh man I wish I had made the story of HS I was working on a while back. I had a awesome idea of how all the generals reacted to one another. Who knows, maybe I will be the HS writer here if nobody else takes it.

Old May 18th, 2006, 01:14 PM

MacG Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeperOfPeace
I believe he is more of the hire me type since he has samurai. And samurai were basically mercenaries.
I'm gonna have to argue with you there. Samurai were feudal vassals tied to one lord. They were like the local guy the earl kept on hand to control peasants in an area and raise an army in Europoean feudalism. They were the small-time local aristocracy in service to the big guy.

RONIN (disgraced samurai or samurai who lost their lord) were the wandering mercenaries. Most "Samurai" movies are set in the period when the feudal society broke down and many "Samurai" became wanderers. It's part of the angst.

I like Einar is more "There shall be only the finest warriors" in theme. He picks Samurai, the Romans, the Sacred Band, and Valguard, all of whom are noted warriors in their time and place. He doesn't even have Kyrie yet.

[topicjack] Oooh!
What do you think Einar and Ullar Kyrie are like?

Ullar - Dryad-like creatures flying in amongst the trees?
Einar - leather-strapped warriors flying in a phalanx?
[/topicjack]
Old May 18th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
I picture Vydar as more of a Borg type. Seems they are always technology based, or Sci Fi.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old May 18th, 2006, 02:51 PM

Nightmare has disabled reputation
If you look in the FAQ on the official site, it says that Ullar is with Jandar, and Einar and Vydar are with Utgar. But it has this disturbing line: But alliances can change...
Other than that:
JANDAR: Good characters that fight evil no matter what.
ULLAR: Nature based, wood dwellers, such as Elves. These seem to be more characters with a connection to nature.
UTGAR: Evil, wants the wellsprings all to themselves.
EINAR: Only the finest warriors, such as Samurai.
VYDAR: Technological, futuristic warriors that fight with no emotion.

2006 Sets Accomplishment Bars:
ZANAFOR'S DISCOVERY[I, II, III, IV/IV] THAELNEK TUNDRA[/I] RAKNAR'S VISION[I/I], FORTRESS OF THE ARCHKYRIE[I/I], THORA'S VENGEANCE [I, II, III, IV/IV], SIR HAWTHORNE'S ARRIVAL [I/I], CREST OF THE VALKYRIE [/V]
Old May 18th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Three is a 6th General...very little is known about him....his name.....Newbar! That's right...be afraid...be very afraid. He only uses the finest Clowns and Mimes ever assembled anywhere! Pie in the Face and Stuck in a Glass Box are some of the abilities being reported from the front lines. It's war and Newbar spares no one!!

MWUHAAHAHAHAAHA!

Newb. (aka Newbar!)
Old May 18th, 2006, 03:15 PM

When my group first got the game, we assumed that Jandar and Vydar were together since they were basically the same color. And since blue is generally a good color, we figured they were good. Since Utgar and Einar are close in color, we also figured they were together, and that Ullar since is green and doesn't resemble any of them, must be nuetral or a merc force.

Old May 18th, 2006, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare
If you look in the FAQ on the official site, it says that Ullar is with Jandar, and Einar and Vydar are with Utgar. But it has this disturbing line: But alliances can change...
Other than that:
JANDAR: Good characters that fight evil no matter what.
ULLAR: Nature based, wood dwellers, such as Elves. These seem to be more characters with a connection to nature.
UTGAR: Evil, wants the wellsprings all to themselves.
EINAR: Only the finest warriors, such as Samurai.
VYDAR: Technological, futuristic warriors that fight with no emotion.
So this is official? The only reason I ask is since I would like to create a storyline for HS that I would post on here.

Old May 18th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
Three is a 6th General...very little is known about him....his name.....Newbar! That's right...be afraid...be very afraid. He only uses the finest Clowns and Mimes ever assembled anywhere! Pie in the Face and Stuck in a Glass Box are some of the abilities being reported from the front lines. It's war and Newbar spares no one!!
So newbar is the general of Shakes the Clown?

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old May 18th, 2006, 04:22 PM

Turtleboy has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacG
[topicjack] Oooh!
What do you think Einar and Ullar Kyrie are like?

Ullar - Dryad-like creatures flying in amongst the trees?
SAYLUND ......

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion