Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old August 11th, 2010, 04:44 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 8/7

Thanks for the commentary on my commentary. I agree that having a JPT-esqe map in a pool is not such a bad thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Jotun's Gap - I like almost everything about this map. The choice of paths, the dynamic between high and low ground, and the placement of the ruins and rock outcrops are all excellent. Most people seemed to enjoy playing on it. I have one complaint, though - double spacers can't land on the glyphs. Some armies rely on double-spacers to take and hold glyphs, and a powerful glyph on this map can be unfair to those builds. Jerks like me already have an advantage with our single-spaced glyph grabbers; we don't need any more help.
Yep, I fully meant to fix that hex issue. But, it got selected for GenCon and I didn't want to make changes that might affect people's strategies. Now, it's stuck in the que for BOV and I'll refrain from changing it until it's out. I'll probably forget about it and then it will never get fixed.
I don't think the BoV judges, curmudgeons though they are, would get too bent out of shape if you submit a slightly edited version. Yeah, it resets the process, but it would be better to fix the flaw rather than have a slightly imperfect version get inducted.

Last edited by dok; August 12th, 2010 at 12:34 PM. Reason: If you make the change, I'll renominate it.
Old August 15th, 2010, 02:31 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 8/15

Update 8/15

Another one of my typical small footprint maps, this time using the RttFF and the VW set. This is some of my favorite terrain and makes for some real quick games. Not much to say about this one, it's just a down and dirty little map. Have fun.

Map:
Trailblazer
Date Uploaded: 8/15
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 RttFF, 1 VW.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old August 15th, 2010, 02:51 PM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

Looks great Dignan.
Old August 16th, 2010, 01:17 AM

Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker

If only I had lava! Looks great Dignan

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me -Psalm 23:4
Old August 16th, 2010, 08:00 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Great maps! Why is there water behind the start zones in No Man's Land?
Old August 16th, 2010, 08:38 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Great maps! Why is there water behind the start zones in No Man's Land?
The water is placed there to let the player know that those hexes are not part of the start zone. I just wanted to avoid confusion about which grass hexes could be used for the starting spaces.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old August 16th, 2010, 10:06 AM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Your maps are all really good!

I'll have to say No Man's Land is my favorite, the theme is really cool, the map looks cool, and when I played on it it played well.
Old August 16th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great job on Trailblazer.* I'll have to try that one out sometime.

I suppose I might as well give a little feedback about the Gencon maps. Nothing to in depth, though.

Fulcrum: This was by far my favorite map. I played on this one several times, and found no problem with gameplay.

Just Passing Through: Pretty decent map. Only played on this one a couple times. No complaints really.

Fissure: Easily my second favorite map, I love all the LoS blockers and Heavy Snow, as well the Move glyph in the middle. I do agree with Dok about maybe switching a Glacier and a Ruin to try to give each side more room.

Warden: Only played on this one once. Again no major complaints. Other than the slightly wobbly ruins, there was nothing wrong with the map at all.

Jotun's Gap: Never played on.

*After your post in the Heroscape Game Room thread, I was expecting a new lava map shortly.

~Rednax

Last edited by rednax; August 16th, 2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old August 16th, 2010, 11:22 AM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

In No Man's Land, it says 1 TJ, but I think I see 9 Jungle Brushes. That would be 2TJ. Maybe I'm seeing things.
Old August 16th, 2010, 11:40 AM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Each TJ comes with 6 brushes and three trees.

Anyways, awesome map!
Old August 16th, 2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
Each TJ comes with 6 brushes and three trees.

Anyways, awesome map!
Yes but I see 3 Trees and 9 Bushes.
Old August 16th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I see 3 trees and 8 bushes. Occasionally I just look at all the maps in the first post, and it seems pretty apparent that TT is Dignan's favorite expansion. What I also notice is that many of Dignan's maps have split starting zones that are geographically isolated from each other by water or some other terrain feature and that he likes using BftU as low ground when combined with RotV. Dignan, you have some of the most unique maps around and they definitely have their own style.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios