Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old October 1st, 2022, 07:05 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

I want that RAELIN figure dammit!

Last edited by Shurrig; October 1st, 2022 at 07:07 PM. Reason: no negativity
Old October 1st, 2022, 07:08 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

$250 is not at all unreasonable considering that huge content.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 1st, 2022, 07:09 PM

Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
One of the math nerds on here needs to share their statistical formula that determines whether or not a crowdfunded campaign will make it. Then I can stop hitting refresh on the campaign main website page for the next several weeks.
You, er... You don't want to see that formula right now.

I backed before the credits rolled, but it boggles my mind, as well, that they set their funding goal at 8000 people. 8000 backers is an insane number for a crowdfunding campaign, and 2 million USD even more so. You don't get that kind of money unless you're Gloomhaven.

I'm choosing to give the benefit of the doubt that it will be advertised more broadly going forward--in fact, it almost certainly will be. And maybe that 3d terrain will capture more hearts like it did mine long ago. But I cannot conceive of getting 8000 backers only out of existing heroscape true believers. How many does haslab think are left after 10 years? A significant fraction of them are on this forum.
Old October 1st, 2022, 07:22 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relenzo2 View Post
But I cannot conceive of getting 8000 backers only out of existing heroscape true believers. How many does haslab think are left after 10 years? A significant fraction of them are on this forum.

"How many Heroscape true believers still remain since the game's cancellation?" was a question we often asked internally at C3V, but there wasn't really an easy way to answer it. If nothing else, this campaign should make for a good data point.
Old October 1st, 2022, 07:22 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Does anyone have a connection to Tom Vasel? Ask him to plug the campaign on Dice Tower Youtube channel.
Old October 1st, 2022, 07:27 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

I cannot conceive of getting 8000 backers only out of existing heroscape true believers. How many does haslab think are left after 10 years? A significant fraction of them are on this forum.
Active Members on Heroscapers according to the bottom of the forum front page: 26,482

I personally feel that an estimate of 5% of backers not being an "active member" here is a generous assumption. Haslab is not going to have the random discoverers backing on a whim aspect of a Kickstarter search engine. But it's a Saturday and I expect a lot of people would just now be getting home to unwind on the computer to see the campaign.

Upset City Baby.
Old October 1st, 2022, 07:29 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Does anyone have a connection to Tom Vasel? Ask him to plug the campaign on Dice Tower Youtube channel.
Skyknight knows him personally. Tom knows about the whole thing.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 1st, 2022, 07:30 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/...-series-rancor

This is a failed Haslab project to consider for those on the fence. Even reaching basically 95% of the minimum to fund amount, it still didn't go into production. Every vote counts, so get out there and vote...... or something.

Upset City Baby.

Last edited by brak88; October 1st, 2022 at 07:53 PM.
Old October 1st, 2022, 07:54 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

I'll be getting 2 possibly 3 sets...should I do each as a different email account to count toward the 8k?

I'll do whatever I need to do to make this happen!

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old October 1st, 2022, 08:03 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
We are friends. I will ask him to cover in crowdfunding.
Old October 1st, 2022, 08:07 PM

mee likey rolls all skulls baby! mee likey rolls all skulls baby! mee likey rolls all skulls baby! mee likey rolls all skulls baby! mee likey rolls all skulls baby!

I don't know much, but I do know this. Besides those of us who are reading this thread right now...
-- The largest untapped audience for this Heroscape revival is NOT "Hasbro fanboy figure collectors" (apologies to those of you who also fit in that category)
--The largest untapped audience IS board gamers, particularly those who tend to back Kickstarters for games with lots of minis.
--Those players are to be found on boardgamegeek.com, not Hasbro Pulse Con, so I certainly hope the Avalon Hill marketing crew puts some money in their budget to buy some banner ads over there.
The only reason I even knew that Heroscape was coming back was that I check in to Heroscapers about once a month to check on customs announcements. I expect there are a ton of former (and future) fans who are still unaware of this campaign. The absolute best way to get attention for that is to pump Heroscape: Age of Annihilation up to #1 on Boardgamegeek's Hotness list. I don't know their algorithm fully, but I know that it is influenced by a lot of people people simply going to a board game's page on BGG and also gets a boost by posting in the game entry's forum. Here are the links for both. Maybe we should all just post a bunch of discussions over there fir the next week?

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/...e-annihilation
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/...ation/forums/0
Old October 1st, 2022, 08:14 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It seems like a big ask - 8000/$2,000,000 just to fund. I am more experienced with kickstarter, so perhaps I am needlessly bummed.

I am ponying up as two different users instead of buying two as the same user.

The figures and terrain look amazing! I hope it funds. Maybe the 5 SotM heroes -the bit I may be most excited about- will get thrown in as a thank you if it funds.

Doopa is Polish for awesome.

Last edited by DrLivingston; October 1st, 2022 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Evil Raelin is so frikkin cool!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion