Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 16th, 2007, 10:57 PM

Su_Nan Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-bomb
I really think Sonlen would work well with Q9. Q9 usually gets his wounds gradually. Sonlen can gradually remove these, in addition to attacking. The ideal case would be to charge out with Q9 as a sniper and as a tank, and then when he is getting beat up a bit Sonlen can rush in and heal him, then take a few names.

Sonlen seems like he can be a good stand alone figure, but not quite as potent as Cyprien. Pairing Sonlen with strong heroes would make him better IMO b/c he can either heal himself or some high point heroes - which gives him something Cyprien does not have.
How often do you guys think that you will be able to roll a 15 or higher? More than likely it won't happen. All I'm saying is don't rely on Sonlen to be a primary healer.

Insanity is the best medicine.
Old August 17th, 2007, 09:02 AM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker
Many eye him as a deterrent/counter to Q9, but I like him as a possible guard against Cyprien swooping in to decimate an elf army (which he could easily do). With that Dragon Swoop and range 6 attack of 4, some Cyprien players may not be so aggressive with him hanging within striking distance....though I don't quite get why he costs MORE than Cyprien. 160? That might be 10-20 points too much?!

BUT, that doesn't change how cool Sonlen is!

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old August 17th, 2007, 10:05 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Su_Nan
Only one odd thing about Sonlen is that if he is hiding behind something you can actually kill him by shooting at his dragon.
Maybe it's an Eragon thing.... (thought the movie was extremely mediocre btw) In Eragon, if the Dragon died, so did it's master... or maybe it was the other way around.. I was too busy yelling at the movie for being a cheap rip-off of Star Wars.

OK - 160 points. New stab at an elf army...

Sonlen - 160
Syvarris - 100
Aubrien Archers x 2 - 140
Kyntela Gwyn - 20
Old School Raelin - 80

Total - 500

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 17th, 2007, 01:25 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
He's expensive (generally speaking), but worth every point. He can do quite a lot of damage all by himself. He can heal himself, inflict an auto-wound within a threat range of 9 spaces, and attack with 4 or 5 dice within 11 spaces. He has decent defense/life on top of that. Sonlen will be fun to play in addition to having a cool sculpt.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 17th, 2007, 04:53 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
His staff and flapping cloak are hit zones. Odd.
Old August 18th, 2007, 02:53 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseman
His staff and flapping cloak are hit zones. Odd.
Especially since with new Raelin they so carefully carved out each little flap and fin on her sculpt as untargetable in the diagram. Guess Sonlen is an absolutist kind of guy... no gray area for him!

Maybe it was needed as a little disadvantage for cost control?
Old August 26th, 2007, 06:49 AM

Location: Seeking a local agency for the missing bodies of Jamaica's Royal Family...
Ricky007 has disabled reputation
Sonlen + Alistair + McDirks = Bloodspree!

This is what I do for a living:
Old August 26th, 2007, 04:44 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=11439

Here is a thread about how everybody's favorite midget dragon can make a meal out of moving pieces of tin.

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old September 3rd, 2007, 11:33 AM

eric.dunfee Woo who?
I'm not so sure about this guy. I mean, don't get me wrong, he'd be great for going against melee, especially Nakitas, Ninjas, or anybody with counterstrike, but with that wee dragon of his only having a range of 4 I think he would get ripped to shreds by range before he could do much damage.

Certainly a move of 6 would allow him to move in from out of range of pretty much any unit, and at least get close enough to dragon swoop once, but at best you only get a 25% chance to kill anything. That's an awful costly unit to "hope" you get a 15 or higher and kill dw9k. Don't get me wrong, it'd be sweet, but if your opponent has markers on said target that you just missed, especially q9, I could see this poor little elf getting cut down pretty dang quickly.

I think you would still want rats or glads to tie up your units, and bring this guy in to play. Maybe leave a nakita next to him to guard him.

Just my 2 cents
Old September 3rd, 2007, 11:41 AM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric.dunfee
I'm not so sure about this guy. I mean, don't get me wrong, he'd be great for going against melee, especially Nakitas, Ninjas, or anybody with counterstrike, but with that wee dragon of his only having a range of 4 I think he would get ripped to shreds by range before he could do much damage.

Certainly a move of 6 would allow him to move in from out of range of pretty much any unit, and at least get close enough to dragon swoop once, but at best you only get a 25% chance to kill anything. That's an awful costly unit to "hope" you get a 15 or higher and kill dw9k. Don't get me wrong, it'd be sweet, but if your opponent has markers on said target that you just missed, especially q9, I could see this poor little elf getting cut down pretty dang quickly.

I think you would still want rats or glads to tie up your units, and bring this guy in to play. Maybe leave a nakita next to him to guard him.

Just my 2 cents
Yes, but he does have a ranged attack, therefore he is not as bad as you say.

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old September 3rd, 2007, 12:48 PM

that guy has disabled reputation
Don't forget 6 life. Not to shabby.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 08:12 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric.dunfee
Don't forget that his Dragon Swoop disobeys the rules of engagement-- that's a pretty big selling point.

He can find his support/boosting in his own army, though. Once Ulginesh comes out, Kyntela will actually be playable! Suddenly, Acolarh isn't so disappointing, and an elf army starts to look pretty hardy: Kyntela boosting everyone's defense, Sonlen healing, and Acolarh... uh... home-leafing everyone. Not to mention that Ulginesh is flying range and benefits from all three of those defensive/protective powers and Ullar's Amulet, so killing him first to stop the double-turns won't be too easy. And in such an army, you'd want WoA instead of rats or glads. In terms of gameplay, I'm really looking forward to all these guys.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units