Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old September 28th, 2011, 06:14 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Attack or Defense?

Welcome to the site MrSpex24!

My question, what smart 9k player would even let you engage his robot in the first place?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 28th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Welcome to the site MrSpex24!

My question, what smart 9k player would even let you engage his robot in the first place?
Wait, smart people play DW9K?

I think he's not that bad. He was better when half the competitive squads had adjacency bonus. He's just, "outdated". /hijack

I think Aldin has the best point, so I'll say Thor's power on Finn.
Old September 28th, 2011, 07:12 PM

BOOM! Woo who?

On topic, I prefer the 4/4 hero by far. My reasons being that, yes, skulls are easier to come by then shields, and I've seen "big, bad five defense" fail on my big 'uns more times than I care to remember. The attack is more reliable. Also (although I actually think this is a downer) this same principle is what makes HeroScape a game of squads and high attack people. Big defense still fails a lot. More attacks and less relying on def will win battles. I wish it was a larger factor really.

"BOOOM!"

Now come sit on Santa's lap...
Old September 28th, 2011, 09:19 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker

I have a friend that plays an insanely deffensive game. The problem is that he consistently loses. I think offense is the best way to win a game. Retreats may be necesarry at times, but I have won most consistently with an offensive army and play style.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old September 29th, 2011, 05:30 PM

sir william the bold is surprisingly tart

Definitely 4/4, although I like Finns mold better

Check out my custom terrain.
Old October 15th, 2011, 01:03 AM

nevi is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I'd rather a hero with all fours. It's nice to know your defense is high, but when you can't strike anything then it's not worth it.
Unless of course, that you have a special attack that allows you to attack more... but that's not the question here.
Sounds like a really blunt and unthoughtful strategy, but sometimes it's as simple as that, I think
Old October 15th, 2011, 09:50 AM
I Need 42 Dumutefs for my Ullar army

samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby!

4/4. Unless I can choose 6/4... And who's that? That's right! Best figure in the world! Sgt. Drake Alexander! Oh yeah!

Hello. I have updated my signature in an attempt to convey absolutely nothing, and waste your time reading this every time I post. Thank you.
Old October 15th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelfrost4 View Post
4/4. Unless I can choose 6/4... And who's that? That's right! Best figure in the world! Sgt. Drake Alexander! Oh yeah!
CHOMP! Now, what were you saying?
Spoiler Alert!
Old October 17th, 2011, 09:13 PM

Scaper Nerd is surprisingly tart

I would take a 4/4 figure any day of the week unless I'm going up against arrow gruts and I have Torin and some minions. Then I'll take the 2(4)/6 against the gruts. Plus Torin is my 4/4 figure, AND immune to CHOMP. Torin hewes!

Scaper Nerd is Sharwin Wildborn...
in the Tower of Agony..
Old October 20th, 2011, 02:07 AM

hobosock is surprisingly tart

Are we ignoring the rest of your army? If you only have one figure, 4/4 would be better than 3/5, but if you have an army with you, you might want to keep Finn alive so he can buff the rest of your army. A 3/5 character who gives your ranged squads an extra attack would probably be more useful.
Old October 20th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobosock View Post
A 3/5 character who gives your ranged squads an extra attack would probably be more useful.
Except Finn only boosts the attack of units with a range of 1.

Thorgrim can buff your ranged figures, though, if that's what you're looking for.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old October 21st, 2011, 05:18 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

In this thread I had explained to me that the reason people like attack dice is that the impact of adding one attack dice is always higher than adding one defense die. So this says Kill Finn!

In this thread I actually calculated how much the average survival of a figure is increased by adding another defense dice. For Finn/Thorgrim it would make them survive 2.2 more attacks on average! And this seems like a lot to me, so Kill Thorgrim!

So what would I do? I'd quote MrSpex42 and say "it depends."

Alright, honestly in general I would kill off Finn and boost Thorgrim. Unless this was going to be one of my last units standing, then I'd kill Thorgrim.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles