Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old March 3rd, 2007, 10:04 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
NonCon VII and Something Positive

http://vsa.vassar.edu/~nso/noncon/

I am at the NonCon this weekend in Poughkeepsie, NY. It was spur of the moment, but I decided to bring 2 MS and all my figs, plus some lava road, tundra and castle and host a few games. So far last night a few seemed interested in playing. I will try to take some pics and post battle reports later, possibly tomorrow or Monday. It looks like it will be a good time. Last night, I beat my friend's 11-year-old in a homebaked scenario.

We also played D&D for Evil People. The Phoenix killed my Blackguard Dwarf.

Notable personages include:
C.J. Henderson (who wrote, among other things, Baby's First Mythos. I got a signed copy with some one-of-a-kind art on the inner cover by the artist).

R.K. Milholland, author of the webcomic, Something Positive. He is giving out free sketches. I got one of Choo Choo Bear.

Anyway, I am off to the races! Catch you later.

Old March 4th, 2007, 04:48 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
It's Sunday afternoon and a good time was had by all. I will post pics later or tomorrow (assuming I can get my new digital camera to interface with the PC). Suffice it to say that even with a 50 point advantage, Brunak + elves do not prevail against Me-Burq-Sa, Marro Warriors and Moltarns! The water helped, though the glyphs changed hands frequently enough to be fair.

It was fun listening to Randy Milholland's insights into his characters. The author of Questionable Content was also there.

I will give a full report in the next day or so.

Old March 5th, 2007, 12:03 AM

Here is an image of the battlefield! This view is of the defender's side. The build is shown here without glyphs or figures.

The idea is that a 300 point army of 2 Obsidian Guards, Marro Warriors and Me-Burq-Sa are trying to stop a 350 point army (build at will) from taking the Glyph of Brandar back to their start zone (green hexes outside).

In both battles played with this build, the defenders won.

Here is the same board seen from the attacker's perspective.

Old March 5th, 2007, 12:17 AM

The Battle is Joined!

Here is one of the players. He is the attacker. He has Brunak (for the lava), plus Syvarris and 2 Aubrien Archer squads. He lost against me playing a similar army (Monks, 2 Aubriens and Brunak) earlier.

Here is his start zone:

And here is the defender's start zone. Note the glyph of Brandar on the right. On the left, Kelda is on the rock, while Gerda and Astrid are in the water. Erland is also in the water and is only usable by the attacker.

Old March 5th, 2007, 12:25 AM

It's worth noting that any "void" space represents cavern walls that block LOS.

In the following pictures, the Marro Warriors take the glyphs early on while Brunak moves in.

Old March 5th, 2007, 12:35 AM

Brunak used Blood Hungry Special Attack to good effect in this battle. Unfortunately, the Marro Warriors just kept cloning. He did manage at one point to take out Me-Burq-Sa and a Marro Warrior with Blood Hungry, but it was late in the battle when it happened. Also, during the melee, Brunak managed to take advantage of the Glyph of Kelda.

Here are some pics showing how he carved his way through the enemy with the help of the Aubrien Archers.

Old March 5th, 2007, 12:52 AM

The following sequence shows how Syvarrris moved in to support and regretted it. He was paralyzed by Me-Burg-Sa who had higher ground and Astrid. Five dice, 4 skulls. Note the order markers left on Syvarris.

Poor Syvarris' last stand!

Now he is gone.

The fateful dice roll.

Here is Syvarris in the "dead book."

Old March 5th, 2007, 12:55 AM

At the end, Brunak managed to finally bite the dust. He was last to go after all the elves. Two Marro and three Moltarns rejoiced in their victory!

Old March 5th, 2007, 01:11 AM

Here are some pics of a build that we never got to play on. It is, however, the build featured in my signature. That big open field in front is the same one (on a different day) where my opponent took a wild swing at Krug! I am pictured here as well.

Old March 5th, 2007, 01:56 AM

chezious has disabled reputation
Sounds like you had a blast. I live in a small town and I dont foresee anything like that happening around here. That ice map looks sweet.

Give them nothing! But take from them everything!

Good traders: Draconious, Deathjester, nbxfan, maska, The Malicious Pigpig, Who 'dat

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports