Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old November 2nd, 2021, 07:16 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: MSE - Easy Army Card Creator (V2.5) (New Glyph Cards)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
After some time of using MSE, I realized the V3 of the cards (which is the most spacious) looks like crap.
I've taken the card images from X-2 Card Creator which look WAY BETTER and implemented them for MSE.
Here you can download this card pack: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...vX?usp=sharing
Just go into your MSE's data folder -> heroscape-ds.mse-style -> cardblanks and replace the card images. Or move the others somewhere to save them and then move into folder.

What do you mean by "crap" ? They looks pretty good for me and all the people I know using them.

"heroscape-ds.mse-style" are the basic blank cards from the first master set, and not the last "dungeon" v3 styles from the last official releases. And indeed those looks like crap ahah, but you are replacing them with another template here, with some differences.

You can check the differences here. Those are the same as in MSE.
Yes, I mean some of the ds ones are noticeably terrible, way too dark and downright unusable. Jandar for example
Spoiler Alert!

I took some time to crop those "standard Dungeon Style" Blank cards to fit in MSE, and will likely be using them more often for their cleaner look.
The only one I can say is somewhat better in that folder of cards is the utgar one.

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; November 2nd, 2021 at 08:10 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2021, 02:42 AM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is there a way to somehow change the text box sizes? The name title likes to go into 3 lines where other 2 line names normally would fit. And the abilities box could be a bit wider/better distributed. It seems some of the files that would allow changes to the presets are locked behind older coding?

~Don't even know what I'm talking about half the time.
Old November 3rd, 2021, 07:50 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Is there a way to somehow change the text box sizes? The name title likes to go into 3 lines where other 2 line names normally would fit. And the abilities box could be a bit wider/better distributed. It seems some of the files that would allow changes to the presets are locked behind older coding?

~Don't even know what I'm talking about half the time.
You can change text box sizes, fonts, resizing, color, position, etc. by editing the style file. Go into the data folder of your MSE installation, open the folder for the style of cards you want to edit, and open the style file in a text editor like Notepad. I would save a back up copy before making changes. Find the lines for the box you want to change and make your edits. Save it, and reopen MSE to see the effects.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old November 3rd, 2021, 09:11 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Quote:
After some time of using MSE, I realized the V3 of the cards (which is the most spacious) looks like crap.
I've taken the card images from X-2 Card Creator which look WAY BETTER and implemented them for MSE.
Here you can download this card pack: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...vX?usp=sharing
Just go into your MSE's data folder -> heroscape-ds.mse-style -> cardblanks and replace the card images. Or move the others somewhere to save them and then move into folder.

What do you mean by "crap" ? They looks pretty good for me and all the people I know using them.

"heroscape-ds.mse-style" are the basic blank cards from the first master set, and not the last "dungeon" v3 styles from the last official releases. And indeed those looks like crap ahah, but you are replacing them with another template here, with some differences.

You can check the differences here. Those are the same as in MSE.
Yes, I mean some of the ds ones are noticeably terrible, way too dark and downright unusable. Jandar for example
Spoiler Alert!

I took some time to crop those "standard Dungeon Style" Blank cards to fit in MSE, and will likely be using them more often for their cleaner look.
The only one I can say is somewhat better in that folder of cards is the utgar one.

Ah okay I see the issue here.
The thing is there are 2 MSE styles with dungeon blanks.
First one is low quality default one you showed here.
And second one is High Res one that you can recover it in the OP. You might want to check it.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old February 3rd, 2022, 11:28 PM

MSE download is down

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; February 4th, 2022 at 02:13 AM.
Old February 9th, 2022, 10:10 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
MSE download is down
I found what I believe is the MSE installation program and uploaded it here.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old September 3rd, 2022, 03:06 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I have been working with MSE for a long time for my customs, but lately I have been very annoyed with uploading images and more or less having to guess how it is going to be positioned on the card.

At least in the version I use, you can't see the borders of the card for the hit-zone field and it takes a couple of tries to get it right. Not horrible, but it could definitely be better. Similar problem with the main picture, but generally speaking I can get that right by looking where the fade starts.

Is there an updated version or a setting to change or something like that?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old September 3rd, 2022, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
I have been working with MSE for a long time for my customs, but lately I have been very annoyed with uploading images and more or less having to guess how it is going to be positioned on the card.

At least in the version I use, you can't see the borders of the card for the hit-zone field and it takes a couple of tries to get it right. Not horrible, but it could definitely be better. Similar problem with the main picture, but generally speaking I can get that right by looking where the fade starts.

Is there an updated version or a setting to change or something like that?
I use the mask PNG files from MSE to edit my hit zones and figure images in GIMP before importing them. Open them up in GIMP (or whatever photo editing software you use), delete the white area and save it off as a template. I'll open that template and then the image as a layer and make it fit where I want it. Make sure your edited image is the same size as the template when you are done so when you import it, it will fit exactly as you want it to.

Edit: works on the fogged image mask. It won't be semi-transparent, but you can see where the fog starts and can place your figure image accordingly.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software